Pinnacle Studio 10 and FRAPS

4c Hajduk Veljko

This is my first attempt in making a short movie in Lock On. I've been using Pinnacle studio for years.

I captured Lock On AVI with FRAPS. Those AVI files work just fine with Windows Media Player. When I try to import them into Studio 10, it looks like the Studio does not recognize FRAPS AVI codec? See attached picture. When I try to play the file, there is a sound but no picture?

Any ideas?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

PStudio doesn't necessarily have to understand all the codecs, it's intended to work 100% with Pinnacle's DV codec, and that's all :)

So you could reencode FRAPS videos to some other codec, which is acceptable by PStudio.

Thanks Maximus. What software do you recommend I could use to reencode FRAPS AVI files?

Regards,

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

If you captured some video by FRAPS be sure that video got own codec. FRAPS codec. So If you will try to see some information about that video by e.g. G-spot software you will see that video is "based" on FRAPS codec. So as MAximus said, try to code ot to another codec like X-vid or so. I am not sure, but I think that, every coding cause lower quality. So better way is code to final video by one-step coding from FRAPS format. But it is only my opinion. :notify:

And If I can recomend some software try SONY VEGAS or simple VIRTUAL DUB.

Have a luck and fun!!!

X264, XVid and other MPEG-4 codecs are not recommended for video editing, since MPEG-4 takes a lot of CPU time when seeking backwards, so the process of editing becomes uncomfortable. It's not counting their long encoding time and lossy nature. So it's just not the thing they were designed for.

Also, every codec should be checked - whether Pinnacle studio likes it or not :)

"Uncompressed RGB" works fine, when the HDD is fast enough, and when there's enough disk space.

There are also some other lossless codecs, designed for the purpose of master media storage and editing. For example, the classic HuffYUV, which produces fine compression ratio and decompression speed.

The software for reencoding - it's VirtualDub and its mods. The prog's purpose is pure cutting/joining/reencoding.

Ah same problem here i use Pstudio 10 and what i did is just used windows movie maker to render them to wmi and imported it through that way, little less quality but just right for final copy when needed downloaded fast

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg