What Air Combat Time Era do u prefer ?

SandMartin

What Air Combat Time Era do u prefer ?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What Air Combat Time Era do u prefer ?

• WW1 (Sopwith Camel vs Fokker DR1)
    • WW2 (P-51 vs BF-109)
    • Korea (Mig-15 vs F-86)
    • Vietnam and Six day war (Phantoms and Mirage 3 vs Mig-19 and Mig-21)
    • 1979 (F-15A, F-16A, Kfir vs MiG-21Bis, MiG-23 and MiG-25)
    • 1985 (F-16A, F-15C, F-18A, Mirage 2000, Torndao, Mig-29A, Su-27 and MiG-31)
    • 1994 (F-14B with Aim-54C, F-15E, F-16C (with Aim-120A) vs Su-30 and Mig-29S (With AA-12)
    • 2015 (F-22, F-15 with AESA, Aim-120C7 and Aim-9X, Eurofighters vs Su-35 with AAM-L) ?

Hello guys.

What time era most intresting for Air-Air battles for you ?

What you prefer - enage enemy with guns only, guns with missles as secondary weapon or modern missles with long range fighting with occasional gun kills ?

Edited by SandMartin

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

When it comes to air battles, 4th generation for sure. :)

Mostly during the operation Desert Storm.

About engagement, I'd prefer BVR.

However, 4.5/5th gen fighters are far more interesting IMO.

Edited by Darkbrotherhood7

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Out of the ones listed? - 1979 (F-15A, F-16A, Kfir vs MiG-21Bis, MiG-23 and MiG-25)

Missiles, but not amazing ones, no side has technological superiority, and classic dogfights were still a large part of the air combat scene.

Anything past the introduction of the AIM-120 gets heavily one-sided. Great for us westerners in the real world, but takes much of the fun out of a sim.

Also, seriously want an F-16A.

while i enjoy flying almost everything, when it comes to pure air to air combat i enjoy ww2 the most. Guns, eye to eye dog-fighting, etc etc.

my personal dreamlist for imaginary DCSWorld scenarios would be:

- DCSW: The Pacific 1942 [m2 zero/wildcat] or 1944 [m5 zero/hellcat]

- DCSW: Flight of the Intruder [Vietnam]

- DCSW: Top Gun [obviously F-14 related. 80s era style]

This would include at least 1 proper Era Specific map with fitting AI vehicles [ground,sea, air] plus at least two competing study-sim level aircraft. additionally of course there could be much more... Historical SP campaigns to accompany each Theater/aircraft etc...

a man can still dream, right? :)

Out of the ones listed? - 1979 (F-15A, F-16A, Kfir vs MiG-21Bis, MiG-23 and MiG-25)

Missiles, but not amazing ones, no side has technological superiority, and classic dogfights were still a large part of the air combat scene.

Anything past the introduction of the AIM-120 gets heavily one-sided. Great for us westerners in the real world, but takes much of the fun out of a sim.

I think so too. Fully functonal cockpit Mig-29A (9-12) with 4 R-60M and pair of first versions of R-27 vs F-16A block 15 and F-15A with AIM-7F and Aim-9L will be exellent choose for jet PvP simulator..

Edited by SandMartin

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

WWII :thumbup:

P-51B/C vs. Fw-190A8, Bf 109G6/14

1985 would be fine too...

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

This echoes almost exactly what I feel, although skewing the date slightly older to remove the F-15A and F-16A comes in a very close second. I really like the idea of a crappy AIM-7 being the top dog radar missile, and the "super fighters" of the F-15A and F-16A being available only in very limited numbers compared to numerous MiG-21s, MiG-23s, and late model F-4s and F-5s.

You get all the magic of old fashioned dogfighting with missiles that are just good enough to kill things, but not good enough that they're quite as dominant as the AIM-9Ms/R-73s and AIM-120s of today.

Edited by Why485

Ground pounding :smartass:

But If I had to pick dogfighting, anything pre-BVR.

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

1985 Cold War... F-4's, F-111's, A-6E's, Su-17's, Tornados, Mi-24's, AH-1F's F-104G's plus al the ones you listed.

A close second would be WWII 1939-1945 and then third would be anything 1965-1979.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"