Adding a Track IR Reset/Reload function ?

Hueyman

Hi there,

One of the most terrible tricky little thing in DCS is the interaction with teh Track IR... it's awesome, as long as it works...

If you launch DCS, join a server, set everything up and you realize you forgot to launch Track IR soft first, or you make long flights and you let the cap with the reflector on it too long away from the IR cam, it just disconnect and nothing to do to reload the plugin, you have to quit DCS and re run it, taking care of staying well in front of the cam ( two green lights at DCS launch )

That should be nothing in terms of work for next update but would be a very handy feature ...

Hints hints ;-)

Thanks

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

Do you have s iphone6s

I can unplug my phone and it will disable my track IR. Plug my phone back in to charge, and it will renable track ir.

I posted about this few weeks ago should be able to search for it with pictures..

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

• 6 months later...
Hi there,

One of the most terrible tricky little thing in DCS is the interaction with teh Track IR... it's awesome, as long as it works...

If you launch DCS, join a server, set everything up and you realize you forgot to launch Track IR soft first, or you make long flights and you let the cap with the reflector on it too long away from the IR cam, it just disconnect and nothing to do to reload the plugin, you have to quit DCS and re run it, taking care of staying well in front of the cam ( two green lights at DCS launch )

That should be nothing in terms of work for next update but would be a very handy feature ...

Hints hints ;-)

Thanks

Please! Please include this ASAP! Numerous times, about 10 minutes lost when you enter MP just to figure out that Track IR for some reason didn't load up.

Thanks.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

• 4 weeks later...

Strange. I don't use TIR per se, but do use other Headtracking device/SW and it always lets me run it post my entry to the 3d world (IR LED Hat & Opentrack or FaceTrackNoIR - using TIR output).

Could you get your TIR clip to work with any of those perhaps, or does it only work with the supplied TIR SW?

Strange. I don't use TIR per se, but do use other Headtracking device/SW and it always lets me run it post my entry to the 3d world (IR LED Hat & Opentrack or FaceTrackNoIR - using TIR output).

Could you get your TIR clip to work with any of those perhaps, or does it only work with the supplied TIR SW?

It depends on the game software. Some software will pick up TrackIR mid game and some (most) won't. The usual culprit is after a game crash to desktop the TrackIR software doesn't recognize the software run again immediately as something to hook into.

Requires restart:

IL-2 Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 BoStalingrad

Falcon 4.0

DCS

Recognizes title during runtime:

ArmA 3

It is up to the coders of the game software to support re initializing TIR after game launch. This is a huge convenience due to the long load times and occasional crashes associated with a flight sim.

I've used TIRs for over 10 years and have never had one stop working in DCS from going to sleep.

I have a checklist of items that need to be started before I run DCS. It is easier to remember to turn on the TIR on than to expect ED to make changes to DCS.

I disable all the sleep crap on my system. If I'm not using it, it is shut off.

Best wishes,

For me it works if you just unplug the usb cable and replug it into your computer. On the device, only one green light is lit (the one that states that there is a reflector but the one, responsible for game-recognition not) but it works perfectly though as nothing ever happened. No need for a restart

TIR does not go to sleep. Mine runs 24/7, on my sim box, since I never shut the machine down (except for maintenance) and TIR is set to start on boot. I also do as JG14_Smil does in terms of disabling anything related to sleep.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 years later...
For me it works if you just unplug the usb cable and replug it into your computer. On the device, only one green light is lit (the one that states that there is a reflector but the one, responsible for game-recognition not) but it works perfectly though as nothing ever happened. No need for a restart

This just worked for me. Only single light but works as normal.

• 2 years later...

yes, unplug/plug-in works. but it would be 100% better having a track-ir reset/restart function in DCS. FYI, when track-ir stops working mid-game in DCS, i noticed that it always remained responsive outside the game (in track-ir software). that means, it is NOT track-ir that stops to respond to the OS rather than DCS stopping to recognize inputs from it.

• Like 1

Perhaps we could have a "Refresh USB devices" command, yes, very good idea. I'm fed up with going under the table to unplug / replug my TrackIR. I'm not 20 anymore, me back hurts.

I'll make a request.

EDIT: or maybe just a new item in the Escape menu.

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

4 hours ago, HILOK said:

yes, unplug/plug-in works. but it would be 100% better having a track-ir reset/restart function in DCS. FYI, when track-ir stops working mid-game in DCS, i noticed that it always remained responsive outside the game (in track-ir software). that means, it is NOT track-ir that stops to respond to the OS rather than DCS stopping to recognize inputs from it.

Devs have answered me: we already have access to the 'Rescan devices' during a game session. Reach the Controls menu and click 'Rescan devices'. 😉

I've just tried it with my TrackIR, I had to click twice but it worked. I'll try to remember it next time my TrackIR is not detected, before going under the desk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

Devs have answered me: we already have access to the 'Rescan devices' during a game session. Reach the Controls menu and click 'Rescan devices'. 😉

I've just tried it with my TrackIR, I had to click twice but it worked. I'll try to remember it next time my TrackIR is not detected, before going under the desk.

good to know! thanks 👍🏼

• 1 month later...

Just a note - make sure your TIR TrackClip is being detected by the TIR camera (LH green LED is ON) before pressing Rescan Devices. If not, the RH green LED (TIR Enhanced Title detected) will just flash but won't remain ON.

Randy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1