Community A-4E

To Install a Mod it's:

-Extract to /Saved Games/DCS/Mods/Aircraft/

I dont know how one would be uncomfortable with that.

Sounds:thumbup: good

meanwhile its November and Im pretty excited for this awesome Mod ... :joystick:

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

November 2018 Update – Are we there yet?

November 2018 Update – Are we there yet?

So here we are, November 2018. It’s pretty incredible that this may be our final monthly update isn’t it? Nearly three years ago we set out on this journey after a simple conversation over a reddit post. We’ve been through a lot, no doubt, and yet here we are on the cusp of victory.

I guess this is the part where we’re supposed to give you some sort of release date, right? For now I can say that mid to late November is our target timeframe and we are very confident about that fact. Why no exact date? Well, the fact of the matter is that we’d still like some flexibility without disappointing anyone. Never fear, we truly hope to see you all flying this around Thanksgiving.

This past month we’ve made a lot of progress, and following two marathon streams last weekend, we’re virtually finished the 3d elements, including UV unwrap. This month saw a great deal of final pieces coming together, with our external lights being completed and the internal lights being nearly complete. Plusnine has also been very hard at work creating an original menu theme for us! We'll talk about that more closer to release.

Here’s a recap of the work from our Mid-October Update:

rTEILm8.png

Instrument Backlighting

gmcKFbC.png

Exterior Lighting

GEEPEVz.png

Royal New Zealand Air Force livery

Fma3nhg.png

Another angle

In addition to finishing our work, we’ve been busy making videos and being interviewed on an up and coming podcast known as Alert 5. Be sure to check out our hour-long interview with them at the link below. I also dropped another video, which may be my last before launch as I continue to throw my free time into completing all my remaining work on the mod itself. For now, please enjoy this short video on Air-to-Air operations in the A-4!

Alert 5 Podcast - https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-alert-5-podcast/id1438547222?mt=2

Code-wise we’re ready with a single function left to be implemented. Our remaining polish comes in the 2D department, which Plusnine is dutifully working to ensure work he can be proud of when all is said and done. We’ve learned over the past two years that slow and steady truly does win the race, and in retrospect, there are definitely corners I now regret cutting in the unwrap department. For those looking to get into the mod dev game, a rule to live by is patience and persistence.

Moving forward, I’ll be trying to stream more often over the weekends. Be sure to follow myself and Plusnine on twitch to get notifications when we stream our development process. If you want to check out my streams last weekend, check out the links below.

So with that, I’ll close this update by once again thanking everyone for their support. We’re truly grateful for all your kind words over the past two and a half years. I look forward to my next big update, which will come in the form of a new forum thread for the release of our mod. Because our late friend Gos owned this thread, I can’t edit the start of it, and will thus create a new thread with a full FAQ and download location when we release.

See you in a few weeks! :D

Edited by Merker

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

Nearly there! Congratulations!

:)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Thanks for the A-4!

In preparation/antecipation I was reading the A-4 Natops. My understanding is that it says you should mantain 600 ft through the 90 up until intercepting the glide slope still at 600 ft (carrier landing). I am correct? If so why the difference to the F-18 which (my understanding) you should intercept the glides slope at around 300 ft. Does anybody know why the difference? What explains it? Old thechnology? no Hud? Back in the 70s that how it was? Any clues?

Maybe due to the older engines requiring longer spool up time so a higher altitude buffer (minima) was in place for a larger safety margin. Just an educated guess.

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

I honestly have no idea why there's a difference. If anyone knows, please do tell!

Speaking of landing patterns, development on the Oriskany continues at a slow but steady pace. With 98% of all my A-4 work complete, I've had some time to get back to modelling. Here's a screen cap of what I've got going on while doing some tests with the model and code. A lot of modelling work still to come, but I'm very happy with it so far. Keep in mind that these are all placeholder textures. The past two years have seen a lot of improvement in my modelling skills and workflow. I was blown away by the Heatblur Forrestal shots, along with the new Stennis model, so I've greatly increased the scope of detail I want to add to this thing. I'll be writing another blog post after the A-4s release, along with starting a new forum thread, which will detail my recent progress and goals of this new project. My current view is that its going to be much more than just this ship, but I'll leave that for another time ;)

1rHTjUp.png

nc3LYJd.png

ACJ1Irz.png

Edited by Merker

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

Many thanks for the heads up Merker !

98% of all A4 work done sounds very promising : ) so excited for this Jet

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version