Community A-4E

Well thats a broad question Slag.

1. the Folder A4E-C hast to be placed at:

C:\Users\(Your user name on your PC) example> PC1\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\A-4E-C

2. once you have the Mod installed properly you need to crate a mission with it. there are currently no mission on the PG. You need to create a mission with the mission editor. or join a server that has the A-4.

Well thats a broad question Slag.

1. the Folder A4E-C hast to be placed at:

C:\Users\(Your user name on your PC) example> PC1\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\A-4E-C

2. once you have the Mod installed properly you need to crate a mission with it. there are currently no mission on the PG. You need to create a mission with the mission editor. or join a server that has the A-4.

I have the right folders. What about the zipped/unzipped question?

What about the scenery? I suppose that will also be determined by the server.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I have the right folders. What about the zipped/unzipped question?

What about the scenery? I suppose that will also be determined by the server.

The unzipped file of course. Why else would you unzip it if you weren’t gonna use it. The zipped file is simply a way of compressing it to take less space for downloading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The unzipped file of course. Why else would you unzip it if you weren’t gonna use it. The zipped file is simply a way of compressing it to take less space for downloading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the answer was so obvious as to be “of course”, I wouldn’t have needed to ask. The instructions seemed to contradict themselves, to one not so expert in using computers. I appreciate your help.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I can’t begin to state how great a job y’all did with this mod! Really fun to fly, and that roll rate is insane!:joystick: I do have some things though. Like with alot of people the cockpit glass reflections are bugged for me, and that weird apu sound when there’s no power. Besides that, it’s pretty good for version 1.01. Also one question, will we get a chart of some values for mils of depression (for the gunsight) for the bombs, rockets, and dispensers?

Hey Merker,

I strongly suggest that you ask the moderator to close that thread and start a new one with the release.

Forum members will probably not go thru 130 pages to find your download link. You could start a new thread, reserve the 2-3 first post ... then have your mod announcement as the first post, which will be easier for everyone to find.

This Thread is Now Closed, Please use the Release Thread for A-4E-C Release Questions.

//Closed

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 years later...

This A-4 Skyhawk thing has been badgering me...... it's on my "surprise myself" list; for such a relatively small vehicle, the cockpit is incredibly, densely complex.

I grew up directly across Severn River from US Naval Academy; my father had the great fortune of being stationed at the Academy his entire 20 years in the Navy. I spent grades 1-3 at the Naval Academy Primary School, 1963-1966. My bus stop was in front of the USNA Chapel, where on display were an F-4 Phantom and an A-4 Skyhawk. We'd climb into the engine cavities, wishing we could find a way into the cockpits 🙂

I'm not sure if those relics are still on display at the Academy, but for many years there's been an F-18 in Blue Angels livery at the US Navy-Marine Corps Stadium in Annapolis. The sheer size of any of the fighter/attack class planes is awesome...... I wonder if the propulsion system or weapons accommodation is the primary reason...... either way it's a long way down from cockpit.

In those years, both the Phantom and Skyhawk were the beasts of choice of the Blue Angels. The Phantoms' dual-engine thunder was absolutely awesome, especially in their full-blast climbs in formation....... but the agility of the Skyhawk was equally thrilling to watch. I was lucky to have seen 20+ years of Blue Angels evolution; the existence of this Skyhawk model is a piece of dream come true 🙂 Therefore, BIG thanks!!!!

I am curious as to the highest common denominator 3D software used in generation of such materiel as statics, and/or details on aircraft, etc.? I'm going to presume Blender.....(?)

1 hour ago, salsantana said:

This A-4 Skyhawk thing has been badgering me......

Hi, this thread used to be closed, as it relates to the pre-release version .. the current A-4 thread is this:

Contact @BIGNEWY to see if he can move just this post onto the newer thread, and then lock this one.

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It is not possible to configure the navigation computer D1 and D2 while on the deck of the aircraft carrier.  D1 is configured in STBY mode, and on D2, the starting (Home Base) point of the route. Is this how it should be? Version 5.1. Flew online on the Vietnam Var server and offline. 

Edited by ASW

GreyCat_SPb

9 hours ago, ASW said:

It is not possible to configure the navigation computer D1 and D2 while on the deck of the aircraft carrier.  D1 is configured in STBY mode, and on D2, the starting (Home Base) point of the route. Is this how it should be? Version 5.1. Flew online on the Vietnam Var server and offline. 

This thread is closed please checkout this thread instead.

Or join the discord to get a more immediate response.

• 3 months later...