Va panel vs ips

I am thinking of buying a new monitor. i will use it for both gaming and multimedia

budget is a key factor.

benq gw2760hs 27 inch va monitor fits my budget very well.

for instance, is there a huge difference between VX279H asus monitor and this benq?

is ips panels are superior over va panels?

https://www.amazon.com/GW2760HS-27-inch-panel-LED-lit-Monitor/dp/B00ITORMDC

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hi Mate. What kind of money are you looking for because you can go from $100 to $1500 without much effort.

A 27" monitor is great for size/price right now. Better value would be a 24" The best part of 27" monitors are the fact that most of the decent ones can do Quad HD (2K) at 2,560 x 1,440 pixels.

You DEFINITELY want either AN IPS or MVA based panel if you want to do both multimedia and gaming. The older TFT types redraw faster for slightly more responsive gaming however they tend to have poorer colour representation and suffer from side-view contrast shift where you can only see the picture from straight ahead. The downside to cheap IPS/MVA panels is slow redraw rates and fast action games can blur a bit. A slightly more expensive one will give you a much better redraw rate of 3-6ms rather than 8ms+.

Don't bother with OLED. They are expensive and while pretty are still potentially susceptible to burn-in effects.

If budget is a concern, stick with a standard 60Hz refresh rate and don't bother with G-Sync or FreeSync because they come with a premium.

Things like colour accuracy and backlight uniformity are nice but probably come at a price premium.

DEFINITELY check the website TFTCentral which gives you incredible detail on how monitors work, what is best to look for for particular uses and detailed reviews and recommendations for various needs. Tom's Hardware Guide also reviews new and recent monitors with lots of detail and usage recommendations.

Sorry if it's a lot but this should give you everything you need to research.

If you just want some model suggestions. Give us your price range and a general idea of what kind of features you want/need as well as your main usage patterns (games, work, movie, etc)

Cheers Mate.

wow , thanks for this long reply.

i have 200-250 usd budget. lower is better because i am also planning to buy a throttle so saving first.

i am not a quality maniac. and don't play fps games other than arma.

my biggest concern is durability and viewing angles.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I think I have that benq monitor (confusing with all the letters and numbers, at work so can't check) and It works quite well. Had it for a few months and zero issues. Viewing angles are excellent as well, and I often find myself reclined in my chair off to the side of my monitor watching movies or shows. The fastest thing I play is racing games and I've never experienced any bluring or anything of the sort.

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat