Community A-4E

Afaik it doesn't work, they always wanted to get it working but it wasn't possible (yet) maybe some day in the future it will be, they included it as part of the mod as the plane had it as part of it's payloads, same as the Wallleye, the tv for it doesn't work either so can only be used as a dumb bomb,

I see, much thanks!

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

founded any problems after landing on carrier J.C.Stennis with A-4E AI.

Planes roll in parking in this position

Screen-181119-003853.png

and after stay in air like this:

Screen-181119-003928.png

Noted and will definitely be working on this!

• Like 1

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

+Frag - "That thing can fly, I was quite impressed by its rolling capability. Was it THAT maneuverable!? If yes it was quite an airplane!!!!"

Roll rate of A-4 is around 720 degrees/second, which is about twice what larger US fighters do today. Yes, it is pretty impressive. Try going down gorges south of the Hoover Dam, the thing can turn.

Great mod A-4 team. I have had no graphics glitches and it runs like a dream. Flying it the way kiwis were trained to do, 50 feet AGL (I kid you not).

+ Baco - "I am running out of runway at landing. what Am i doing wrong, I am touching around 130 Kots, applying wheel brakes, but it just doesn't stop..."

How far down the runway are you touching down ? this thing has quite a long roll out. If you touch down in first quarter of the runway you should be ok. Can deploy airbrake with B key once down, and spoilers will be activated automatically.

Landing worked ok for me. Yes, the brakes are weak so you need to land as close to the threshold as possible and not float above the runway for a long time.

WOW, cant believe this is free, and all you want is thanks, well you certainly have mine.

fantastic job, lands very easy first time with no checking tuts, I do feel the brake isn't very sharp when landing but that's the only thing, but if you do run out of runway it doesn't get stuck in the dirt, that's a first.

once again, fantastic job, thank you

it doesn't get stuck in the dirt, that's a first.

F/A-18C can land on dirt/field. All prop planes incl. Yak-52 can land and take off from field... even a lightly loaded and carefully handled Su-27 Flanker can land and take off from grass... at least it could a while ago. :smartass:

A sturdy NAVY plane like the A-4E, virtually is supposed to be able to do this. :thumbup:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

+ Baco - "I am running out of runway at landing. what Am i doing wrong, I am touching around 130 Kots, applying wheel brakes, but it just doesn't stop..."

How far down the runway are you touching down ? this thing has quite a long roll out. If you touch down in first quarter of the runway you should be ok. Can deploy airbrake with B key once down, and spoilers will be activated automatically.

Landing worked ok for me. Yes, the brakes are weak so you need to land as close to the threshold as possible and not float above the runway for a long time.

same here , maybe wheel brakes get some adjustment soon..

during taxiing its was no problem , but on landing I hardly could feel any wheel brake force ..i overshot the runway , but get easily get back on the tarmac.. :thumbup:

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

How did you deploy the Hook? I had gear down, flaps down, etc but the hook would not come down?

I have the hook mapped to a toggle switch on my throttle.

Edited by javelina1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

same here , maybe wheel brakes get some adjustment soon..

during taxiing its was no problem , but on landing I hardly could feel any wheel brake force ..i overshot the runway , but get easily get back on the tarmac.. :thumbup:

Yep this is what I reported in my first post shortly after Merker's official announcement of the release. Brake seems not strong enough ...

It's only a detail, I am pretty sure they will be able to fix this quite easily :)

But I am still wondering what is that sound looping from the Coldstart ... sound like an APU but since there are no power connected yet ...

Anyone has an idea?

Newbie here sorry where does one go to download this and how do I install it ...steam here

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

23 yrs USAF MSgt retired AMMO Munitions Tech

Red Flag 4 times

Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3.7, FE RTX 2070 Super, 32 gig ddr 4 @2933, 500gig m.2...850 evo 240 ssd, 1 tb 7200rpm storage drive, X56 HOTAS,

Track Ir 5-retired....HP Reverb v2...VR

F 16C blk 50

F/A-18C lot 20

Community A-4E

Mirage 2000

Newbie here sorry where does one go to download this and how do I install it ...steam here

Q: How do I install?

A: Download the A-4E-C Folder, unzip, and place the unzipped A-4E-C folder into the following directory…C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Mods\aircraft.

Please note that you CANNOT place this into the C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Programs filepath or it will not be usable in DCS due to file integrity checks.

If you're playing on the beta branch then you'll put it in the DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft file.

There may not be a Mods or aircraft folder, if that's the case, simply create one using the New Folder command and you'll be good.

I was having a little trouble getting this to work and I have just noticed that 7zip is creating two A-4E-C folders in the directory instead of one. I removed that second folder and it fired right up.

To everyone involved in making this project happen, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Aim-9 Question

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the awesome mod! It is very fun. I just have one question. From what I have read this A-4E variant should be able to carry 4 Aim-9s at once, but it can currently only load out with 2. Is this correct?

Also, one other FYI- for me it appears that the internal canons are firing 7.62mm ammo as opposed to 20mm. I fixed it on my end for myself, but this is something you might want to look into.

Thanks again.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the awesome mod! It is very fun. I just have one question. From what I have read this A-4E variant should be able to carry 4 Aim-9s at once, but it can currently only load out with 2. Is this correct?

Also, one other FYI- for me it appears that the internal canons are firing 7.62mm ammo as opposed to 20mm. I fixed it on my end for myself, but this is something you might want to look into.

Thanks again.

I had noticed this (guns) too, the log/score (‘ key) showed hits by 7.62mm after a test flight last night. I’ve submitted a bug via the bug submitter form for this so hopefully they’ll fix it.

Assuming you tweaked a lua file - care to share the file and fix? :)

Thanks..

We need this bird for a Vietnam scenary. Welcome back!

No. We need this one.

1024px-F8E_Launch-VF33-CVAN65-1964.thumb.jpg.5218144953c8656fb9794a0769ac449b.jpg

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I could not get hide control stick to work in the Skyhawk. I don't have track-IR, so I cannot see around the stick. is it not working, will it ever be able to use 'hide control stick' in this aircraft ? Thanx

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I could not get hide control stick to work in the Skyhawk. I don't have track-IR, so I cannot see around the stick. is it not working, will it ever be able to use 'hide control stick' in this aircraft ? Thanx

Works for me Ram - I had to use a key mapping (h in my case) as the mappings for other devices were disabled.

The loading instructions say to download the zip file and unzip it. Then, they say put the unzipped file in Mods/Aircraft. I don't understand that. Does Mods/Aircraft get the zipped or the unzipped file?

Once I have the right file downloaded in the right place, how do I choose it to be flown, and do I need the Persian Gulf scenery?

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.