The Interesting Missions Generator

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Just tried it again and yes I still had the very low frame rates, getting to about 14 when a little higher.

Tried the second mission and had the same result. I have been flying the medevac campaign and that has been at 30 - 40. I didn't shut down or restart between trying yours and the medevac.

If you would like any other info just let me know.

Cheers

Right, in both VR and 2D/Monitor, all the UH-1H missions are causing a CTD within seconds of entering the cockpit. This is with the current stable 1.5.5 release and regardless if annotated or interesting type of flight.

Checked with normal UH-1H missions and they are okay.

I flew an L-39 flight from your set a few days ago and that was fine.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Brix, I updated the missions about a month ago to fix the CTD. Did you download your missions before then?

Seems my download date was 14th December, so I'll redownload and try again - thanks

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Because the F-15 doesn't have the complex system simulations of the individual modules. I think that without the more complex failure modes the missions will be a LOT less interesting.

It takes a bit of time to set them up for each aircraft so I haven't done it yet. I will eventually, I just haven't done it yet.

Yep - working great now, thanks!

I must say, I changed HOTAS recently, to the Logitech/Saitek X-56 G and the Huey has never been so easy to fly than with this.

Haven't done a flight in one for months, and have only a couple of hours' stick time in total, but just took off, flew a circuit and landed with no problems whatsoever - really impressed! Can't wait to get doing some of your flights :)

PS - I hate to ask, but would love to have some of these for the other helicopters... :worthy:

Kneeboard Guides

I'm pretty sure they added slingloads to the Ka-50 as well. Mi-8 would be great, though :thumbup:

edit: just checked - yes, the Black Shark can haul slingloads too.

Otherwise I don't know why the Ka-50 would be unsuitable - maybe you mean in some other way? They can't carry troops, that's for sure - not unless they sit on the stub-wings! :D

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

No pressure of course.

Would be nice to get to regularly practice that kind of control in the Ka-50 in different conditions. Well, in all the helicopters, but I think the little Gazelle may struggle a bit :cry:

Kneeboard Guides

• 2 months later...

Love the concept but I get in the UH-1 and don't get where to go to pickup troops. I fly around and land at the spot on the f10 map where troops are and try to load with F1 but I get not in a pickup zone. I read the kneepad. It tells me how to play but not what to do as in where to go to pick up troops then where to go to deliver them. I flew to red smoke once but there was no pick up there. I tried picking up at the Farp before I started and that is not the answer. If you can get me straight I would appreciate it but it is alot to ask I know. I would imagine you might be asking yourself....I created the missions, posted and what does he want me to do fly them for him too...LoL. I'm usually not to dense but I am on these miz

Thanks in advance.

Edited by tusler

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @emolina,

Just a quick ping to see if you're still developing your interesting mission generator as I hope to see it expanded even further. I still see huge potential here.

There are a few features I'd love to see added but I know time for these side projects are not always in abundance.

Anyway, just wanted to give an ping and let you know there is still interest in doing interesting things!

Cheers.

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

• 4 weeks later...

this is amazing, i am working my way through the f5e annotated and they are great; simple and fun! great for practicing the basics, lots of dead reckoning and getting the timing of the circuits ready to land on perfect time! Very fun, thank you for making this :D

I would like to echo the sentiments expressed here about this mod.

Outstanding work!

This has much more potential!

My request?

A version for Normandy.

I can think of lots of "interesting things" to do in the French countryside.

How about a trip from England to France to pick up a rare bottle of wine for a high paying customer!

With a time limit! In bad weather!

"Dam, no time to sample the wares!":megalol:

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I would like to echo the sentiments expressed here about this mod.

Outstanding work!

This has much more potential!

My request?

A version for Normandy.

I can think of lots of "interesting things" to do in the French countryside.

How about a trip from England to France to pick up a rare bottle of wine for a high paying customer!

With a time limit! In bad weather!

"Dam, no time to sample the wares!":megalol:

With CCIP delivery of said wine lol!!!

• Like 1