Joystick roll trim shortcut?

Redglyph

Thanks! I'll try this, looks promising :)

Hm, seems it's not there anymore though, can't download the file. Maybe I can start from this and search or re-do it.

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Hm, seems it's not there anymore though, can't download the file. Maybe I can start from this and search or re-do it.

Sorry about that, I downloaded it years ago and edited to my needs. Will be away from home PC for a day or two, but will post the script when I get back.

Sorry about that, I downloaded it years ago and edited to my needs. Will be away from home PC for a day or two, but will post the script when I get back.

If that's no trouble, that'd be great :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

So, you basically bought an airplane to fly it like was IMPOSSIBLE in real life... Why? Why don't you just buy a P-51 instead? It has all triming capabilitites. Or just by an F-15 and you don't have to touch a single thing in the aircraft, it will always keep level.

Why do you even play simulations if all you want from the airplane is something it was incapable of. The 109 is stable if you have the right right speed and right power, so called cruise setting.

Also IRL you always use rudder to keep the plane coordinated. Do not use ailerons, they create lots of drag.

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

If that's no trouble, that'd be great :)

No problem, the Warthog is great for jets but I think for planes prior to 1950 it's a bit clunky - I use my MSFFB2 for these, and helicopters obviously :music_whistling:

I've located and attached the original two files from Kaiser for RoF, and will paste my lightly edited version in below (which I was using for CloD until I realised I could map trim directly).

//Starts here

include "target.tmh"

int main()

{

if(Init(&EventHandle)) return 1;

SetKBRate(25, 33);

// SetKBLayout(KB_FR);

// Axis Joystick

MapAxis(&Joystick, JOYX, DX_X_AXIS, AXIS_NORMAL, MAP_ABSOLUTE);

MapAxis(&Joystick, JOYY, DX_Y_AXIS, AXIS_NORMAL, MAP_ABSOLUTE);

SetSCurve(&Joystick, JOYX, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);

SetSCurve(&Joystick, JOYY, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);

// Axis Throttle

MapAxis(&Throttle, THR_RIGHT, DX_Z_AXIS, AXIS_NORMAL, MAP_ABSOLUTE);

MapAxis(&Throttle, THR_LEFT, DX_ZROT_AXIS, AXIS_NORMAL, MAP_ABSOLUTE);

MapAxis(&Throttle, THR_FC, DX_SLIDER_AXIS, AXIS_NORMAL, MAP_ABSOLUTE);

SetSCurve(&Throttle, SCX, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);

SetSCurve(&Throttle, SCY, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);

SetSCurve(&Throttle, THR_RIGHT, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);

SetSCurve(&Throttle, THR_LEFT, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);

SetSCurve(&Throttle, THR_FC, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);

// ***********************************************

// ***************** Joystick *******************

// ***********************************************

MapKey(&Joystick, S3, TEMPO(

EXEC("TrimDXAxis(DX_X_AXIS, CURRENT);TrimDXAxis(DX_Y_AXIS, CURRENT);"),

EXEC("TrimDXAxis(DX_X_AXIS, SET(0));TrimDXAxis(DX_Y_AXIS, SET(0));"),

)

); //Short press sets Trim to current stick position, Long press (1sec) resets Trim to 0

// Hat Trim

MapKey(&Joystick, H3U, EXEC("TrimDXAxis(DX_Y_AXIS, -45);"));

MapKey(&Joystick, H3D, EXEC("TrimDXAxis(DX_Y_AXIS, 45);"));

MapKey(&Joystick, H3L, EXEC("TrimDXAxis(DX_X_AXIS, -45);"));

MapKey(&Joystick, H3R, EXEC("TrimDXAxis(DX_X_AXIS, 45);"));

}

int EventHandle(int type, alias o, int x)

{

DefaultMapping(&o, x);

}

RoF.zip

• Like 1

No problem, the Warthog is great for jets but I think for planes prior to 1950 it's a bit clunky - I use my MSFFB2 for these, and helicopters obviously :music_whistling:

I've located and attached the original two files from Kaiser for RoF, and will paste my lightly edited version in below (which I was using for CloD until I realised I could map trim directly).

Thanks a lot, Huckle!