Community A-4E

This looks amazing! I hope ED take note and once released they give you access to the SDK so you upgrade to an EFM and turn this into an official 'free' module integrated into the vanilla game.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

really nice Gos and rest of the team, can't wait much longer, think I'll crack :D

note to self, invest in saliva proofing for keyboard, looking more amazing each month.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Are you and your team aiming for a 2017 release? Or do you realistically know that the remaining work to be completed will carry it over into 2018?

We have a significant punchlist of remaining work. It's a mix of everything... 3D, 2D, systems programming, weapons, etc.

As to a release timeframe, I will only say we're working our punchlist as fast as we are capable of volunteering our time.

--gos

With the harrier getting the HARM (presumably), will that give you enough to be able to modify it into the Shrike for the A-4?

Not without SDK access, so no. (Shrike is already in-game for AI aircraft, there's nothing for us to do except provide targeting information)

• 3 weeks later...
In reality, the mod has been done for 6 months, but we just don't want the hassle of dealing with the expectations. :pilotfly:

/s

So where is it ? :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus X370, Win10 Pro, Intel I-9 9900K 4.8 128 gb TridentZ,

2X Nvidia TITAN V (volta) , 65" Samsung 7100 series 4K , 2 x 1 TB Evo 860SSD, 4 X 4TB HD, 8 X 2TB HD external array

Tmaster Wathog, Elgato Streamdeck, 3DX Spacepilot pro,, Thermaltake 900 tower Corsair H150 WC,

HTC Vive, Pimax 8KX VR, Nostromo Speedpad N52, Tmaster MFD x2

Community A-4E: October 2017 Update

Community A-4E: October 2017 Update

Trick or Treat!

Slow month from the team, so first the trick... While the PBR conversion continues in the background and our cockpit slowly improves, the major 3D improvements we are working on spent a month on hold while our lead 3D artist was traveling in the middle of the South Pacific Ocean....

HRPIdQ1.png

We do have a tiny treat though, think of it as a single M&M or something... In the last month, we did get a bit of time to play with some visual effects with the radar. While the AN/APG-53A circuitry requires several minutes to warm up properly, it's possible to enable the display before all the circuitry is operating properly. Since users will inevitably turn on the radar circuitry at first opportunity or forget to warm it up properly, we wanted to model what one "might" see on the display as it warms up.

This video demonstrates one of the effects we've been trying out... it starts off displaying static, then about 45 seconds in, the return begins to come into focus. Eventually, there's a slight analog "wobble" on the input data, which looks nice, though is probably over modeled. Anyway, here's the video:

qRVjzqoifTo

The rest of the code changes this past month have been internal plumbing and debug improvements for some future changes, but nothing really visible to the pilot. Oh, and I got my instrument rating.

Thanks again for everyone's support!

--gos

Edited by gospadin