My BAUR BRD-F3 Rudder Pedals arrived today. Unboxing Pics!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are not familiar with my work. It is necessary to fix :)

I am a virtual pilot. I am also keen on flights of like you. I know what to virtual pilots. I made for a control device. I'm happy. Now I want you to be as happy as I am :)

Thanks Baur! I am indeed *very* happy with my purchase and your support! Love my BRDs! :pilotfly:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

... and will make a multi-axis throttle. :music_whistling: :D

+1

Maybe with a micro-thumb-stick as well, and some more rotaries, but the one shown below might be a nice starting point... :)

MAKS2013part7-04-L.jpg

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Congrats!! Those look Hardcore Quality,Say hello to the cat:thumbup: Great pics,Thanks for sharing

Thanks Phantom. Yes, these pedals are stunning in every aspect. Cat says "hi" ;)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Until now looks that even Baur is not able to explain this well - despite his brave efforts with some funny translation (download, tick): :)

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/24303-new-pedals-brd-f3/

For what I get:

The first "M" in pedal name mean a pedal kinematic based on Kamov helicopter pedals - the curved frame bars (like the OP one). But why "M" and no "K"?

This "M came from "Mix", as this pedal frame is based in BDR "MI-8" (Kamov) pedal with adjustable lateral (?) inclination of foot rest (similar the original in that Heli), but simplified for lower the manufacture cost, making a affordable uniaxial (rudder only) pedal as alternative for "Twist rudder" in joysticks - similar to VKB T-Rudder concept.

The "Mi-8 Kamov": http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/uploads/monthly_06_2016/post-15841-0-02887300-1466763266.jpg

The "F" mean a pedal kinematic base of "Friedrich" (Bf 109) pedal - the straight frame bars.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/uploads/monthly_06_2016/post-842-0-84637700-1466626894.jpg

A "M" based frame pedal can have two different foot rest, the second letter after the M in code:

The "F" means "Friedrich" or Bf 109 like foot rest.

The "S" means "Sukhoi" or Su-35 like foot rest.

So BRD-MS3 is pedal with Kamov stile frame with Sukhoi 35 like foot rest. The "3" is axis number, indicate that this pedal have "joe brakes".

The "F1" is the pedal with "Friedrich" frame with the natural BF 109 like foot rest. ;)

The "F2" is with Su-35 like foot rest.

The "F" frame use more metal so cost more - seems ~500$ or more.

As the "F" frame has space, their latest revision - not produced yet - will provide support for fit (purchased/installed by the user) motorcycle dampers,

for please that people in their "Quest for the Feel Simulator". ;)

The F1 and F2 will have easy to replace - 2 Philips screws - CAM profile with Free, Soft and Clear center position ("explained" - be me - in IL-2 forum).

post-842-0-72661600-1472636215.jpg

Notice that CAM profiles are coded with grooves in right side.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/uploads/monthly_08_2016/post-842-0-04998700-1472636880.jpg

http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/4543-anons-pedalnyj-restyling-ot-brd/page-3#entry444058

Optionally with small extra cost you can buy the two style foot rest for same frame and support to install the foot rest inclined laterally instead straight, as well a "X" support for the case don't plan install the pedal bolted in cockpit, but loose over the floor.

Hope this this give you a idea - but maybe I have "Mix" some "M" and "F". :D

Await Baur help. He need make a folder of this products. ;)

Topic (in Russian) in Avia-Forum explaining Baur CAM center "feel":

http://avia-sim.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=828

Notice that this Baur CAM system don't provide a exactly mechanical center - like (un-moded) CH or Saitek pedals - but a almost "clunk" less center.

Edited by Sokol1_br
Add info.

Thank you! That's right except for this -

The "F1" is the pedal with "Friedrich" frame with the natural BF 109 like foot rest. ;)

The "F2" is with Su-35 like foot rest.

Let's do so. Otherwise it is confusion:

1. The "F1-F" is the pedal with "Friedrich" frame with the natural BF 109.

2. The "F1-S" is with Su-35 like foot rest.

Base rudder F1 - the first picture

3. The "F2-F" is the pedal with "Friedrich" frame with the natural BF 109.

4. The "F2-S" is with Su-35 like foot rest.

Base rudder F2 - the second picture

The "F" frame use more metal so cost more - seems ~500$ or more.
My price is less 380-480 $ :) Depending on the configuration. Prices with delivery.

P1010296-1.thumb.jpg.57e41904509037c234fedb4279bcacf4.jpg

P1010290-1.thumb.JPG.5a43564d9df001e46b90a6bdfb5a0641.JPG

Edited by Baur

---------- Head Designer ----------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When my Saitek fails I am with you !

Now someone needs to make some Throttle that is superior to the TM gear as well ;)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

"190$ (rudder only) to 310$ (w/shipping for Europe)"

I am on the lookout for new pedals.. been looking at T-rudder pedals and some others. If i am interpreting these prices correctly i would really like a set for <=300$. Is it possible? i looked at the threads, couldn't find any prices and my russian language knowlege is a bit below the required level.

Thanks

I showed a lot of pedals and many modifications. Write what you need pedals? In which country to send? And I counted the price.

All the pedals have to to wait for turn for 1-2 months.

• Like 1

---------- Head Designer ----------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

..."1-2 months." Be sure™. :D :thumbup:

Farlander,

I think this model is what you are looking for:

BRD-MS3 ('Mix' base, Sukhoi 35 like foot rest, 3 axis: rudder, right/left brake).

In IL-2 forum Baur say 270$.

Similar model with "Friedrich" (Bf 109) style foot rest is 280$.

Prices include shipping for Europe (probable EURO zone) and are subject to change at any time due Russian economy uncertainties.

Payment through Western Union only.

I am not sure if the additional "X" support under pedal base - for non bolted floor use - is included or has additional cost, ask Baur if want one.

I think the way is PM or email Baur linking a picture of the model you have interest, informing your postal address for shipping calculations.

Specify too if you want more than one CAM profile (eg."free" for heli, "soft" for planes"), case he allow this option.

FYI - Due issues caused by Australian Post he can't send for Australia/NZ.

Hope this help.

@ Baur,

Since you will sold for more places that Europe (minus for ANZAC) will be good inform prices without this "Europe shipping cost included", this will give a people better idea about values.

Edited by Sokol1_br

• 1 month later...

Great addition!

It looks silky smooth with that adjustable damper.

Here's the YT video for easy access in that thread:

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Just wanted to throw in my two cents, as I just received my BRD-F2s last week. Really impressed with the build and design, and Baur has fantastic customer support. You can tell he really enjoys what he does, and wants his customers to be happy.

They shipped from Sochi to the US, with about 2 weeks being the time enroute I believe. The box was pretty beat up, but everything inside was very well protected with bubble wrap, and even a small board cut to fit in the bottom to support the box. Can't recommend his products enough at this point.

• Like 1

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1