Community A-4E

Looking forward to flying it. Thanks for your efforts.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Glad to see this project coming along so well. It has come very far since I saw the project up close ;)

Thanks for your hard work guys! Gambate!

=MoAu= Mors Audente - The Bold Death Squadron

'Hey Jeff, the plane feels a little off today...'

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'The crew probably messed with it again, just trim it and we will check when we get back'

Awesome! Very nice work!

Just a quick question....does 'NO operational Radio', mean at release or No Radio - ever? As for me I'd trade Aim9s for a radio....

At any rate This is one I'm really looking forward to. Didn't even know this thread existed until today. What a cool surprise!

Radio/Comms require you needing SDK. In this, it would need ASM.

Edited by Sirius
clarification.

Radio/Comms require you needing SDK. In this, it would need ASM.

That’s the part I don’t get :huh:

No radio = no AA refuelling.

But FC3 level simplified radio would allow to refuel ?

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

A-4E Community mod has an ESM, which allows you to make your own systems. Simply "copying" FC3 level systems is simply not possible, not without using all of the FC3 systems. You would be flying an F-15C disguised as an A-4E if that were the case.

SDK would allow you access to create ASM, which is the same as ESM with the exception of more advanced instrumentation, and radio communication.

SDK is only accessible to 3rd party developers, which the A-4E community team is not.

Edited by Sirius
+SDK

I wonder if this will ever become a full module..

Many wish it would, however, the dev team (I refuse to call them simply a mod team) would have to form a business and enter into a business relationship with ED. Now enters all the complexity and legal mumbo-jumbo of running a business.

The player side of me wished ED would just give these guys 3rd party status and let them make this a free addition to DCS world. The pragmatic side of me understands that if ED lets them add a full fidelity module for free to DCS, it will undercut their profits.

Edited by Tread_Head57

Besides profits being lost from a free module addition, the A-4E would have to undergo real testing, have real A-4E pilots confirm the systems, be re-coded into C++ for DLLs (iirc only mods do Lua, and the only time Lua is used is for testing purposes) and many other things. It definitely is a dream, but I don't see it capable of being done at this time until the community team work on it way further and do more work to it.

The pragmatic side of me understands that if ED lets them add a full fidelity module for free to DCS, it will undercut their profits.

Unless it were permitted to be a Su-25 analogue in the free release, thereby extending a limited performance carrier aircraft at no charge for interested players.

And I'll be perfectly honest- for Western players, especially those interested in Vietnam to late 70's era aircraft such as those that will be forthcoming in the not so immediate future (MiG-19, F-4E, etc.), that's a big, BIG draw for those on the fence to see the legitimacy of what is on offer. Personally, I know a number of people whom I shared this announcement with this afternoon who will be installing DCS for the first time specifically to roll in the Skyhawk.

I'd be hard pressed, were I ED, if this release hits on all the points for what an ESM-based mod can do, thereby proving this team has what it takes going forward, making a one-time offer for a not insignificant financial investment to pique their interest, and give them the tools required to get it over the ASM hump with the SDK.

This is looking so damn good, can't wait to try that bird out. I do hope that one of our talented skin designers does a Jester style Top Gun skin - it would make a great contrahent for the upcoming Tomcat :)

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Awesome work and kudos to all involved with getting the skyhawk "off the deck" lol... she looks a beauty!

I wonder if someone may be able to produce a Royal Australian Navy 805 squadron skin? Admittedly it is an A-4G variant, which was tweaked from the US Navy specific A-4F. Nevertheless, they look essentially the same.

Cheers!

a6cf0457fed63278a802a3737636ced5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Awesome work and kudos to all involved with getting the skyhawk "off the deck" lol... she looks a beauty!

I wonder if someone may be able to produce a Royal Australian Navy 805 squadron skin? Admittedly it is an A-4G variant, which was tweaked from the US Navy specific A-4F. Nevertheless, they look essentially the same.

Cheers!

a6cf0457fed63278a802a3737636ced5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As soon as I can get my hands on it :)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301331/

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

Great news! Congratulations to the dev-team! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

whoa i am super excited

btw, is harder to make radio than shirke or radar? is it related to sdk?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Great news guys, it's been a long bumpy road to here, can't wait to give her a spin,

it's a bit bitter sweet and a shame Eric won't see the end result, but I'd bet where ever he is he's watching with a big smile on his face.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5