CH Products owners question

Good afternoon,

I currently have a full CH Products setup which includes the CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle and the CH Ruder Pedals. I am wondering do you guys use the CH Mangers to do all your control inputs or do you use the in game control menu.

Also wanted to include I have Trackir 5 so that will take my view controls off the Hat switch.

Thank you.

I used to use CH products and mapped directly without using the CH Manager Software. I had no issue whatsoever.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

DCSW Controls has "Save profile as" and "Load profile".

Is a bit trick at start but work well, for example I save Fw-190 profile with joy trigger as "Wheel brakes" both and in other profile for fire MG's. Can exchange then "on the fly".

Controls allow too set "Shift" in buttons or keys and "modes" - permanent "shift" state called in controls GUI as "switches".

Edited by Sokol1_br

*For button mapping (DX not keys) and deadzone (for the "mouse" in the throttle) I'm using the control manager, specially cause i wanted to emulate the 2 stage of the trigger, and the ingame options for curves and mapping the DX buttons

I have 2 profiles so far for all my games (DCS, Il2, BMS, WT, BF, Arma, etc):

1.- for Falcon BMS or games where i need a few extra buttons (for centering TrackIR, etc) than the basic + 2 strage trigger

2.- for DCS or games where i want a lot of buttons (most buttons with 2 assigned in them)

-Its almost the same but for games that dont allow multiple buttons for a single fuction it becomes very handy

*Dunno, I think you have 3 modes in the joystick on the fly but i dont know how it works :P (I've been using CM since i got my CH set)

*Yes, you can save the profiles in the folder you want without problem. I recommend you to use the CH Control Center so you can load them faster instead of searching every time

Greetings

Edited by SixthKnight

Core i7 6700k, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1, 32GB Ram, VPC T-50CM (30cm ext), CH Pro Throttle, MFG Crosswind, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar (2), TrackIR5 & Xbox 360 Controller

• 2 weeks later...

There are 4 Modes. If you want to get a little deeper into it, here you go :

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3124081/Control_Manager_-_How_Do_I

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php/files/file/109-control-manager-dummies-guide/

http://www.stickworks.com/contents.htm

I use Crunch's Ka-50 profile. Had to modify it a little bit due to changes how DCS Options/Controls now works:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60027&highlight=shift

Also, here:

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php/files/file/131-dcs-blackshark/

I use a similar setup as his Warthog profile.

In my CH Control Manager I have a separate profile for each DCSW plane, copter, and Combined Arms; plus a few other sims' inventory. The whole stash saves in My Documents under CH Control Manager.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CH Manager is necessary to calibrate the controllers but after that I have always just mapped them in-game. It's easier. The CM interface looks like something from the 1990s and the instructions are pretty complicated. I don't see any advantage using it vs the game menu.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Well, all in CH is "from the 1990's" - e.g. the outdated 8 bits controller, base design... :D

Well you can't improve on perfect :-D

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but Windows forgets calibration settings for my CH combatstick after every restart. Is this normal? If so how do I lock it in?

You need to calibrate the devices with the CH Control Manager software. They don't use Windows for that. It's at least quite easy to figure out vs some of the other things it can do.

I'm gonna be real geeky here, but I LIKES CH Control manager. Once you've figured out how to use it, it's actually really fun to try and set it up the correct way. And out of the various joystick management systems, I actually do like CH CM the most thus far.

The biggest reason to go with CH CM is it's easy to switch profiles and you can save them. Once you've done the profile and the CMC file, it's done forever and ever. Once challenge I'm running into while doing HOTAS is some of the planes have control setup that are just so drastically different from each other that you can't use the same keybind for multiple aircraft (at least not easily). So what I've done as a strategy is to have same control on my hands for ease of muscle memory, but that mean multiple CH CM map for each of the unique planes with different key maps, all with 1 master CMC file.

You can do all the same thing within any game, but it's just faster to make a CMC file and program stuffs in CH CM once you've gotten it figured out.

And as a disclaimer, I got my CH HOTAS Trinity last Friday and learned how to use CH CM on Saturday. I'm not one of those old dudes who've been using CH CM since the mid 90s or anything. TARGET and SST just crash on me more and need more clicky to get what I want it to do than CH CM.

Good afternoon,

I currently have a full CH Products setup which includes the CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle and the CH Ruder Pedals. I am wondering do you guys use the CH Mangers to do all your control inputs or do you use the in game control menu.

Also wanted to include I have Trackir 5 so that will take my view controls off the Hat switch.

Thank you.

I use the Control Manager for everything. It takes a little time to get going with it, but once you understand it, and you start using command files, it makes reconfiguring controls a breeze. It also has a companion program that will print out pictures of your devices with every position of every button labeled, including each of the 3 modes for each device. It is extremely handy when learning a new setup.

I have written command files for Dcs P-51D, Star Citizen, IL-2 BOS, and War Thunder (which I never use anymore... It was my gateway into sims :smilewink:). They take a little typing and careful attention,, or you can download ones from the community at the CH Hangar. I have uploaded mine there.

You can also use scripting for more advanced control options in Control Manager. I reverse engineered a script example and wrote one that I use in DCS that will apply wheel brakes (the w key) when both the left and right brake pedals are depressed past a value of 120, and release the wheel brakes when the value is less than 120 for both. In-game, I have the left and right pedals mapped to left and right brakes, as you normally would. I use a similar script for the space brake in Star Citizen.

I would be happy to help you get going with it. The first thing to do would be to go to the CH Hangar site and download the Control Manager for Dummies guide, and command files. If you run into something you can't figure out, I'd be happy to help.

i7-9700k overclocked to 4.9ghz, RTX 2070 Super, 32GB RAM, M.2 NVMe drive, HP Reverb G2 version 2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, and a Logitech Throttle Quadrant

• 2 months later...

That's nice - I just got my first CH product (throttle) and was looking around for CMC info - which was how I found this thread.

I got the dummies guide from somewhere else because when i went to CH Hangar it said I had to register to download anything. At the time all I wanted was the guide, but now I see other useful stuff is there, I'll go along and register.

So far it's all pretty much same as other profiling software, in how it works, so can't se any issues for now. I just wish I could import the command lists I have in my Wingman profiles to CM. Oh well...

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Well you can't improve on perfect :-D

CH needed to come up with a new throttle for many years.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED