Community A-4E

Good luck with that. To this day with ATPLs from 2 seperate juristictions, the IREX exam and flight was the hardest thing Ive had to do relative to the experience I had.

Great to know, thanks, it does feel like I'm learning to fly from scratch sometimes.

This morning had an actual attitude indicator failure while rotating for takeoff, to which my instructor replied, "might as well fail both vacuum gyros" as he covered the direction indicator too. Since my CFI's PTT was inop, I was 100% of the radios for the first time as well.

Exhausting!

--gos

Great to know, thanks, it does feel like I'm learning to fly from scratch sometimes.

This morning had an actual attitude indicator failure while rotating for takeoff, to which my instructor replied, "might as well fail both vacuum gyros" as he covered the direction indicator too. Since my CFI's PTT was inop, I was 100% of the radios for the first time as well.

Exhausting!

--gos

Wow.

That is harsh.

I recall at the end of my training I had a Nav session where i only flew with the VSI and ASI in actual IMC. That was....scary.

IFR radio is definitely a huge pressure. I think by the end of the course you will be doing the radio work with OEI during an ILS? Unless you're doing your IFR in a single only?

Prediction to end this project

Hi all.....congratulations for the Project....i would like to know if the end of the project is projected for this year.......thanks and good luck.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

Wow.

That is harsh.

I recall at the end of my training I had a Nav session where i only flew with the VSI and ASI in actual IMC. That was....scary.

IFR radio is definitely a huge pressure. I think by the end of the course you will be doing the radio work with OEI during an ILS? Unless you're doing your IFR in a single only?

Just SEL for now, and it's a part 61 school so the curriculum is free-form.

Edited by gospadin

Wow.

That is harsh.

I used to "simulate" failures of instruments on my students in difficult situations all the time. I never did it in actual because there's no reason for the increased risk to our lives (or my license!). Teaching single-engine and multi-engine instrument students was the most fulfilling part of my instruction career. I definitely miss it!

On the other hand, here's me in my current ride and a shot someone got of us landing in London... (sorry for the OT)

k7UKb1B.jpg

8wuH9Fl.jpg

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

Hey.....relax....be cool....i just want to have a time frame perspective.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

Hey.....relax....be cool....i just want to have a time frame perspective.

The problem with a prediction is our current pace is very irregular due to everyone being a volunteer with their own lives, jobs, and time commitments. Certain things can only make forward progress when 3 or 4 of us are simultaneously spending time tweaking items, and since we're all in different timezones, that can be a particular challenge.

We're working now to enumerate a punchlist of remaining work, and maybe I can publish it in the April or May updates.

--gos

Pretty sweet job there!! I understand why you have been away lol.....I ran lifeboats in the USCG until I retired in Aug, and if someone handed me a simulator starring a 52 motor lifeboat', and at the same time there was surf and the station was going to go do surf drills, I know which one I would pick!!!

Pretty sweet job there!! I understand why you have been away lol.....I ran lifeboats in the USCG until I retired in Aug, and if someone handed me a simulator starring a 52 motor lifeboat', and at the same time there was surf and the station was going to go do surf drills, I know which one I would pick!!!

For clarity, Sport isn't on the A-4 team. His job looks way cooler than mine, since I have to pay to fly.

Have you guys tough about adding an Online Server for this Module? Don't know if this been asked before,would be nice if we all could meet and fly this aircraft together.

I have similar plans,i tough about making a server for mods and normal planes,that way we can all fly in that same server,but yes we all have to have the mods installed we all know that.

Have you guys tough about adding an Online Server for this Module? Don't know if this been asked before,would be nice if we all could meet and fly this aircraft together.

I have similar plans,i tough about making a server for mods and normal planes,that way we can all fly in that same server,but yes we all have to have the mods installed we all know that.

I have a 2nd ED account that I used to buy an extra copy of NTTR for my laptop, so that one could probably be used to host. I certainly have enough PCs, and my internet connection would be sufficient.

Just would have to find a place to put it (physically) and leave it running where my dogs won't knock out the power cord. =P

Just hearing from someone working on the project is reassuring...:unsure:

Even if we don't post in our own thread very often (our progress is slow, so we like to group stuff into monthly updates), we're reading these forums. If you have questions, please feel free to ask away and the team will see it.

:pilotfly:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hoping to see it soon, looks awesome. One question, its intended to have AGM-45 Shrike capability, and second, will the Mk-77 stay coded as an standard Iron Bomb or will it get some custom features?

We haven't figured out how to lock the shrike yet for players, but it's fully functional for AI. IRL, the shrike was just shot towards a radiation source and it did its own guidance, there was no explicit target designation.

The Mk-77 has to map within existing bomb capabilities, but there may still be room to improve it. Currently it's just an iron bomb in the code.

--gos