To many aircraft?

Hawkeye60

So, last year I decided to sit down and really learn the A10. Even had the manual printed.

Spent many hours reading, flying and reading some more. I was just getting to the point where I was comfortable with most of the systems, and had learned basic flying skills. Was having FUN!

Then......... PolyChop released the Gazelle.

oh no!

My poor A10 sits in the hanger, collecting dust, while the ground crew sit around a table, drinking beer, playing poker and trading old war stories!:mad:

My Gazelle is lovely! Call her Tasha:D

Learned to treat her gently too!

So, whats the problem?

I own every aircraft. Learned the basics of most and assigned all the key binds as necessary. Spent quit a few hours with each. P51 and A10 the most. Yet never mastered One.

Love them all though. Look at all the choices!

I keep thinking I should get back in the cockpit of the war birds and get ready for Normandy.

Or perhaps the Mig21. They have done some great updates to her.

But I should spend more time in the Shark. I kind of miss it!

The Huey and Mi-8 are just waiting for me to join them and go shoot things!

Sigh.......... I don't have enough free time hours left in my life to learn, never mind master, all of them!!!!!!

And they keep coming...........

F18 and Carrier Ops?

More WW2 planes?

An F14?

You guys are KILLING ME!:lol:

Edited by Hawkeye60
typo
  • Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Like stated above your not required to buy them all. But its nice to have options. Me personally I am waiting for the F/A-18C which will be my main platform to learn and everything. But I don't mind running around shooting people in SP and MP with the Mirage or any other aircraft I bought.

With a wide variety of aircraft you can choose to pick one that you like that will be your study aircraft and also help you join a squadron. You also have FC3 model aircraft for people who just want to just go right away.

Perhaps you guys misunderstand me.

I NEED them all.

I got them all.

I want to fly them all. In VR.

I can't wait for the new ones!

I am a Simaholic. Been so for thirty years.

There, I said it.

I feel better now!:D

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I NEED them all

I understand you, this is my story :pilotfly:

DCS World is my world!

ASRock Z370 Extreme4 / i7-8700k 4.4G /32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / ASUS ROG Strix 2080ti O11G /Samsung SSD M.2 970EVO 2Tb /4K TV Samsung 40" /TM Hotas Warthog / Saitek ProFlight Rudder /Trackir-4

Funny, how many of us have problems maintaining proficiency like RL military pilots. :D

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

You're not alone dude, some of us need intervention!

I got one intervention from my wife. One weekend no flying DCS, she took my stuff too fly with it.

It felt if she had me completly stripped down. :D

That opened my eyes. Now i plan my virtual flights. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Your only treatment is "GIVE IN AND BUY'EM ALL" :)

Know what you mean...LoL

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

euhm..I have them ALL! :D:pilotfly::music_whistling:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Waiting for the P-47 D-23 Razorback, if that ever comes I am lost hehehe

*the one in my avatar is a D-23, TopFlite R/C scratchbuilt

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I know the feeling, I started really learning the KA-50 several months ago and am still sticking with it - and still learning.

I probably own more modules than I will ever get around to learning.

The A-10C is next on my hit list ( have the printed manual as well), but going to be a while before I get around to it I am afraid. Having too much fun flying and continuing to learn the Shark.

And I am sure I will get sidetracked for a bit when Normandy map is released later this year, as WWII is truly my first love.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I NEED them all.

I got them all.

I want to fly them all. In VR.

I can't wait for the new ones!

I am a Simaholic. Been so for thirty years.

There, I said it.

I feel better now!:D

^This!!! :D :D :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

.... and I thought SA meant Situation Awareness.

Now I know... Simaholics Anonymous. Where's the phone.........

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

There's a valid point to this topic, though - having too many modules lead to being a "jack of all trade and a master of none", which is mostly okay, but then again, it's hard to master a specific module with such a variety available (A10C comes to mind). On the other hand, choice is a great thing - and I buy all modules to support my beloved hobby anyway.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I need that number for SA as well, hope they have a Canada chapter.

It's gotten so bad, it feels like when I'm flying one module I'm cheating on all the rest!! Ka-50, you vile temptress, you.

The worst is, if you're away from an aircraft for too long, you need to go through training and familiarization again.

Ooooh I know the feeling too well. Started DCS'ing and was always switching between aircraft never knowing which module would be "mine". Then I got a hotas warthog for Christmas and was pretty Steady with the A-10C for a good few months, occasionally jumping into the F-15. Then I started reading all about the Vietnam War the past couple months and I found myself learning the Huey, then Gazelle, Now alternating between those 3. Who knows what I'll be flying next week!

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat