DCS World Weekend News Update Discussion

Raven68

Hopefully the Early Access hits then on the Q2/2017 and comes out at late 2017 so it can be bought from Steam. This is important to keep customer base as wide as possible so money flow doesn't halt.

Oh, and to get good translation of this (via google translate)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2936528&postcount=2007

Sounds good at least for a moment what it is written there :D

I hope you're right but it's little bit optimistic, don't you think ? I'd say Hornet early access would be in October or November 2017.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe i should start posting in russian to get people to pay attention:

пожалуйста, подождите бюллетень перед приведением из основного тона вилки

:megalol::megalol::megalol:

people won't complaing anymore lol

The next weekends update should be in Russian as well.. it would be fair I guess.. :D

As the road map says that there will be no F18 or 2.5 in 2016 and F18 needs another whole year is it true and official?

I have been playing chitty arcade games to kill time till the 2106 ends. Oh God what am I gonna do for the whole year

Are you kidding ? Modules are on sale right now. Pick one that suit your style, join us in Blue Flag Campaign (its in testing phase right now) then let the time flies by as you're gonna be busy with it. Make new friends from North America to Asia. Listen to their unique English accents in TS/SRS. Its an awesome feeling :)

Oh dear God, my DCS World is empty without Blue Flag lol :D

Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

As the road map says that there will be no F18 or 2.5 in 2016 and F18 needs another whole year is it true and official?

I have been playing chitty arcade games to kill time till the 2106 ends. Oh God what am I gonna do for the whole year

you could spend that time learning about airplanes so you're not so clueless about what a viggen does for example

Ridin on the hype train of DCS....

Speculation central friday mornin rail...

15 cars and 15 restless riders...

3 conductors an 25 sacks of mail...................

The conductor sings his song again

the passengers will please refrain

this trains got the disapearin rail road blues... ;)

we are all onboard in hype train

we all have hype in brain

i don't want to wait again

so i'll buy another plane for flyin

f-5 would be good for trainin

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Sith, I do owe you an apology. It was wrong of me to lash out at you. Someone who is just like the rest of us that is looking for a streight answer. My frustration was indeed misdirected and I am indeed sorry.

Now as far as this whole debacle. It was created by one of the DCS employees/developers that only shared the information with a very small group of this large community and was/is in conflict with the official news updates. That I consider a kind of bait and switch tactics. I kind of look at it this way. If someone new that is considering buying into DCS for the first time. The official news releases give the appearance of big things are moving forward with great speed and coming soon. Now all of us are hooked to DCS, but if I was new or considering to buy into DCS based on the news realeases and then discover that infact the information was more less a fabrication. I would be extremely upset and consider that I had been subjected to false advertisement.

I do appreciate you reaching out to Wags for clarification and requesting a post. Which he declined by the way and more less said that he would give information thur the offical news releases only. Kind of a disappointmentto to say the lleast. Especially when you have another DCS employee releasing contrary information to a small select group of these forums.

EricR, I can sympathise with what you have said, but you have been basing your views on a very misguided interpretation of what has actually been said in the news updates.

Show me - if you can please - where it ever gave a firm release date? EVERY comment made regarding work in progress has been a forecast, estimation, or target. Not once have you seen in any of the weekly updates that any project will be completed by a specific date apart from to announce imminent releases like the F-5E3

ED HOPED to get the 2.5 release out prior to the end of the year, they never ever said "we'd get it by any date" Note the emphasis on HOPED. It now transpires that they want to do more work, and make the release even better than originally planned.

Would you rather get it early, or get it as a virtually completed package barring a few inevitable bugs? I can assure you that past experience with releases have made all the developers re-think their strategy regarding Beta releases being a work in progress. You will hardly ever see a module being perfected in the public domain like happened in the past.

And believe me, all projects get delayed. It is simply the nature of the beast when dealing with in-depth, complex simulations. Get used to it.

EricR, I can sympathise with what you have said, but you have been basing your views on a very misguided interpretation of what has actually been said in the news updates.

Show me - if you can please - where it ever gave a firm release date? EVERY comment made regarding work in progress has been a forecast, estimation, or target. Not once have you seen in any of the weekly updates that any project will be completed by a specific date apart from to announce imminent releases like the F-5E3

ED HOPED to get the 2.5 release out prior to the end of the year, they never ever said "we'd get it by any date" Note the emphasis on HOPED. It now transpires that they want to do more work, and make the release even better than originally planned.

Would you rather get it early, or get it as a virtually completed package barring a few inevitable bugs? I can assure you that past experience with releases have made all the developers re-think their strategy regarding Beta releases being a work in progress. You will hardly ever see a module being perfected in the public domain like happened in the past.

And believe me, all projects get delayed. It is simply the nature of the beast when dealing with in-depth, complex simulations. Get used to it.

When you combine the multiple times that ED said it was set to come before the end of the year (yes it was their target, but this was the most concrete of their goals) with the fact that it was their number 1 priority, and combine THAT with the fact that the newsletter had just made it sound like 2.5 had very little left (tree rendering method and converting some old items). Then it is easy to see why a post saying it won't come this year the very next morning after that newsletter would cause people to question what is going on. It's just a matter of the newsletter painting a different picture on 2.5 that what was posted.

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

ED HOPED to get the 2.5 release out prior to the end of the year, they never ever said "we'd get it by any date" Note the emphasis on HOPED.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2869234#post2869234

I don't see a "HOPE" word, I see "planned for later this year" and "looking at this being completed by the end of 2016", from Wags himself.

Sure, plans change, priorities shift, everything is subject to change etc, nothing to get angry about, happens all the time. Just don't get overzealous and go on the forums claiming that nothing is delayed because ED didn't give a release date down to specific day and hour. They hinted it many times that 2.5 is on the way to be released this year.

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

People aren't angry about the delay, they are angry at the way it was communicated to only one group of folks.

This! We non-russian speakers just recieved a newsletter on the very same day that said nothing about it. Quite the opposite actually.

That was not really a masterpice of good communication. Delays happen, especially in software development. Just tell us, all of us, if something is not going according to plan. And preferably not at the very last moment. That's all I'm asking. The delay itself is not the problem (at least not for me).

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

maybe russian speakers will get f-18 one year later than us lol

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2869234#post2869234

I don't see a "HOPE" word, I see "planned for later this year" and "looking at this being completed by the end of 2016", from Wags himself.

Sure, plans change, priorities shift, everything is subject to change etc, nothing to get angry about, happens all the time. Just don't get overzealous and go on the forums claiming that nothing is delayed because ED didn't give a release date down to specific day and hour. They hinted it many times that 2.5 is on the way to be released this year.

Planned or hoped what is the difference? By the best will in the world, plans cannot forsee all eventualities, and anyone who goes off the rails as soon as a set of plans meets reality can hardly claim to have a snowflake in hells chance on any battlefield whether real or imagined!

Hinted, no release date, expected, intended - it all amounts to the same thing - intentions, and nothing more.

The simple fact that there has never been a concrete date for release means they haven't missed a release date. Where do you get this absolute assurance that it would be out this year? I suggest you re-read the weekly updates, and this time, do so with a sceptical eye and then see what it actually says.

And simply because someone spilled the beans on another section of the forum, doesn't mean anyone here is being deprived of anything. Just listen to yourselves!!!

Get with the program guys, you have received no promises, and no promises have therefore been broken. Just because you read far too much into stuff is hardly the fault of Eagle Dynamics. Read into any announcement more than is actually said, and be ready for disappointment - that has been the same since the earliest days of DCS World, and it'll always be that way.

ED forecast releases like the Met office forecast the weather. Sometimes it rains when it was assumed it would be sunny. When that happens, you have 2 choices - ignore forecasts, and wait for the clouds to show up - or head down to the beach in your Speedos, and get the sulks when you get wet. How can you accuse everyone for being liars and cheats, when all along the original statement was a balance of probabilities, which rarely turn out like we hoped.

It's a thing called reality!

Looking at the cockpit textures in the latest F-18 screenshot reminds me the Bug for FSX...

Do you guys and gals feel this textures are good enough?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Whatever ED does, I'm sure the quality is going to be very good.
+1 :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Think about it: If the old Dpitfire development takes 3+ years then how many decades will a much more complex Hornet development take ? :P

Take account wags tell about F/A-18C develop on a 2013 video (correction 2012, uploaded on 2013 by video corruption).... only sum and counting.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

As you wish:

Mission Editor/Misc/Credits.

:megalol:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)