Community A-4E

FYI;

List of Armaments

Guns: 2× 20 mm (0.79 in) Colt Mk 12 cannon, 100 rounds/gun

Hardpoints: 4× under-wing & 1× under-fuselage pylon stations holding up to 9,900 lb (4,490 kg) of payload

Rockets:

4× LAU-10 rocket pods (each with 4× 127 mm Mk 32 Zuni rockets)

Missiles:

Air-to-air missiles:

4× AIM-9 Sidewinder

Air-to-surface missiles:

2× AGM-12 Bullpup

2× AGM-45 Shrike anti-radiation missile

2× AGM-62 Walleye TV-guided glide bomb

2× AGM-65 Maverick

Bombs:

6× Rockeye-II Mark 20 Cluster Bomb Unit (CBU)

6× Rockeye Mark 7/APAM-59 CBU

Mark 80 series of unguided bombs (including 3 kg and 14 kg practice bombs)

B43 nuclear bomb

B57 nuclear bomb

B61 nuclear bomb

Others:

up to 3× 370 US gallons (1,400 L) Sargent Fletcher drop tanks (pylon stations 2, 3, 4 are wet plumbed) for ferry flight/extended range/loitering time

Only 2 Sidewinders according to the NATOPs. And I'm fairly certain the NATOPs also says 4x Shrikes. We won't get the Bullpup or Walleye due to limitations, nor Nuclear Bombs for obvious reasons.

Why should DCS starts now with „never happened“ weapons loadouts configurations?

Already does, MiG-21Bis that we have can't use the Grom, yet we have it in game.

Edited by Tirak

I got the info from Wikipedia. It looks like the Wiki list takes into consideration the RAN A-4G for 4-AIM-9, but not the A-4K on the GBU. Not sure if the list depends on Douglas design, construction and delivery or is an incomplete list. It looks like the K model was the result of an upgrade independent of Douglas.

Going to try to post a pic two ways. It never seems to work using the image button.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NSETJ2EuSpRDXMox5iu7BiFjrWT8Pp8Y/view?usp=drivesdk

view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by Fusedspine33

It is not only a matter of matching mounts, it is also a matter of center of gravity, launch aerodynamics, structructural airframe.... releasing a weapon for an specific airframe requires a complex certification and testing process before an airframe is allowed to use such ordnance.

In some cases mounts have to be modified, relase procedures implementes ect etc

While the A-4 can nicely transport a Mk 82 unit by weight, the A-4 has never transported or droped a GBU-12 in real life and nobody can certify this is possible until such process of assessment and testing is performed.

Why should DCS starts now with „never happened“ weapons loadouts configurations?

Lets keep it realistic as it is now where we all understand the capabilities and possibilities of each platforms based on historical and actual data.

It is still a great and fun aircraft to fly without GBU.

Fly and fight it as it was designed.

We talk about a Mk-80 Series bomb, that uses a standard cord mechanism for arming not a Tomahawk Cruise Missiles...

As said before, we already have a MiG-21 that can drop atomic bombs and other stuff, it could have loaded, but never did, or at least there are no photographs or stories about it.

No problem, as far as I can tell. The MiG was well received and nobody really complained.

The funniest issue with this "realism" thing for me is: people are adamant about absolute realistic loadouts and weapon options, to a point where even an option that was there, just never used, is depicted as a no go.

Yet the same people happily fly A-10Cs over Russia or Georgia in the Caucasus in utterly fictious scenarios... dogfight F-15C with Su-27s over Nevada, or Normandy, drop bombs from F-5E on Dubai etc. with sometimes ridiculous Backstories and have no problem, at all.

How many realistic scenarios, other than Red Flag with training weapons and Aggressor squadrons "playing" Su-27 with F-15 or F/A-18 can we currently use?!

The A-4E would realistically be employed over Nevada and nowhere else, as of now, as we don't have another scenario it was ever used in?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The funniest issue with this "realism" thing for me is: people are adamant about absolute realistic loadouts and weapon options, to a point where even an option that was there, just never used, is depicted as a no go.

Yet the same people happily fly A-10Cs over Russia or Georgia in the Caucasus in utterly fictious scenarios... dogfight F-15C with Su-27s over Nevada, or Normandy, drop bombs from F-5E on Dubai etc. with sometimes ridiculous Backstories and have no problem, at all.?

where is the Rep function when you need it?!

+1

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

So to respond to a few questions while I nervously look at the calendar...

• Our pylon options only support x2 AIM-9 ( GAR-8 ).

• There are no GBUs present on the aircraft. The era we're aiming for is the early 1970s, specifically 1973. For this reason, we are leaning towards only one model of AIM-9 at the moment. I'll be testing out the game play case for adding the AIM-9L to the list, but historical accuracy has been our prime objective.

• There are no other guided A-G weapons available for use. While we originally wanted to implement Walleyes, it wound up being a challenge never attempted.

• Nuclear weapons are also not available. While the nuclear delivery mission is something I would love to model, it would effectively break the aircraft in multiplayer.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

I'm also nervously looking at the calendar. Can you tell when the nervousness will turn into enthusiasm? ;)

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

• Our pylon options only support x2 AIM-9 ( GAR-8 ).

• There are no GBUs present on the aircraft. The era we're aiming for is the early 1970s, specifically 1973. For this reason, we are leaning towards only one model of AIM-9 at the moment. I'll be testing out the game play case for adding the AIM-9L to the list, but historical accuracy has been our prime objective.

No AIM-9G?

Enviado de meu Moto G (5) Plus usando o Tapatalk

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3692003#post3692003

HlC88kc.png

The Community A-4E-C Mod is the culmination of nearly three years of work on behalf of seven driven team members and many vital advisors. We’re proud to present the most comprehensive DCS Mod to date, boasting such capabilities as Air to Ground Radar and Carrier Operations. The A-4 was a cold war workhorse, providing a capable, reliable light attack aircraft to dozens of nations around the world. From the Sinai Desert to the Jungles of Vietnam, the A-4 was a common sight above cold war battlefields.

Available

We thank the community for their support over the years, through good times and bad. This work has been a journey with many faces along the way, and we dedicate it to our friend, mentor and lead coder Eric “Gosapadin” Mudama. His passion and brilliance left a mark on us all, and we are proud to share with you this labor of love which would not have been possible without him.

Download HERE:

https://goo.gl/DXz7XF

Created By:

Gosapadin (In Memoriam)

Gyrovague

Plusnine

Kryb

Merker

Jones

Farlander

Dr. Manius

Special Thanks To:

SkateZilla

Uboats

The Original HoggitDev Team

Included Features:

Functional Air to Ground Radar

Shrike Anti-Radiation Missile

Carrier landing and faux Carrier Takeoff

ORIGINAL Menus Theme Music by Plusnine

New Weapons!

- AN-Series WWII Surplus Munitions

-- M30, M57, M65, M66, M81, M88

- MK 4 HIPEG 20 mm Gunpod

- Mk 77 Napalm Canister

- SUU-7 Bomblet Dispenser

Report Bugs HERE:

https://goo.gl/forms/lmpuKQCH8S8QlH0R2

Known Bugs:

Carrier Takeoff Flight Dynamics activate when taxing at airbases of 60-70 M ASL

Known solution: Taxi while tapping brakes, reducing speed and preventing “runaway” raxis

Track IR fails to work when loading back into the A-4 after changing planes in mission editor. Does not effect MP (to our knowledge).

Known Solution: Restart game

Dispensing high volumes of bomblets (40+) from SUU-7/CBU-1/CBU-2 causes serious performance dip and/or crash.

Known solution: Drop bomblets in bursts of 10-20

Aircraft cannot cold start from a carrier deck due to carrier movement and use of the huffer for startup.

Known solution: Start all carrier missions hot

Interior red lighting switch frozen and lighting won’t turn off.

Known solution: None at this time

Animation bugs in multiplayer

Known solution: None, we’re sorry :(

FAQ

Q: Is it really free?

A:Yes, it’s really free.

Q: How do I install?

A: Download the A-4E-C Folder, unzip, and place the unzipped A-4E-C folder into the following directory…C:UsersYOURUSERNAMESaved GamesDCS.openalphaModsaircraft.

Please note that you CANNOT place this into the C:UsersYOURUSERNAMEPrograms filepath or it will not be usable in DCS due to file integrity checks.

Q: How big is this download?

A: The compressed file is current 442 MB

Q: Can I donate to you?

A: We cannot accept donations, but we appreciate your words of support!

Tutorials

Introduction and Startup and Takeoff

Carrier Operations

Air to Air Combat

Air to Ground Radar

Air to Ground Weapons

Coming Soon!

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

Great! Thank you very much for all your hard work.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Is amazing what a team can achieve with ilusion, work and dedication.

This is an outstanding product for free that deserve all our recognition. Simply not enough words to say thank you guys.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hey Merker, amazing work here. You just made my evening :) I took a short break from flying it to come back here to congratulate you guys.

I have two small question so far.

1. When starting from a cold start we are hearing some kind of APU or something already running as soon as the mission starts. Is it by design or a bug? Briefly would just like to know what it is.

2. When landing, I am never sure if my wheel brake are activated or not. Is there any light/switches that move in the cockpit to confirm me that they are on. I was not able to figure out that one out.

That thing can fly, I was quite impressed by its rolling capability. Was it THAT maneuverable!? If yes it was quite an airplane!!!!

Edited by Frag

i couldn't get the radar work and can you tell me how to deploy shrike?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5