Common Flight Controls for Buttons Box Project

Hello,

First time poster. I've been out of the Flight sim game since the late 90s, just got back into it right now with DCS. In the past week I've purchased an X52 Pro, TrackIR 5, TM MFDs (and hooked them up to a pair of 8" LCD). All working, going through and reading the manuals now for various planes.

My next project is to build a Buttons Box for common flight controls, usually the ones that are used but yet have weird combo in different games. This is in addition to functional combat controls that the X-52 can handle in it various modes.

I'm using the Zero Delay USB encoder kit (LED version), which comes with board & wires, no soldering necessary and emulate 12 joystick buttons and 1 joystick (not used in this case). Got AutoHotKey scripts and tested it out that my Single Pole Single Throw (SPST) heavy duty toggle switches can work emulating 2 keyboard actions (ie: Landing gear down/up).

Here are the controls I have so far:

1. Eject! => Big Red Round Button

2. Master Arms => Red LED Toggle Switch with cover

3 & 4. Jettison Fuel & Ord => SPDT Toggle Switch taking up 2 buttons and 1 neutral position.

5. Landing Gear => SPST Toggle Switch

6 & 7. HUD Only View / Forward Cockpit View => SPDT Toggle Switch (I might map this to the joystick though)

8. Gun Sight Mode => SPST Toggle Switch

My question for feed back is, what common controls do you use that you would suggest being mapped to such a buttons box?

Thats a great idea, personally I've always dreamed of making an ejection handle and mounting it to my chair. Also maybe add autopilot modes and radar on/off?

Another thought, inkjet transfer paper. It will let you put decals on your panel.

Light the tires kick the fires!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]