MultiCrew So Far

twobells

Delivered, sir!

(PS I think I swear a couple times- just be warned)

Lovely flying - what kind of control set up is being used?

Also the enemy aircraft were really visible - can I ask what settings you were using - I have a lot of trouble seeing aircraft.

Multi-crew looks like a lot of fun! I love how you can do pop-up attacks - especially the one 1/2 way through the video. I found that kind of stuff quite a handful in the ka-50, but with two pilots (and a lighter helo) it looks very do-able now.

Edited by TomOnSteam

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

I was using a warthog setup, saitek combat pedals, and track ir5. I had issues with the Oculus Rift that night, but the Mistral version might be to blame for that. I know Eagle_Rising was using his Oculus Rift that night.

I usually use the high preset, but turn down the grass/clutter a bit. Being low to the ground, that stuff sometimes gets in the way. This is especially true in VR. They recently added a lot of flower to the ground, but they are 2d flowers and hurt the eyes to look at in 3d.

Lovely flying - what kind of control set up is being used?

Also the enemy aircraft were really visible - can I ask what settings you were using - I have a lot of trouble seeing aircraft.

Multi-crew looks like a lot of fun! I love how you can do pop-up attacks - especially the one 1/2 way through the video. I found that kind of stuff quite a handful in the ka-50, but with two pilots (and a lighter helo) it looks very double now.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Anyone having an issue when flying in multiplayer (Multicrew) and the gunners target being off from the Pilots? During my flight with a squadron mate we notice that when I was targeting (Gunner) that I missed targets wide left or right. When the pilot looks at the targeting camera he does not see the same picture that the gunner sees.

The attached photo shows where I ( The Gunner) had to align my aiming reticule to hit the target. The pilot had to instruct me to move the camera left or right of what I would see in the gunner position.

Screen_160829_230506.thumb.jpg.33698e9f926ea23906699ca18d805f90.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's because he doesn't use his joystick to slew the camera but the standard keyboard keys.

ASk him to suppress his keyboard binding for camera slew and to use the stick.

I use a Cougar to slew the camera's I do not use the keyboard.

:joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there a reason for using the joystick over the keyboard, or my setup with the DMS switch on the warthog stick. I use TMS for the camera zoom ? Is this ok or should I remap stuff. It seems to work when I go gunner :huh:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The force will even be stronger in the next update when we introduce the WIP Force Feedback....so save up!

Jesus Christ... the force in this thread is so strong that make me want to have the module ASAP....

Gam Zeh Ya'avor - King Salomon

The force will even be stronger in the next update when we introduce the WIP Force Feedback....so save up!

:thumbup::pilotfly::joystick::)

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

In the future will one player be able to see the other players mouse move?

Having just tried out my very poor instructing skills on one of my unsuspecting 229th colleagues it highlighted how hard it is to point out things in the cockpit without being able to draw their attention with something like the mouse

One of the highlights of multi player is the ability to be able to teach and test, having features that enhance this would be very helpful

Cheers

Hi...

I experienced multi-crew thing last night. It was (and will be) really fun. I was pilot in M model. I started the engine and got air. Then confirmed an incoming request. :)

At first, I couldn't be sure if anybody took the left seat in my unit or not. Because when I looked at my left, seat was empty. I know it's RSHift+P thing, but even if it's disabled, I should see a pilot there. Because there's no indication if I have a copilot or not.

Later, I headed to the target area, when arrived I enabled Hover Mode, but I realized Auto-Collective was disabled! (Why?) I tried to enable it, bu no luck. Why would Auto-Coll be offline, although Auto-Hover and Auto-Slaved modes were enabled?

As result, we hit the targets successfully. :) I always checked RWR and environment, he hit the targets. Mmm, finally we took hit by unknown thing. Tail part gone off and alltogether we crashed into the ground.

This adventure was in a M model. Before that, I tried to be 2nd pilot in a L model, but DCS crashed.

Thanks Pholychop. This is completely new experience in DCS. Thanks a lot! :)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

when arrived I enabled Hover Mode, but I realized Auto-Collective was disabled! (Why?) I tried to enable it, bu no luck. Why would Auto-Coll be offline, although Auto-Hover and Auto-Slaved modes were enabled?

Well, auto-collective is a made-up thing Polychop put into the sim to make it easier for a single pilot to use the missile system. So turning it off if you have a player in the left seat maybe makes some sense. Could just be a bug though.

Auto collective was put in for gameplay reasons to allow you to kill targets and not have to worry about too many things. Since it's a the pilots responsibility, during multi crew - the pilot is in charge of it just like in real life. He's also reposnsible for the pedals until Autos-slave is activated. So more work for the pilot (just like in real life).

Hi...

I experienced multi-crew thing last night. It was (and will be) really fun. I was pilot in M model. I started the engine and got air. Then confirmed an incoming request. :)

At first, I couldn't be sure if anybody took the left seat in my unit or not. Because when I looked at my left, seat was empty. I know it's RSHift+P thing, but even if it's disabled, I should see a pilot there. Because there's no indication if I have a copilot or not.

Later, I headed to the target area, when arrived I enabled Hover Mode, but I realized Auto-Collective was disabled! (Why?) I tried to enable it, bu no luck. Why would Auto-Coll be offline, although Auto-Hover and Auto-Slaved modes were enabled?

As result, we hit the targets successfully. :) I always checked RWR and environment, he hit the targets. Mmm, finally we took hit by unknown thing. Tail part gone off and alltogether we crashed into the ground.

This adventure was in a M model. Before that, I tried to be 2nd pilot in a L model, but DCS crashed.

Thanks Pholychop. This is completely new experience in DCS. Thanks a lot! :)

Only had two or three flights in multicrew so far but loved them completely. It really is something else now, DCS on a totally different level. When I did a little multicrew in the L-39, it wasn't even close to the immersion and fun with the Gazelle. :)

I second the wish for some kind of feature to see the mouse input of the other player but I guess this is something we have to ask ED about? In hand with that, it would be really great to see on the control indicator where the other pilots inputs are in case you need to take over the controls.

Maybe also another (player) seat for a passenger? If I have two noobs and need to train up both of them at the same time for example. Real pilots can't do that outside a simulator, ha! :D

BTW we had a lot of little quirky bugs aswell, I gotta dig into the bug report section a bit and see what is already reported.

The multi-crew is a WIP currently, so as we're able to do more - we'll add more. We have to work with ED to get some features implemented that aren't currently in there. Plus we have a lot of small things to fix since it was released publicly. We expected all these and were happy to hear your feedback since testing multi crew does take a lot of time for us. So any help testing and reporting issues is very welcomed. As usual, make sure you use the bug report template.

Only had two or three flights in multicrew so far but loved them completely. It really is something else now, DCS on a totally different level. When I did a little multicrew in the L-39, it wasn't even close to the immersion and fun with the Gazelle. :)

I second the wish for some kind of feature to see the mouse input of the other player but I guess this is something we have to ask ED about? In hand with that, it would be really great to see on the control indicator where the other pilots inputs are in case you need to take over the controls.

Maybe also another (player) seat for a passenger? If I have two noobs and need to train up both of them at the same time for example. Real pilots can't do that outside a simulator, ha! :D

BTW we had a lot of little quirky bugs aswell, I gotta dig into the bug report section a bit and see what is already reported.