Why does the boom operator hate me?

Can I get a quick critique on this AAR track, is it bugged or do I just really suck at it? I have occasional success making contact, starting to take fuel, but I usually fall off the back of the boom, only to be stabbed in the face the next time I try to hook up.

It's making practicing kind of discouraging...

P.S. we need a KC-135 module so players can play boom operator mini-game :D

AR fail.trk

Can I get a quick critique on this AAR track, is it bugged or do I just really suck at it? I have occasional success making contact, starting to take fuel, but I usually fall off the back of the boom, only to be stabbed in the face the next time I try to hook up.

It's making practicing kind of discouraging...

P.S. we need a KC-135 module so players can play boom operator mini-game :D

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=128287&highlight=tanker

The Boom Operator doesn't hate you...the Boom Pod got cold soaked between Takeoff and AR and his feet are cold.

Sierra 99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

The rumour I heard is the boom operator is a failed fighter pilot (no hand eye co-ordination apparently) and feels like he is now doing a second rate job. He basically has it in for all pilots and goes out of his way to make life difficult for em :joystick:

Try not to take it too personally :D

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

The problem is the boom defaults to the center position when you get out of tolerance.

This includes if you get too close. If you are too high or too far forward he will center the boom, stabbing it into your plane in the process. (Usually resulting in instant death or severe damage)

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

The problem is the boom defaults to the center position when you get out of tolerance.

This includes if you get too close. If you are too high or too far forward he will center the boom, stabbing it into your plane in the process. (Usually resulting in instant death or severe damage)

In the latest update in a turn the boom never moves at all. It's broken.