DCS Aircraft Service Years - Spreadsheet

Jarlerus

mig23MLA is on the table again

Officially confirmed and has ED's blessings this time

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

as for the Hornet F/A18C Lot 20 OFP13C its not exactly 2001.

Lot 20 were produced in 1998, but the various Upgrades that Hornet has are from the 2000s. AMPCD replacement for MPCD delivered in 2004 , First aim9x block in 2003, and first Operational ( not test bed) JHMCS for legacy Hornets starting in 2005

Besides analyzing what features where added when, Officially ED did say that the Hornet represented would be Circa Mid 2000s ( 2005?) and that seems about right

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

as for the Hornet F/A18C Lot 20 OFP13C its not exactly 2001.

Lot 20 were produced in 1998, but the various Upgrades that Hornet has are from the 2000s. AMPCD replacement for MPCD delivered in 2004 , First aim9x block in 2003, and first Operational ( not test bed) JHMCS for legacy Hornets starting in 2005

Besides analyzing what features where added when, Officially ED did say that the Hornet represented would be Circa Mid 2000s ( 2005?) and that seems about right

Yeah, 2005 seems reasonable to assume.

*fixing* =)

//Jarl.

• 2 months later...

i wouldn't know the exact date of the Current Iteration we have of the Av8B N/A but it would certainly be into the 2000s

Older Harriers from the 1990's have MPCD like the 90s era Hornets.

the one that Razbam modeled has the new LCD based AMPCD displays. This is the display type that the mid 2000's modernized Hornet has that is in the Center lower part of the Console. Given the link on the when Hornets got thier AMPCD's its safe to assume it would be 2004 at the earliest.

Edit:

According to the av8b Manual aircraft" after AFC-456" started being retrofitted with the new displays

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

i wouldn't know the exact date of the Current Iteration we have of the Av8B N/A but it would certainly be into the 2000s

Older Harriers from the 1990's have MPCD like the 90s era Hornets.

the one that Razbam modeled has the new LCD based AMPCD displays. This is the display type that the mid 2000's modernized Hornet has that is in the Center lower part of the Console. Given the link on the when Hornets got thier AMPCD's its safe to assume it would be 2004 at the earliest.

Edit:

According to the av8b Manual aircraft" after AFC-456" started being retrofitted with the new displays

Hmm, so the only difference between the DCS one and the older 1990 Harrier, is the actual screen itself? From a DCS perspective I'd say that's a minor upgrade that does not have any impact on it's operational effectiveness. If so, it is in essence still a 1990 aircraft.

(I don't know what to do with the "AFC-456" info, unfortunately :P )

Thanks for your feedback though ^^

//Jarl.

Hmm, so the only difference between the DCS one and the older 1990 Harrier, is the actual screen itself? From a DCS perspective I'd say that's a minor upgrade that does not have any impact on it's operational effectiveness. If so, it is in essence still a 1990 aircraft.

(I don't know what to do with the "AFC-456" info, unfortunately :P )

Thanks for your feedback though ^^

//Jarl.

It also gets lightening 2 AT TGP which was introduced in 2003. Given the time period, this Harrier N/A is also has GPS module integrated into it like the Hornet was via upgrade for improved navigation as well as for being able to use and Self Target JDAM's , features that wouldn't have been available in 1990

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

It also gets lightening 2 AT TGP which was introduced in 2003. Given the time period, this Harrier N/A is also has GPS module integrated into it like the Hornet was via upgrade for improved navigation as well as for being able to use and Self Target JDAM's , features that wouldn't have been available in 1990

Hmm. Ok. Sounds reasonable. Though, from a DCS PoV, it uses those system upgrades as basically "quality of life" ones, as they don't alter it's weapon employment capabilities. (we don't have JDAM's, for example).

I'll move it anyway, and mark it as I did with the F/A-18C.

//Jarl.

Hmm. Ok. Sounds reasonable. Though, from a DCS PoV, it uses those system upgrades as basically "quality of life" ones, as they don't alter it's weapon employment capabilities. (we don't have JDAM's, for example).

I'll move it anyway, and mark it as I did with the F/A-18C.

//Jarl.

WE do have "JDAMS" in DCS. Gbu38/31 for the A10 Would are " JDAMS", simply that these munitions aren't yet present on the harrier because its still EA and not all features are yet functional.

IT will at some point receive them

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3331447&postcount=6

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

WE do have "JDAMS" in DCS. Gbu38/31 for the A10 Would are " JDAMS", simply that these munitions aren't yet present on the harrier because its still EA and not all features are yet functional.

IT will at some point receive them

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3331447&postcount=6

Hmm, Ok. I'm confused by the post at the link though. Is there, or is there not GPS-support in DCS for JDAM's?

Either way, it will be interesting once it's working.

//Jarl

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This list is just what I was looking for! My first aircraft to learn was the Su-27 and then the MiG-15bis. Now I am starting the MiG-21 and wondered if there was a list I could go by when aircraft went in to service. It's cool to get the feel of the technology and limitation of the times. Your list, Jarlerus, is more than I could have hoped for! And with WEAPONS!!! Thanks mate!

Is there an indication of what aircraft are flyable? I purchased them all except for the Hawk (since its not supported going forward) but others, I think, would find it useful.

Thanks again!

This list is just what I was looking for! My first aircraft to learn was the Su-27 and then the MiG-15bis. Now I am starting the MiG-21 and wondered if there was a list I could go by when aircraft went in to service. It's cool to get the feel of the technology and limitation of the times. Your list, Jarlerus, is more than I could have hoped for! And with WEAPONS!!! Thanks mate!

Is there an indication of what aircraft are flyable? I purchased them all except for the Hawk (since its not supported going forward) but others, I think, would find it useful.

Thanks again!

What do you mean with "Is there an indication of what aircraft are flyable?"

Is this what you mean?:

Year-span color indicate:

Green: In the game. (purchasable and flyable)

Yellow: In development.

Red: Wishlist.

What do you mean with "Is there an indication of what aircraft are flyable?"

Is this what you mean?:

Year-span color indicate:

Green: In the game. (purchasable and flyable)

Yellow: In development.

Red: Wishlist.

My apologies, I shouldn't have posted right before bed. :doh: Your list is perfect! :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great topić. I wanted to do the same and i've just noticed someone did that before me. I propose to do some table, easy to read and easily available for the community, like .pdf with schiluetes of aircrafts and thei operational dates.

Great topić. I wanted to do the same and i've just noticed someone did that before me. I propose to do some table, easy to read and easily available for the community, like .pdf with schiluetes of aircrafts and thei operational dates.

Hi! Thanks.

In what way do you think that the current layout is not easily to read?

Having it exclusively as a Google Sheet makes it easier to keep up to date.

//Jarl

• 4 months later...

Jarl, this is bloody brilliant. Thank you for your work and efforts to keep it updated.

Great job sir.

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jarl, this is bloody brilliant. Thank you for your work and efforts to keep it updated.

Great job sir.

Thanks! Means a lot :)

You seem to be missing the MB 339 though smile.gif Also, arguably, since Hawk is technically still available for old versions, perhaps it can be included in the list with a caveat?

I removed the Hawk, as it's un-released :P

I'll add the MB 339 though - Thanks for reminding me ^^

//Jarl