FW Beginning Weapons Question

dresoccer4

Hello all! i just got the Fw-190 today with the sale and am having a blast learning its systems. Just now I loaded some bombs (4 SC50) and rockets (13 R4M) on her and took to the skies. I opened the manual and searched for correct rocket instructions, but there wasn't any mention in the official manual!

Do I possibly have an outdated version? Surely they'd add a quick section if there was a new feature. If not, are there instructions out there somewhere else? I have the great guide by Chuck but it seems outdated as well.

I tried to just logic my way through, but it seems I failed in that aspect as well.

i tried:

1) turning on master arm switch

2) turning on main rocket switch

3) fire!

but nada. any help would be appreciated.

-Daniel

1st EDIT: and one more question :) what is the difference between dive bomb and level bomb settings? i seemed to be able to do both with each setting and didn't notice a difference in the sight either

2nd EDIT: so i flipped the rocket emergency release switch to see what would happen and my rockets fired! i flipped the emergency rocket release switch back off, and they still fired...huh? Next i loaded her up with the SC-500 bomb and the WG21 rocket and repeated my steps, but couldn't for the life of me get the rocket to fire. even after i dropped the bomb. now i am thoroughly confused

Edited by dresoccer4

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Rockets and bombs don't go together. Don't know if it's a bug or not. Those Rockets are meant for A/A use but can also be used for A/G.

The sights won't change cus this is only a reflex sight like you'd find on an M-4 or something like that. Bombs I'd only drop while diving for better accuracy.

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Rockets and bombs don't go together. Don't know if it's a bug or not. Those Rockets are meant for A/A use but can also be used for A/G.

The sights won't change cus this is only a reflex sight like you'd find on an M-4 or something like that. Bombs I'd only drop while diving for better accuracy.

may be a bug huh? interesting. and gotcha about the sight, realize now it's static. do you know the difference between level and dive bombing selections?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

do you know the difference between level and dive bombing selections?

i think difference was between bomb fuse time settings, not sure if in DCS is this simulated (means time difference between level delay and dive delay)

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

i think difference was between bomb fuse time settings, not sure if in DCS is this simulated (means time difference between level delay and dive delay)

cool, thanks

Obviously this is a bug, as rockets alone are working well under all fuse settings for the bombs, and without regard if SZK itself is enabled at all or not.

Bomb Fusing Selector Unit has nothing to do with rockets fuses.

But, true is that both switches on "21-cm Rocket Control Unit" have any influence on 21-cm rockets.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

the delay seemed to be modeled in 1.5.3 , haven't tried since updated all the way down on the right side seemed to give a 2 second or so delay, hard to judge just how long

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bomb Fusing Selector Unit has nothing to do with rockets fuses.

But, true is that both switches on "21-cm Rocket Control Unit" have any influence on 21-cm rockets.

Saburo the source is in german, but you have actually to arm the Wrf.Gr.21 with the ZSK (Zünderschalkasten) what is normaly your bomb fuse.

It close the electrical wiring for the arming, that's might be the reason why you cant use bombs and the Wrf.Gr.21 at the same time.

Source:

Der Treibsatz wird über ZSK durch Druck auf den Bombenknopf mittels Glühbrückenzünder ERZ zum Anfeuern gebracht.

The propellant is brought about ZSK by pressing the bomb button means Glühbrückenzünder ERZ to cheer.

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Have anyone source how the R4M was armed on the Fw-190?

Found nothing, Me262 have new ZSK where you can switch between singel and salvo firing sperate arming switch and looks like salvo selector sounds intressting how this on the FW-190 with old ZSK proper worked.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

I havent seen a picture yet, but in this document the switches and location, also the salvo modes are being described.

[ame=http://www.deutscheluftwaffe.de/archiv/Dokumente/ABC/f/Flakraketen/R4M%20Orkan/Text/R4%20M-Anlage%20Abschussgereat/R4M%20Anlage%20%20Abschussgereat.pdf]www.deutscheluftwaffe.de/archiv/Dokumente/ABC/f/Flakraketen/R4M%20Orkan/Text/R4%20M-Anlage%20Abschussgereat/R4M%20Anlage%20%20Abschussgereat.pdf[/ame]

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Now it's starting to get tricky, there no picture with the arming device for R4M.

The only picture for that device I found so far, but no source for witch plane F8,D9 or Me-262 thx for posting this rel4y.

The first Switch is for salvo modus, R4M and Panzerblitz (2 different warheads) and the arm Switch.

http://www.deutscheluftwaffe.de/instrumente/katalog/anzeigen/gross/RZSK3A.gif

Edited by MAD-MM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• 6 years later...

I don't think it's a bug that you can't have bombs and rockets in the same payload. It is my understanding that the Dora used the same wiring to drop the bombs and fire the rockets so it's one or the other. 

Game setup - I9-13900K, 3000 MHZ 24 Core 32 Logical Processors, NVIDIA RTX 4090, 42” ASUS 4K OLED monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog, TM TPR Rudder pedals, HP Reverb G2 VR - soon to be Bigscreen VR