A-10C Engine Stop buttons don't work

USCOB

I almost went through the A-10C landing and shutdown training mission while I can not stop the engine by R.Alt+End and R.Ctrl+End buttons. Nothing happens after I pressed the buttons. I restarted the mission, still the same .I checked the settings, it's ok. I even add other buttons, but nothing works. Plz help me, these buttons works fine with FC3 aircrafts.

Hi and welcome to the forums! :)

Check your axis settings, that might be a reason.

Shutting down the engines only works when the throttles are in idle.

The feature is working as intended as far as I can tell, I just tested it.

Thanks you for the welcome.

My stick is T.16000M and I had already pulled it to the rearmost(sorry for my English), it still doesn't work.

Ok, then the next two things to try:

- make sure your axis settings allow to pull the throttle back. You can bring up the controls indicator (RCntrl+Enter) to check. If you notice you can't move the throttle indicator back to zero (you can also check if the throttle in the virtual cockpit moves all the way back but the controls indicator shows it better)

- Check that the keys are assigned correctly for the A-10C. You can do that by just going into the controls menu, choose "A-10C Sim" and press those key combos. It should switch to the correct entries.

If those fail, please post a track and we'll look into it. :)

Ok, then the next two things to try:

- make sure your axis settings allow to pull the throttle back. You can bring up the controls indicator (RCntrl+Enter) to check. If you notice you can't move the throttle indicator back to zero (you can also check if the throttle in the virtual cockpit moves all the way back but the controls indicator shows it better)

- Check that the keys are assigned correctly for the A-10C. You can do that by just going into the controls menu, choose "A-10C Sim" and press those key combos. It should switch to the correct entries.

If those fail, please post a track and we'll look into it. :)

Keys are OK.

Is the situation correct?

olkkwEI.jpg

Is there anything necessary I should done before stop the engines or the engines can't be stopped?

Edited by USCOB

I am not sure about that throttle position, I can't compare with my controls indicator because I somehow damaged its position in the lua file when I added my third and fourth screen...

But judging by the position relative to the screws on the panel it looks like you are in idle.

Is there anything necessary I should done before stop the engines or the engines can't be stopped?
No. You can pull them over the idle/cutoff detent any time as long as your throttle is in idle. I just tried it in a mission myself.

I wonder if it could be a bug in the mission.

Go ahead and try any quickstart mission or one you created yourself with just one A-10C (player).

EDIT: Huh. I actually tried it myself in that exact same mission and it works.

Edited by Aginor

To add to what Aginor wrote, the only reason I'm aware of for the engines failing to shut down is when the throttles are not in idle. Crappy pots (potentiometers) might prevent the throttles from reaching full idle position.

USCOB, can you recreate the problem in a mission that starts hot on the runway, then try to shut the engines down, then quit the mission and save the track? Then just upload it here. There are no guarantees, but maybe someone here can figure out what goes wrong.

When you upload a track, please note your DCS version as well, because playback doesn't work too well between different versions.

PS: Judging from the responses so far, hättest du auch im deutschen Teil des Forums fragen können - Aginor kommt ebenfalls aus DE. ;)

I am not sure about that throttle position, I can't compare with my controls indicator because I somehow damaged its position in the lua file when I added my third and fourth screen...

But judging by the position relative to the screws on the panel it looks like you are in idle.

No. You can pull them over the idle/cutoff detent any time as long as your throttle is in idle. I just tried it in a mission myself.

I wonder if it could be a bug in the mission.

Go ahead and try any quickstart mission or one you created yourself with just one A-10C (player).

EDIT: Huh. I actually tried it myself in that exact same mission and it works.

To add to what Aginor wrote, the only reason I'm aware of for the engines failing to shut down is when the throttles are not in idle. Crappy pots (potentiometers) might prevent the throttles from reaching full idle position.

USCOB, can you recreate the problem in a mission that starts hot on the runway, then try to shut the engines down, then quit the mission and save the track? Then just upload it here. There are no guarantees, but maybe someone here can figure out what goes wrong.

When you upload a track, please note your DCS version as well, because playback doesn't work too well between different versions.

PS: Judging from the responses so far, hättest du auch im deutschen Teil des Forums fragen können - Aginor kommt ebenfalls aus DE. ;)

Your screenshot looks right. That's the idle position. Here's my screenshot to compare

nT79lsp.jpg

Thanks for so many replies!:)

For I have to leave home for about 12 days, I can't test the game in any short time. But I will keep an eye on the forum.

Edited by USCOB

@ USCOB

Is it the Berlin Brigade Sign ? (US Army)

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

olkkwEI.jpg

YES! Land first!

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure the firmware is up to date.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Hardware problem

If you have the throttles on Idle and you still have thrust, then I guess there's something wrong with your axis settings.

Just want to check the obvious one: You did configured / calibrated your stick in Windows OS, didn't you?

Hi. Some time ago I had the same issue with the same stick. It was buggy when troubleshooting in Windows OS I could see in game controllers settings that throttle slider was not all the way down despite its full back physical position on the stick.

I spent few hours trying to fix that going through various forms. I even convinced TM reseller to replace it. Then it was working fine, I read though it can happen after some time using it so I dumped that and went for X-55 instead.

Anyway, that's my story so back to the topic. Try this. Clear axis control for throttle in A-10sim settings. Keep keyboard commands for throttles. Try that - use keyboard to control your throttles.

That will work.

Also, make sure your keyboard does not need extra button pressed, I use compact keyboard where I need to pres Fn (function) key to get to some of the numeric keypad keys.

Edited by Gierasimov
another tought

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Hardware problem

If you have the throttles on Idle and you still have thrust, then I guess there's something wrong with your axis settings.

Hi. Some time ago I had the same issue with the same stick. It was buggy when troubleshooting in Windows OS I could see in game controllers settings that throttle slider was not all the way down despite its full back physical position on the stick.

I spent few hours trying to fix that going through various forms. I even convinced TM reseller to replace it. Then it was working fine, I read though it can happen after some time using it so I dumped that and went for X-55 instead.

Anyway, that's my story so back to the topic. Try this. Clear axis control for throttle in A-10sim settings. Keep keyboard commands for throttles. Try that - use keyboard to control your throttles.

That will work.

Also, make sure your keyboard does not need extra button pressed, I use compact keyboard where I need to pres Fn (function) key to get to some of the numeric keypad keys.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta