Community A-4E

Absolutely awesome!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

As usual, excellent work, the cockpit is looking much more filled in than previous updates and it definitely is looking wonderful.

I won't bother asking for a release ETA, but as usual, I've got a couple of questions.

Will you be implementing any form of RWR?

With the current limitations on guided weapons, will the display in the cockpit serve any function?

Finally, I though I had asked this before but I couldn't find it; Will Sidewinders be implemented on this module?

Edited by Tirak

Will you be implementing any form of RWR?

With the current limitations on guided weapons, will the display in the cockpit serve any function?

Finally, I though I had asked this before but I couldn't find it; Will Sidewinders be implemented on this module?

We have the Sidewinder 1A/GAR-8 which is the same as the AIM-9B. I can't recall if we're using our own model or not. I don't believe the lock tone works, but last I checked it would track, just with a very narrow field of view. It's unlikely we'll get the lock tone to work. Hopefully this won't be too much of a realism bust, as I don't believe the A-4E carried the sidewinder in anger, at least not in Vietnam. We recognize though that people want it for dogfighting too.

As to the cockpit display, the display right of center on the A-4E is purely for air-to-ground terrain (non-targeting) radar. We're still investigating what we can implement in that area. We are not implementing the IP-906A Television scope for Walleye guidance, which would definitely require the SDK.

I don't know yet if we can implement RWR. We do have chaff and flares working.

Edited by gospadin

That is unbelievably impressive! Well done all. :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

this is so cool.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Nice start. The first impression is good. textures in cockpit can be a lot better. :)

Haha...sorry... Good job and all the best for improvements on it.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

If this is going to be a free release.Will you guys contact ED to have it put into the free DCS World 1.5 download along with the Su-25T and TF-51 Mustang.Or is it going to be downloaded on your website only.:huh:Because even though i said awhile back that i wasn't going to buy your non PFM/ASM modeled Skyhawk.I wouldn't mind getting it for free from the DCS World 1.5/2.5 download.So that way i can fly with it awhile until some other 3rd party eventually makes a fully modeled Skyhawk someday.

If this is going to be a free release.Will you guys contact ED to have it put into the free DCS World 1.5 download along with the Su-25T and TF-51 Mustang.Or is it going to be downloaded on your website only.:huh:Because even though i said awhile back that i wasn't going to buy your non PFM/ASM modeled Skyhawk.I wouldn't mind getting it for free from the DCS World 1.5/2.5 download.So that way i can fly with it awhile until some other 3rd party eventually makes a fully modeled Skyhawk someday.

It's going to be free anyway...

But the mod will be free when released and anyone is free to add it to their mission file to fly it...

It will be very very unlikely for a third party developer to work on the A-4. VEAO did and stopped due to licensing issues. From what i've heard they asked for a lot of money.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

But the mod will be free when released and anyone is free to add it to their mission file to fly it...

It will be very very unlikely for a third party developer to work on the A-4. VEAO did and stopped due to licensing issues. From what i've heard they asked for a lot of money.

Well,if you go to the Razbam forums.They had the A-4 as a planned model in the future since they already made one for FSX along with the A-6 & A-7 that were getting also for DCS.So I have no doubt they'll make it,but not for at least a couple more years since there already busy developing the Harrier and the Mirage III.
  • Like 1

Well,if you go to the Razbam forums.They had the A-4 as a planned model in the future since they already made one for FSX along with the A-6 & A-7 that were getting also for DCS.So I have no doubt they'll make it,but not for at least a couple more years since there already busy developing the Harrier and the Mirage III.

DCS != FSX.

TL;DR version is different depth of simulation requires different licences. A third party dev has already looked into it for DCS and it was prohibitively expensive for them at the time. Might be different for another dev, might be different due to it being well over 12+ months ago. Or it might not.

For now though, we're getting a free version from this team of lovely bods.

Edited by Buzzles

You obviously have no clue or common sense on how development works?

Just because THEY planned to do an aircraft in FSX doesn't automatically mean that it will be done for DCS. They probably don't even have a model.

Also Razbam is no longer developing FSX planes now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

• ED Team
You obviously have no clue or common sense on how development works?

Just because THEY planned to do an aircraft in FSX doesn't automatically mean that it will be done for DCS. They probably don't even have a model.

Also Razbam is no longer developing FSX planes now.

Please keep the discussion civil and respectful, you can get your point across with out insulting people. Dont ruin this thread, its for the Community A-4E, nothing else needs to be discussed.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

The 'Nam missions will kick it up a notch. To the dev crew, you guys rock!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control