Community A-4E

Really nice! Cockpit is looking great.

P.S.: How did you place the planes and stuff on the Tarawa?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Really nice! Cockpit is looking great.

P.S.: How did you place the planes and stuff on the Tarawa?

I’m using the now defunct USS Ronald Reagan by CrazieEddie (I think). I still have it In my install and figured the planes gave it a little more realism. Definitely looking forward to the Stennis!

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

I’m using the now defunct USS Ronald Reagan by CrazieEddie (I think). I still have it In my install and figured the planes gave it a little more realism. Definitely looking forward to the Stennis!
Ah,OK. So a mod. I am eager to see if the new features Wags talked about in the recent Persian Gulf/F-18C streams, transfer to the Tarawa and/or other ships/airstrips.

Looks so much more alive.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Beautiful little Scooter !! Thx for the Update .. really excited for that nimble bird coming to life in DCS !

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Thanks to the A4 community mod's latest pictures

I got to say it after the latest pictures from the community team for the A-4 Skyhawk, which as we all know looks immense, i saw something hiding in the background, a Prowler and now all i can think of is Intruder's and Prowler's....

Am i the only here who would really love a flyable Prowler or Intruder?

That's the idea, if its added as part if the Sim's AI database it means that one can create MP missions without making mandatory to have the mod/module, like when you enter in a server and it have modules you don't have, you can enter all the same, just don't have access to those player slots

Community A-4E Update: May 2018

April showers have brought May flowers, but also another update from our team! This month we met our internal milestones and I’m very excited to see this cockpit starting to look like the real deal.

Fire-retardant lining:

I’ve struggled to figure out whether this material is fire resistant or fire retardant (maybe both?), but what I commonly refer to as the cloth lining finally has a new, updated model. This model is both reflective of the finalization of certain objects within the cockpit model, as well as using much better modelling and unwrap techniques due to my increased skill in 3ds and blender over the past year and a half. Plusnine is doing a great job of selling this as fabric; something which I gained an even greater appreciation for after ambitiously attempting to texture myself and failing horribly. I can’t understate how much of an impact good texture work has on models. Unfortunately it’s very much an active work in progress so I can’t share any images, but I promise its really exceeding even my own expectations!

Canopy Frame:

The canopy model is something that has bugged me since we made the switch to a new cockpit model. Originally a very blocky and detail-less model, I’ve since revamped it to include key features seen in our reference examples. As you can see in the pictures below, it really does make a big difference in the quality of the cockpit model. Please note that the texture painting for the solid black and green-outlined models is still in progress and the canopy frame and screws are using solid colors.

hgN4A40.png

Behind the Scences:

Unwraps for all interior objects are now complete, including the new fire-resistant lining and canopy models. Next month’s goals will be to continue texture work for the interior and adjustments to interior and exterior lighting. The cockpit is currently our central concern, given how much players will be staring at it. Fortunately, it would appear that any further cockpit changes will be minimal. After that we’ll be moving to the remaining work on the exterior and bug squashing.

Of course, this wouldn’t be a monthly update if I didn’t have more screenshots to share. Here’s a few based on your requests!

acWNVJM.png

Fbf4QzQ.png

kAPvWwW.png

X0fvIVF.png

WdwZEYd.png

DfyLdGt.png

And with that, another monthly update concludes. Progress is continuing in a comfortable fashion towards release and hopefully we’ll have a firm date for you all soon. At this time, we want to hold off on giving out a date until we can be absolutely sure the aircraft will be in a releasable state worthy of the amount of our skills. Thanks again for all your interest, it gives us a lot of motivation to keep at it!

This is so amazing.

Be proud guys- you're going strong. :thumbup:

Amazing Texture Work Merker, Congrats to you and your team, you all have done an amazing work.

Thank you! However, all texture work appreciation should go to Plusnine (I believe that his username on here too), who does nearly all of our 2D art. I'm just the guy making models and unwrapping things :lol:

And thank you to everyone for your kind words of praise! I look forward to sharing more screenshots and videos with you all between our monthly updates during our alpha testing phase.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

Question: Was the whole cockpit model made by you guys or a modified one that could have been bought? Either way, this is great work. Thank you for all of what you've done.

The cockpit was not originally modeled by us, it was purchased with a license which allows us to distribute it as an unpaid mod. We've since made a large number of modifications to it, including the latest one. We also reused original models I made for the first iteration of the cockpit.

Edited by Merker

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

So what are the odds we see this as a full module? I'd pay for integration into the sim and the advances the sdk give.

We have no plans to develop this as a full module. Lots of challenges involved and if I was going to spend another several years working on a plane, I'd rather do an entirely different one. You can only work on the same plane for so long without being burnt out. Personally, I already have an established professional career and could not do this as anything other than a hobby.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

I spy, with my little eye, an EA-6B...even if it's just a static object, I'd line the entire ramp with those l'il darlin's! (Close kin to the EF-111A :thumbup: )

So i'm not the only one haha, i didn't want to take over the thread so created one titled "thanks to the a4 group" or close too, I'm with you, i'd love a Prowler or an Intruder

I know that the question isn’t directly saying this, but just in case somone misreads, we are not working on a Prowler or any other aircraft. The model you see is part of the carrier mod I’m using. The mod crashes DCS when you’re in a player aircraft, which I believe is why its no longer availible.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

I spy, with my little eye, an EA-6B...even if it's just a static object, I'd line the entire ramp with those l'il darlin's! (Close kin to the EF-111A :thumbup: )

The prowler is attached to the carrier mod, I have no idea how to place things on the carrier deck. We’re definitely not working on any other aircraft at this time, I’ve got enough on my

plate as it is. :)

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine