Mirage Full A-A Refuel from KC-135 - Testing some Camera angles

Rlaxoxo

Also I noticed a small change while I was doing this when you have all fuel tanks and try to refuel you can refuel but once you reach around 7400 kg

It keeps refueling even though you are full and doesn't tell you that the refueling is finished you can stay connected forever

Enjoy

[ame]

[/ame]
Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

From an aircraft with the wrong refueling mechanic? :huh:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think for having seen a lot of refuel video that the disconnection of the plane is made by himself (decelerating slowly)

EDIT : HELL !!! it's not the good refueling system on the KC135 !!!

it's like if you want to make the square pass through the star shape !!!

Maybe the main bug is that you were able to refuel with a KC135 ^^

Edited by Dragonares76

"Clear to startup ... Contact ..."

Geoffrey Wellum - First Light

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think for having seen a lot of refuel video that the disconnection of the plane is made by himself (decelerating slowly)

True, Just saying how it used to work before

Maybe the main bug is that you were able to refuel with a KC135 ^^

Well, the refueling is all about hitting the Hitbox of boom with the Hitbox of your own refueling rod.

So in a way programming wise it's not different at all so you can do this, Don't know if they plan on changing this in the future but these sort of fun little things are not so bad

Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

I use T-16000M for over a year now I think it's a bit worn out has some small issues with the deadzones in the middile.

I managed to neutralize the problem by repairing it my self to a certain point.

My curves are

- Pitch - 4 deadzone - +18 Curvature

- Roll - 4 deazone - +16 Curvature

- Yaw - 0 deazone - +20 Curvature

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Rod to Rod action.... hmmmmmm ;) unsure.gif :D

Seriously, why? Just use the S-3, or the Il-78, or even the modded KC-135FR from the AdA mod.

Anyway: Yes, that you can even refuel there is the bug.

As for your original question: I have no clue. But you can do that in real life I think.

Not the refueling with the wrong connector, but staying connected and tanking as much as you burn.

I had the same problem on the IL-78 last time I tried.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The boom has a signal system that relays contact status between tanker and receiver. Normally the receiver aircraft triggers the disconnect through this system when it stops taking fuel. Neither the boom drogue adapter or MPRS pod paradrogue have a signal coil system, so disconnects have to be made manually by having receiver back off.

Another thing worth mentioning is that when the boom drogue adapter is used, the boom operator won't fly the boom to the receiver, they will have the boom fully telescoped out and flying in trail. The boom operator pretty much just observes the receiver and makes sure they stay in the refueling envelope.

• Like 1

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

Isn't that solved by now? I thought it was the last time I refueled.

Not on my end. I'm still seeing the tankers hold like 180 something while in holding and not accelerating until they clear me for contact. Then as soon as I get the "offload complete, disconnect" message the basket starts to retract and he starts to slow down. That's with the S-3 and IL-78M.

I'm curious how changing their waypoint air speeds and orbit air speeds has on this bug, I haven't noticed any difference. But tanker joins are really sporty trying to get down to below 200 knots!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T707A using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Not on my end. I'm still seeing the tankers hold like 180 something while in holding and not accelerating until they clear me for contact.

I'm curious how changing their waypoint air speeds and orbit air speeds has on this bug, I haven't noticed any difference.

The orbit speed (if you're using an orbit task) definitely sets their pre-contact speed, like it does for all other aircraft. Are you sure you're specifying this as ground speed? The tanker-specific behaviour doesn't appear to come into play until you've requested rejoin.

A request!

Could someone design a few refuelling missions with steps on how to proceed with refuelling from start to finish?

much appreciated!:joystick:

AMD FX-8350

PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The orbit speed (if you're using an orbit task) definitely sets their pre-contact speed, like it does for all other aircraft. Are you sure you're specifying this as ground speed? The tanker-specific behaviour doesn't appear to come into play until you've requested rejoin.

Now that you mention it, ground speed might be what it's setting. But like I said, I don't see that speed until after I am cleared for contact. I'll try moving the around some this weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T707A using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift