DCS World Su-34 Fullback

Well, I can guarantee than I am not the only one wishing for a Sukhoi Su-34 "Fullback" Strike Fighter-Bomber!

I am looking to make an Su-34 for all who are interested, because it seems damn near well that no dev is planning on making it any time soon, and all of the projects that were being made have had no progress done for atleast a year! This is outrageous for us who actually have an interest in this plane and its tactical advantage.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer

I myself do NOT know programming nor texturing, but I am a beginner 3d model..er...

About the project itself, I do only request one thing from you guys, well.. two actually.

I ask that you guys do and do not pay attention to my brand new account, considering I do play the game, am not the most hardcore simulation fan, but I have to have atleast some interest to be doing this for me and you guys as well.

Secondly, if anyone could be kind enough to supply me with a blueprint esc. set of photos of the Su-34, 6 preferably, with the photo being the same size but the blueprint inside being relative to eachother. For example, the top would obviously be bigger then the front, but the photo size would be the same resolution, just with the rest of the space being blank color. If these photos could be of these parts (Starred ones are necessary) *Front, *Back, *Top, *Bottom, Left side, Right side. I do not need both sides, but atleast one.

Thanks guys, Wish me luck and send me messages if I fail to remember to update this post.

Sincerely,

ErrDeeEff

• Like 1

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. -General George S. Patton

Well, I can guarantee than I am not the only one wishing for a Sukhoi Su-34 "Fullback" Strike Fighter-Bomber!

I am looking to make an Su-34 for all who are interested, because it seems damn near well that no dev is planning on making it any time soon, and all of the projects that were being made have had no progress done for atleast a year! This is outrageous for us who actually have an interest in this plane and its tactical advantage.

Disclaimer

I myself do NOT know programming nor texturing, but I am a beginner 3d model..er...

About the project itself, I do only request one thing from you guys, well.. two actually.

I ask that you guys do and do not pay attention to my brand new account, considering I do play the game, am not the most hardcore simulation fan, but I have to have atleast some interest to be doing this for me and you guys as well.

Secondly, if anyone could be kind enough to supply me with a blueprint esc. set of photos of the Su-34, 6 preferably, with the photo being the same size but the blueprint inside being relative to eachother. For example, the top would obviously be bigger then the front, but the photo size would be the same resolution, just with the rest of the space being blank color. If these photos could be of these parts (Starred ones are necessary) *Front, *Back, *Top, *Bottom, Left side, Right side. I do not need both sides, but atleast one.

Thanks guys, Wish me luck and send me messages if I fail to remember to update this post.

Sincerely,

ErrDeeEff

You need to contact ED and get approval to make a module.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You need to contact ED and get approval to make a module.

Only if you want money for it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

i suppose this is going to be around flaming cliffs level?

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

The internal quality would entirely be up to whoever manages to program it, I'm only planning on making the model to be built upon to inspire the rest of us to pitch anything they can in.

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. -General George S. Patton

This process will be near completely new to me, I've modeling but only a few things before, but why start on something small if no one would pay enough attention to care about the final product. Plus, this is my favorite looking and performing aircraft of all time coming to a near perfect simulation engine.

well if it's your first you might be better off doing something only a little more elegant than a high quality..."flyable mod" as some people say, (stuff like triet ngyuen's MiG-31) and if you have any knowledgeable scripters on hand you can make your own targeting systems and whatever else the fullback uses. i have yet to see a mod that allows the user to launch Kh-59s or Kh-65s in a proper manner without the utilization of launch authorization override (on any aircraft capable of wielding them), so that might be a nice touch...that is if you get the people willing to script stuff like that. mind you, i've made flyable mods but they all fail at certain points, mostly pertaining to weapons systems since there are no true multirole aircraft in the FC3 pack. the Flanker and Fulcrum cockpits do well with LGBs and dumb bombs but that's about it. I usually just copy-paste scripts instead of writing my own anyways, so i don't think i could help you much on those missiles.

in any case, good luck on the project. :thumbsup:

PS: i could try and help out with sound design though, though i'm nothing like diveplane, i'm somewhat versed in producing internal systems sounds and the like. message me if you need some help with cockpit sounds, warnings, that kind of stuff.

Edited by Harpoon

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

I am intending on finishing the model before contacting Wagner to have a better chance to show completion.

• ED Team
I am intending on finishing the model before contacting Wagner to have a better chance to show completion.

You will need much more than just an external model to proceed. I suggest getting your team in place, and getting something working in the sim to a degree, with cockpit. I would also investigate the amount of data you can acquire for FM creation. That could be tough.

Good luck.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Update:

The blueprint images have been found, and cropped with Gimp, they're slightly offsized but I can always just scale the final model if anything isn't right. Modeling also began, though I don't know how I will get the cockpit in, I am building the body and wings right now, and then engines and tail wings will come.

P.S: Any nice reference images/ articles would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by ErrDeeEff

You will need much more than just an external model to proceed. I suggest getting your team in place, and getting something working in the sim to a degree, with cockpit. I would also investigate the amount of data you can acquire for FM creation. That could be tough.

Good luck.

This is a one man project at the moment, without the external model you'd be flying a large block of nothing. I'd presume it'd be easier to rig with something to judge what you're rigging off of. Your thoughts have been taken into place, but I am not the one to know how any of that would be done as it isn't exactly my area of expertise.

I think your eyes are bigger than your stomach mate. You say you're a novice modeler, and yet you're leaping into a fairly complex shape, and trying to set up a team for an even more complex module on a highly classified aircraft. I think instead of throwing yourself at a brick wall and hoping everything turns out right, you take more time to get comfortable with modeling. Build yourself up. develop your skills. Work on simpler shapes to develop the tools you're going to need to break that wall. If you continue as you are, you're going to burn yourself out. If aircraft has to be your thing, look at some more simple shaped aircraft and work your way up to being able to efficiently pull off something like the fullback.

You're trying to run before you can walk mate.

• ED Team
This is a one man project at the moment, without the external model you'd be flying a large block of nothing. I'd presume it'd be easier to rig with something to judge what you're rigging off of. Your thoughts have been taken into place, but I am not the one to know how any of that would be done as it isn't exactly my area of expertise.

No worries, just trying to give you an idea of what you might need to go forward with any agreement with ED.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I think your eyes are bigger than your stomach mate. You say you're a novice modeler, and yet you're leaping into a fairly complex shape, and trying to set up a team for an even more complex module on a highly classified aircraft. I think instead of throwing yourself at a brick wall and hoping everything turns out right, you take more time to get comfortable with modeling. Build yourself up. develop your skills. Work on simpler shapes to develop the tools you're going to need to break that wall. If you continue as you are, you're going to burn yourself out. If aircraft has to be your thing, look at some more simple shaped aircraft and work your way up to being able to efficiently pull off something like the fullback.

You're trying to run before you can walk mate.

Of course you're right, but where is the fun and the challenge in making something more intermediate, you can't teach a kid to swim by throwing him in the deep end first, but if you give him a hand he might learn how to stay afloat.

What I mean by that is, you can't just learn to 3d model by doing nothing but taking on big projects, but if you give yourself the software manual and some more reference guides, you'll learn as you go.

Edited by ErrDeeEff
Messed up the adage :/

I say go for it, If you are passionate about the aircraft you are making you will have more drive to keep going and perfecting your skill, even if you fail and will not be happy with some results, and need to restart, you are more likely to learn from your mistakes and do a better job next time. If you keep trying, you can't get any worse at it, you can only get better. It is a big undertaking, but I wish you good luck bro......Would be really cool to have the SU-34.

• Like 1

It might help to get a 3D model of an Su-27 on a website or something. The Su-34 is 2ft longer, with the same wingspan, and the wing area is .8ft(sq) bigger than on the 27. A model of an Su-30MKI would also work. The 34 and 30MNKI have a VERY similar frame with canards. I do not know how anybody would get a hold of data for the MFDs, radar (front and back) and other systems that the Russians most likely want to keep near and dear. You may want to give brianacooper11 and 3DArtistExtreme a PM and ask how they are getting a hold on Tu-22M3 systems and flight data. I love the Fullback, both its capabilities and its looks but like many others are saying, find a team first, go ask some members of other teams how you could go about this, Merker6 is awesome, he's a VERY experienced Blender modeler, he did the A-4E that HoggitDev is making. Go to ED Forums>English, scroll down and click on: VEAO Simulations, Belsimtek, AvioDev, Leatherneck Simulations or (maybe) Polychop Simulations. Find people on these forums with "3rd Party Developer" under they name. These guys would be able to help you get you some ideas to get your team and strategies set out. They make payware so some of the rules and such may be different if you do not intend on making money off of this module. As others have stated also contact Wags. I hope this project goes through to a finished product but until you have a team of experienced individuals then I think myself along with many others will be cautiously hyped for this.

Best Of Luck,

FireFox500

PC Specs: i7 4790 (non K), MSI GTX 980, 1TB Seagate HDD, 32GB Crucial DDR3-1600MHz RAM, 3 Samsung 1920x1080 monitors, EVGA 850W G2 PSU

Just do it.

I don't know how far you'll go, but I'll tell ya that a new AI model would be awesome. Now, a flyable? No question that'd be even better!

Also, on the systems and stuff (FM, etc.), take your best guess. Having a shot at a platform like this in the sim outweighs any doubts of inaccuracies, IMHO.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Lord of Salt

Quick update:

Didn't make as much progress as I'd like, but that was more so because I'm finding trouble on how to start specific areas, but I got the akward area behind the cabin where it blends into the radar tail done, I just need to extend it. Bottom is next and then the first wing.

http://i.imgur.com/671hjLH.jpg

If anyone knows how to make shapes into semi circles or atleast round them out that would be greatly appreciated, my shapes are eyeballed to make them look moderately like they're round, but they're still just eyeballed...

Edited by ErrDeeEff

I forgot to mention as well, this is gonna be the general model, no high/low poly. I will be detailing the windows, machine gun mantle, air refueling pod, etc. later.

I forgot to mention as well, this is gonna be the general model, no high/low poly. I will be detailing the windows, machine gun mantle, air refueling pod, etc. later.

So if I am understanding you are going to get a general model of an airframe, engine nacelles, and other basic structure elements together now and then at a later time and go back and put in all the fine details like antennas. The model looks great btw

PC Specs: i7 4790 (non K), MSI GTX 980, 1TB Seagate HDD, 32GB Crucial DDR3-1600MHz RAM, 3 Samsung 1920x1080 monitors, EVGA 850W G2 PSU

So if I am understanding you are going to get a general model of an airframe, engine nacelles, and other basic structure elements together now and then at a later time and go back and put in all the fine details like antennas. The model looks great btw

Yes that's correct, thanks as well.

I need to round out the radar tail and the cabin to a better circle, so I am reworking all of that so it might be delayed until wings are done.

Edited by ErrDeeEff

Yes that's correct, thanks as well.

I need to round out the radar tail and the cabin to a better circle, so I am reworking all of that so it might be delayed until wings are done. From now on all update photos will be put in the MAIN topic message.

If I can offer any help let me know, I own Photoshop CS6 so if I can do anything let me know

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If I can offer any help let me know, I own Photoshop CS6 so if I can do anything let me know

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If you know how to texture that'd be lovely, even if only simple textures, something besides a grey color pallet is nice.