Leap Motion

libory

Welcome. It's rubbish. There have been many, many threads regarding this. Please search

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Yeah, not for DCS yet/ever, but it has been improving for FSX/P3D and etc. with it's updates.

But IMHO: still only slightly less cumbersome than using a mouse when wearing VR.

I got my LM for $20 delivered, and feel it was worth the investment to be dragged along with its update/upgrades, towards a time when this technology will be perfected and fully integrated in VR/AR/MR.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

XSPC Water Cooled ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.5Ghz

32GB-3200Mhz Rip Jaw DDR4 RAM.

EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+

Samsung 950 512GB SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Combat Pro Pedals

Mod'd OpenWheeler cockpit

Oculus Rift CV1.

I agree, the Orion update really improved my LeapMotion too.

Also, the calibration is really important to get it to track/work well.

Since I'm using the CV1, my monitor is my 90" Sharp flat screen TV, so trying to use it to do the calibration was pretty much hopeless.

So to get a good calibration (above 90 needed with Orion) I just used a large mirror (as LM suggests) and that made a 'big' difference in how well it works in FSX.

If it can ... and ever does get effectively integrated with DCS it would 'very' helpful.

But it seems that if looking to see which will fill faster by "hoping in one hand and ..." well ... you know the rest. ;)

Edited by MacThai_75

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

XSPC Water Cooled ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.5Ghz

32GB-3200Mhz Rip Jaw DDR4 RAM.

EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+

Samsung 950 512GB SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Combat Pro Pedals

Mod'd OpenWheeler cockpit

Oculus Rift CV1.