Community A-4E

I recall a discussion in this thread quite some time ago by Gospadin saying that they have developed a way to simulate a cat launch. So, to answer your question, I believe that we will be able to launch from the Stennis as well as the Forrestal class carriers coming from Heatblur.

Indeed, this is what our current workaround is for the lack of F/A-18 fidelity catapult launches. As pointed out by Skate, it would require an EFM to utilize the catapult. It is more or less a flight model ability which allows you to do a rolling takeoff from the launch area. Going from SFM to EFM would require a great deal of knowledge and time which we are unable to utilize, and thus our current solution will remain in place. As much as I'd love to full fidelity launches, it's not really within the scope of the project code-wise.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

Indeed, this is what our current workaround is for the lack of F/A-18 fidelity catapult launches. As pointed out by Skate, it would require an EFM to utilize the catapult. It is more or less a flight model ability which allows you to do a rolling takeoff from the launch area. Going from SFM to EFM would require a great deal of knowledge and time which we are unable to utilize, and thus our current solution will remain in place. As much as I'd love to full fidelity launches, it's not really within the scope of the project code-wise.

as long as it looks like "the real deal", i am sure nobody minds that its a little hack under the hood :)

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Totally awesome!

This looks beyond amazing. A-4 with a hump is my most favourite plane of all times. This work is awesome. Glad I found this thread.

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

Could the "Community A-4E"-team tell us which important milestones are still to be processed, before the mod is going to be released?

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Could the "Community A-4E"-team tell us which important milestones are still to be processed, before the mod is going to be released?

I'll be sure to include one in the upcoming update on Wednesday (August 1)

:)

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

Update coming late in the PM EST today. I’ve got to put some things together for it and haven’t had time over the past week due to a big move and vacation to Oshkosh Airshow.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

August Update - Release Announcement

Hello everyone, today it is my pleasure to make a very special announcement. Before I begin, I’d like to say a few words about this project.

Two and a half years ago, I was browsing reddit and came across a concept image for a community made aircraft. I dm’d the author, one thing led to another, and before I knew it we had a discord filled with eager individuals ready for a challenge. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought we’d reach this moment in time. I would like to thank all of you in this community for your incredible support; it’s really kept us going through the challenging obstacles we’ve gone through to get here. Additionally, I’d like to thank our team members, past and present, for carrying this project through. The countless weekends spent fixing what seem to be the simplest things really do add up. But in the end, we hope it’s for something we can all enjoy.

With that, it is my immense pleasure to announce that the Community A-4 will available for download this October. A more precise release date and download location will come soon, however I am now 100% confident that we can reach at least the end of October, if not earlier in that month. Please expect there to be at least a few bugs upon release, but that we will continue to support this aircraft past that date.

a9XamSc.jpg

In the coming months, I’ll be compiling videos on the implementation of weapons systems, flight systems and more. Here are some of the biggest features you can expect from our aircraft.

Community A-4 Features

- Functional Air to Ground Radar

- Shrike Anti-Radiation Missile

- Carrier landing and faux Carrier Takeoff

- Simple Autopilot

Features NOT Included in the Community A-4

- Operational Radio

- Air to Air Refueling (Dependent on Radio)

- Buddy Air to Air Refueling

- Non-boresight AIM-9 Launch

- F/A-18 Fidelity Carrier Takeoff

- Nuclear Weapons Deployment

Because this month we have been on vacations and dealt with other non-DCS distractions, we don't have anything substantive to showcase this month. However, we are on course for a successful release in October, with the final pieces of the puzzle coming together in the remaining months. As requested, I've compiled a small list of what remains to be completed.

Unwraps:

- Pilot

- Pylon Hooks

Modelling:

- Small gaps in the cockpit frame

- Pylon on/off for aerobatic liveries (if possible)

- Cockpit panel backlighting

Additionally, I hope to create videos on the following subjects before release:

- Startup

- A/G Radar Operation

- A/A Weapons

- A/G Weapons

I look forward to sharing these videos with you in the coming months, as well as the light at the end of the tunnel which can now be seen. This day has been a long time coming, and I truly how that this mod will be something you can all enjoy. As always, thank you for your support through the past two years!

I would also like to add just how much I enjoy working with our team. We've been through good times and bad, and it has been my humble pleasure to work with them on this project. Its been a journey that I can't quite describe, and far more than anything I ever expected. Thank you so much team!!

Edited by Merker
Added something special which was left out :)

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

This is simply AMAZING guys,

So iconic. The Scooter ¡¡¡ Perfect "friend" for Viper and the Tomcat coming.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

You guys simply rock!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Wonderful to hear you guys finally have a release date in sight, watching this model progress has been a real treat and I'm sure you all must be very proud.

Will there be any possibility of an RWR, even if just a SAM light? or is that outside the scope of the tools you have to work with?

Awesome! Very nice work!

Just a quick question....does 'NO operational Radio', mean at release or No Radio - ever? As for me I'd trade Aim9s for a radio....

At any rate This is one I'm really looking forward to. Didn't even know this thread existed until today. What a cool surprise!

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Looking forward to flying it. Thanks for your efforts.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet