Is Panavia Tornado still on Razbams radar?

Jaktaz

Italy did used French PDLCT pod (IR SENSOR)

In recon mission they now use RECCE LITE, maybe also Litening as un upgrade (over PDLCT) to guide GBU.

081_3158w5+.jpg

It looks like French ATLIS (TV sensor).

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F-15C_Tornado_IDS_DFST8901717.JPEG

A US Air Force F-15C Eagle in formation with a Luftwaffe and Royal Air Force Tornado over Germany in 1987

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

So, after 3 pages and almost 80 posts there is no answer to the question if RAZBAM is working on the Tornado.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

So, after 3 pages and almost 80 posts there is no answer to the question if RAZBAM is working on the Tornado.

There is:

- On page 1, comment #9: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2912977&postcount=9

- On page 6, comment #56: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2923301&postcount=56

;)

But it's still very early in development, so I think it might be cancelled again, if things change (e.g. someone else makes the Tornado). But that's just my guess.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I've seen those but there is no concreate confirmation behind. Actually opposite, conclusions are being drawn based on "confirmation bias".

The information that was posted tells only that someone has made an extremely early version of a mesh. Thats all. There are no facts to conclude that the project is still active and the work is being carried out or at least planned for the future.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I've seen those but there is no concreate confirmation behind. Actually opposite, conclusions are being drawn based on "confirmation bias".

The information that was posted tells only that someone has made an extremely early version of a mesh. Thats all. There are no facts to conclude that the project is still active and the work is being carried out or at least planned for the future.

Well, he called it a "project", so I guess there is at least something behind it.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well, he called it a "project", so I guess there is at least something behind it.

Yes, but it's too vague to draw conclusions - was the goal only a prototyping or a intention to build a full module, is the project status - active, on hold or canceled?

OK..what other confirmation you need??

Yes..we are working on one

NO we don´t have a release date

OK..what other confirmation you need?

Feedback like this:

Note that it hasn't been stated clearly what is the current status.

• 2 months later...
OK..what other confirmation you need??

Hi Prowler , after the MiG23 'incident' - can you say that you have ED`s license/approval/whatever to make the Tornado?

would hate to be disappointed again.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Prowler , after the MiG23 'incident' - can you say that you have ED`s license/approval/whatever to make the Tornado?

would hate to be disappointed again.

I feel this question needs to be asked about all of the current proposed modules. Prior to this, Sithspawn had stated that ED did not police what sort of modules Third Parties were allowed to pursue. That policy has clearly changed and so clarification as to the standing of all proposed modules is required.

The Tornado would be a perfect candidate for DCS, GR.4 ideally. Fast, low flying tactics make for great fun. Plus they teased us over on FB so they have to make one now ;)

I would more likely bet on GR1 than GR4. I have never found anything about GR4 weapon system...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A Tonka would be great. However how would the navigator, or weapons electronics officer be implemented?

With two seat attack aircraft, unless you have a shared cockpit, the pilot would have to do both jobs?

The Viggen is the Swedish answer to the Tornado. Accomplished with a crew of one and modelled to a high degree of perfection, by LN, if I may say so. :thumbup:

In the Tornado, I just worry about that missing guy in the back. Unless he can be automated of course.

I have thought many times if the Just Flight Tornado could be ported over to DCS World, it will be epic!:D

Cheers

David

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

A Tonka would be great. However how would the navigator, or weapons electronics officer be implemented?

The same as in the L-39 and soon to be Tomcat I'd imagine.

Admittedly in single player it would put an extra load on the pilot but then again the vast majority of DCS buyers use their aircraft online.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

... then again the vast majority of DCS buyers use their aircraft online.

That would be entirely incorrect. If that were the case then there would be thousands of people playing MP at any given moment.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The Viggen is the Swedish answer to the Tornado. Accomplished with a crew of one and modelled to a high degree of perfection, by LN, if I may say so. :thumbup:

Well seeing as the Viggen Came before the Tornado id rather say it was the other way around ^^.

With the Viggen having its first flight before Tornado was even designed

(And entering full service before the Tornado first flew).

With two seat attack aircraft, unless you have a shared cockpit, the pilot would have to do both jobs?

Leatherneck Sims are making an AI for the backseat chap for their F-14 module.

Razbam could do something similar if they felt it was warrented, if not, it'll just be like the L-39.