Trying to create a new model.

Hey DCS community, I'm new here to this community website, so I hope I'm posting this thread at the right place.

My name is Eric, I'm a huge fan of this game, have spent a lot of time playing it and all, I'm currently thinking about making some a new aircraft module, most probably about the F-16C, F-22 and the SU-50 PAK Fa, with their 4th Generation navigation smartscreens and MFD, as I have gathered a lot of accurate information and abilities in numbers on paper, yet I am kinda new to the whole idea of how one is supposed to make an inter model out of some files, I'm only starting out now, I've looked at some .lua stuff through the Notepad++ and the codes seemed hardcore, is there a particular pattern you guys are taking to simplify such codes when creating the commands and attaching them to a specific button in an aircraft?

I really hope you guys can at least point out a thing or two about the things I need to work on to create an aircraft module.

P.S. I hope I'm not bothering or anything.

Best regards,

F0GxLiGhT.

Most stuff is in C++ in .DLL mainly the Flight Model (FM) and other stuff.

If I was you I'll start on a simpler airframe. The F-16 is doable so check out this thread >> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=95985

The F-22 and Pak-50..... no chance.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

F-22 and T-50 as AI Models or fun mod? That's great

But as a fully playable module? Sorry if this offend you but i think ED wont approve this :(

They would approve them if he could prove he had the contacts required to achieve the realism standard expected with DCS.

They would approve them if he could prove he had the contacts required to achieve the realism standard expected with DCS.

Which might be possible in a parallel Universe only...

It's good people have enthusiasm but it should be also a realist one. There are simpler planes that had competent team and took many years to complete (or almost complete)... Starting to dream at a nth generation fighter only as a GTA mod is not gonna have much chances.

How about a An-2? Or a skydiver? :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I really hope you guys can at least point out a thing or two about the things I need to work on to create an aircraft module.

In the nicest possible way, if you have to ask a question as basic as this, you're not going to be able to do it.

But as you have at least managed to post in the right section, then just look at the stickies in the "How To" section (and the other sub sections), and also use the search function.

There are plenty of guides.

Most stuff is in C++ in .DLL mainly the Flight Model (FM) and other stuff.

If I was you I'll start on a simpler airframe. The F-16 is doable so check out this thread >> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=95985

The F-22 and Pak-50..... no chance.

Thank you very much for your reply, appreciate the link, yeah, the F-16V might be a project plan for me, however, I don't really know, was just a thought in mind, I've gathered quite a lot of tunning/performance information about the F-16V, I'd say it's around 94% accurate, the F-22's 60% accurate and the SU-50 PAKFA's around 30%, I'm still looking around, but the two last aircrafts are strictly classified, I don't honestly care if my project's being approved of not,

I don't want the money, I just want to make a difference for that game, implementing the new MFD and the smart scanning screens onto a 4th/5th Gen aircraft.

Thank you for your reply in advance Mister.

...I've gathered quite a lot of tunning/performance information about the F-16V, I'd say it's around 94% accurate, the F-22's 60% accurate and the SU-50 PAKFA's around 30%, ...

Out of curiosity, on what basis do you judge that your Sukhoi PAK FA information is 30% accurate? There's only 6 prototypes (1 damaged and being repaired) in the world, and the engines it will eventually get haven't even been built yet.

F-22 and T-50 as AI Models or fun mod? That's great

But as a fully playable module? Sorry if this offend you but i think ED wont approve this :(

Not at all bro, nothing really offensive about your opinion, I truly appreciate the honest feedback, just as much negative as it is.

Now for the mod matter, yes I will first start with an AI module for the aircraft, see if everything's gonna turn out fine for me, test everything before a community content release.

Now I want you to know that I've gathered some accurate avionics standards of the 2009's F-22 from Lockheed Martin and to be honest with you, whether ED's gonna approve of it or not, it's gonna be for you guys and I'd rather give it to you for free than charge money for it, I'll try to tune the performance of these aircrafts and try implementing a cockpit modified with MFDs, probably similar to the F-15C/A-10C logics then work more on it.

Check a similar video to what I'm talking about:

Which might be possible in a parallel Universe only...

It's good people have enthusiasm but it should be also a realist one. There are simpler planes that had competent team and took many years to complete (or almost complete)... Starting to dream at a nth generation fighter only as a GTA mod is not gonna have much chances.

How about a An-2? Or a skydiver? :pilotfly:

One can dream thought, right? Haha.

I completely understand that, I don't need ED to approve of my project so I can benefit from it.

