DCS World Weekend News Update Discussion

Raven68

There is so much getting ready to drop my head may explode, some may enjoy that though :P

This is a very interesting post from an insider. I think the community should come together, take Sith away somewhere and devise a way to tell us what he knows! ;)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please dont read more into nothing than there is. Just because something isnt mentioned doesnt mean its delayed or pushed back. If there is a change they will tell us. Right now, everything is on track.

I apologize if my words may have angered wags or ED team, it was not my intention to make an erroneous interpretation of the newsletter. :(

^ It seems that discount info in the newsletter (and here in the forum) and the one shown in the news window when the game is loaded contradict each other in one aspect - people report that they can drop their purchase price by up to 60%, but only for the Nevada map. Sith, would You mind reporting it to the "powers that be"?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Is F5e included? Because for it it doesn't seem to work. Also C-101 looks in same situation.

I don't know the rest of the modules because I have them all minus one and didn't checked.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I tried looking at the Gazelle and the F-86, which were the two I was interested in, and both of those are only allowing 30%. I also checked the Mi-8 as well and got the same result. Specifically, it says:

Your bonus account balance $22.00, You can use $15.00 to pay current order.

So for a module priced at $49.99, that comes to being able to use bonus points on only 30% of the price.

Maybe for the F-5 and Gazelle but I have tried Mig-15, 101, L-39, FC-3, and a couple of the campaigns all with the same result - no more than 30% off.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

from the weekend update:

".........We are currently working on three maps: Caucasus map for DCS World 2.5, DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range (NTTR) map for its final release state, and the Normandy 1944 map to support our DCS World War II series. As these projects wrap up, we will continue work on the Strait of Hormuz and other maps. We will also continue to improve our maps with new technologies that will further improve their features, looks, and performance."

I'd love to know what they have in the pipeline for longer term maps after SoH.

Quite possible its due to it being early access still.

Gazelle is also early access and last time it was 60% bonus event I was able to buy it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Many thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes! F-5E acquired! :beer:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good grief! What graphics settings are you using? My specs are very similar to yours and I don't get that kind of performance in 1.5.4+

Wilbur I apologize. I simply missed this comment and don't want ya to think I'm an arrogant jerk...

Grouchy Old Fart...absolutely. But never an arrogant jerk.

I'll shoot ya a screen shot of my setting tomorrow for comparison.

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.