Community A-4E

Permissions from Douglass Aviation (now McDonnell Douglas) are required to have the Aircraft Represented in a commercial product.

Yeah this been known already,good thing A-4 is free and not Commercial at least not yet that I am aware off.

As in commercial release then yes your correct lot of legal things to take care off.

So to clear a few things up for everyone

Will you release an AI aircraft before full release?

The external model for the A-4 still has some work to do, and the way I see it, as much work needed to bring it to completion as the cockpit. We plan to release everything together once we feel it is in a satisfactory state.

Didn't ED say that they were unable to help (former HoggitDev) the Community A-4E because "they did not have time?"

As far as I'm aware, we have never been mentioned by name and we have never asked ED for modding support. Gos may have done so on the coding side of things, but this was never brought up to the group if it was. I remember reading this quote elsewhere, but not at all in the context of our project and rather as part of a discussion about dedicated modding tools (which I fully understand and agree with their reasoning btw).

And regarding the legal aspect:

We have had some intense personal discussions about this subject in the past, and while inconclusive, I will say that I would never attempt to develop a paid module without some sort of agreement with the IP owner (Boeing in this case). Mods are a bit of a grey area because you aren't asking for money but still potentially using their IP. I've never seen a flight sim mod taken down over IP though, and again, not having monetary gain involved is a reason. Gos actually sought out legal counsel early on to ensure we were doing everything right, since he was very methodical about these things. That's all I have to say on the subject.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

It doesn't matter if they release the AI version before or after release. However I'm simply curious to know if the AI and model can be in the game regardless of whether or not the person has the module?

That way the integrity isn't compromised and to have the module you simply download it, and you get the cockpit, systems, theme etc that is there for any of the other modules in the game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

No, you can't have the AI without the module.

Well we had the F-5E-3 AI before the module came out, this was back when 1.5 was brand new

Also note that the integrity check wouldn't fail even if you had the module.

How so? Just curious

Edited by carss

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

On the subject of integrity check, we've been sweeping through our files to ensure nothing fails integrity check. We want to make sure that having the module won't give you any problems with joining MP. As of right now, I believe there may be a few things to clean up, but this will absolutely be resolved by release.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

An AI can be added long before the module is finished,

But it requires an Agreement with ED,

And the External Model be finished, which it is not.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

How do you add AI exactly?

There's a lot of requirements, but for a Start:

1. Ownership of All Assets/IP Used in the Creation of the Aircraft.

2. Have an Agreement w/ Eagle Dynamics

3. External Model Complete:

- Animations

- Damage Model

- Textures and Effects

4. SFM Complete for AI Use

5. Weapons Coding/Scripting for AI Use Complete

Those are the Basic Requirements, Once an Agreement w/ E.D. is finished, more detailed requirements will be disclosed to the developer.

An Agreement w/ E.D. has it's own requirements, to Name a few:

- Proof of Concept (for Project trying to get an agreement for).

- Portfolio of Work

- Résumé for all Team Members

- Knowledge of Software Suites used to develop for DCS

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

The absence of an ED A-4 AI model. There isn't one in the core game.

What is the difference between their AI and the currently implemented AI? Model textures and liveries? I’m not seeing why it’s such a desire to have? Maybe for movies and such but not for gameplay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Really? I thought I had used it before for target practice. I could be wrong as I haven’t played for awhile

I don't recall there being any A-4 model in the game

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I thought so, but apparently I was wrong

No there hasn't been one from what i recall since i started playing when it was 1.2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

There was never an A-4 Included in DCS, From Flanker 1.0 -> DCS 2.5

This project is still alive, began since 2016.

Hopefully an ETA for update this month will come soon, loving the current progress right now. :)

Pleasse allow dev teams to answer questions about their own status.

This project is still alive, began since 2016.

Hopefully an ETA for update this month will come soon, loving the current progress right now. :)

Others "projects" was never reach to a "release" status. Examples can see on the ED forums with planned Mods, modules and 3rd parties on the "graveyard" from 2012. Take Care and waiting for news.