To be completely honest with you here, I just want to create a new flying era in that game, a start of a new generation, I might not be approved of as a 3rd party developer, but I sure can develop a perfectly tuned aircraft when it comes to performance, internal/external-design and I am sure that not being an ED game developer wont stop me from releasing a free mode to you guys, if I'm able to make one!

In the nicest possible way, if you have to ask a question as basic as this, you're not going to be able to do it.

But as you have at least managed to post in the right section, then just look at the stickies in the "How To" section (and the other sub sections), and also use the search function.

There are plenty of guides.

I really appreciate your opinion, in the nicest way possible.

Asking the basic question is always what you need to get started, I was kind of lost when I first got on here, I had lots of ideas but I didn't know where to start, I even posted this thread on the wrong place once, and some nice guy helped me out.

Thank you for the pinpoints mate, really appreciate it!

Out of curiosity, on what basis do you judge that your Sukhoi PAK FA information is 30% accurate? There's only 6 prototypes (1 damaged and being repaired) in the world, and the engines it will eventually get haven't even been built yet.

I've been looking around for some basic, specific and public information about the SU-50 PAK FA, and mostly ON-PAPER (Estimation) and I came across couple of web-pages talking about it and it's maneuverability, including it's AoA, GSh-301 30mm default cannon, NSTsI-V helmet-mounted sight and display and most important of all, the Supreme anti-G the 30 kg (66 lb) oxygen generating system will provide the pilot with unlimited oxygen supply.supplier that allows you to perform 9+ G's maintain consciousness for around 30 seconds.

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-2010-01.html

http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=782

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_PAK_FA

skip, down to the Tactical, Operational and Strategic Impact of the PAK-FA from the first link.

The abstract of your first document states:

"... from a technological strategy perspective, the PAK-FA renders all legacy US fighter aircraft, and the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter, strategically irrelevant and non-viable after the PAK-FA achieves IOC in 2015."

Another interesting quote:

"The best illustration of how much more effective Russian systems development philosophy is, is that the development of the PAK-FA, with a projected budget in the order of US$10 Billion, was launched officially in 2002, concurrently with the launch of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program, yet the latter has experienced repeated delays in schedule, repeated problems with basic technology, and remains heavily laden with accumulated design risks as well as inordinately high and growing costs."

Today, the PAK-FA has five functioning prototypes, and who knows if the new engine arrives this decade. Even with the overruns, there are ~175 F-35s built as of March 2016, operating with various levels of capability for a half dozen armed services. Costs per unit are also decreasing as planned, and crosses below $100M/each this year (supposedly).

While documents such as that one may make for an interesting read, I am not sure how much weight I would put on such an analysis.

Either way, best of luck to you.

Edited by gospadin

The abstract of your first document states:

"... from a technological strategy perspective, the PAK-FA renders all legacy US fighter aircraft, and the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter, strategically irrelevant and non-viable after the PAK-FA achieves IOC in 2015."

Another interesting quote:

"The best illustration of how much more effective Russian systems development philosophy is, is that the development of the PAK-FA, with a projected budget in the order of US$10 Billion, was launched officially in 2002, concurrently with the launch of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program, yet the latter has experienced repeated delays in schedule, repeated problems with basic technology, and remains heavily laden with accumulated design risks as well as inordinately high and growing costs."

Today, the PAK-FA has five functioning prototypes, and who knows if the new engine arrives this decade. Even with the overruns, there are ~175 F-35s built as of March 2016, operating with various levels of capability for a half dozen armed services. Costs per unit are also decreasing as planned, and crosses below $100M/each this year (supposedly).

While documents such as that one may make for an interesting read, I am not sure how much weight I would put on such an analysis.

Either way, best of luck to you.

I am completely aware of the fact that I am lacking accurate sources of information to design such module to perfection, based on a very accurate standards of the aircraft built itself, that's why I presumed that I have 30% knowledge of the aircraft's modulation (animatedly) and it could definitely be lower than that, thank you again good sire!

well, i must admit you are very brave to tackle those high-end planes, but for me, i still want those as AI models like Super Bugs family that Skatezilla is doing. Anw, godspeed my friend

BTW, that video is your?

Edited by FoxHoundELite

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well, i must admit you are very brave to tackle those high-end planes, but for me, im still want those as AI models like Super Bugs family that Skatezilla is doing. Anw, godspeed my friend

BTW, that video is your?

Yes sir this video is from the Lockheed Martin simulator, Prepar3d, I have recorded the sequence of the aircraft, I am looking to design a similar prototype with similar interactivity.

If I ever get to design a 3D module of the aircraft be sure I will make an AI template of it myself with a similar AoA warfare capability at least and then I will send you the mod myself if this modder hasn't released his stuff yet.

Thanks!