F-5E Template is released

joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Might of found a problem with the template/model

Nr8SA0s.jpg

Looks like a vert/edge not connected... I think:pilotfly:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 1 month later...

There is something wrong in the texture template as well. IDK who have seen this, but when I creat a skin with a certain nose patch on the top, there is a part which is sort of cut off in template. I can't find what it is in the template but I think it's a bug in the game

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

It's a model issue. Part of the left side nose texture overlaps the top part. Approximately above the battery hatch IIRC. For some reason, part of the texture outside the green wireframe outline is mapped to the top view.

I think the source of this problem is that the same model is used for the F-5E and the F-5E-3 in DCS. The F-5E has a different nose then the F-5E-3 :smartass:

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

• 2 months later...
I think the source of this problem is that the same model is used for the F-5E and the F-5E-3 in DCS. The F-5E has a different nose then the F-5E-3 :smartass:

Exactly! And the official template is working better on the f-5e model.

Here is my WIP texture loaded on both models. It seems as if someone "screwed" the f-5e3 nose for 1/4 to the right! :lol:

How can we get this to the attention of the developers?

F-5E-nose.jpg.146d4cc94d4090497fe2b9d747ddf2a7.jpg