plane autolanding

frodrigues2016

Hi....i have problems in landing the aircraft i fly....so i would like that planes add a feature that let automatic landing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

Hi....i have problems in landing the aircraft i fly....so i would like that planes add a feature that let automatic landing.

Did you tried the training or a little bit of practice? Apart from the WW2 birds most of the planes are really easy to land within an hour of practice.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Which aircraft you fly and with what kind of controls? It helps a lot to have at least a basic understanding of how to land in general and add to that a couple rule-of-thumb speeds to get most birds down safely.

Which part of the landind gives you most trouble? Final approach, flaring and touchdown or ground run and getting the aircraft to stop?

There are so many skilled people in the forums that can provide you with training aids in whichever kind of method suits you, that you can be sure you don't need a cheat to get an aircraft down safe.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

It is a sim. I crash my gear even after two years flying on landing. So practice, practice, practice. And you will see you get it. That gives a adrenaline shock.

Use joystick and set curves in axes fine tuning to 20. It becomes a lot easier to land.

There are practice missions on landing. You could even setup a landing mission by yourself with the missioneditor.

s25t

F-15C
Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

• ED Team

Guys go easy,

I would recommend analysing your landing ( Use tools like tacview to review ), and repeat the process until you get it right.

Read the manuals, and know the weight and speed of your aircraft for the correct landing.

Also make sure you have zero wind at first to make things more manageable

You could set your self as immortal so the process is a little easier for yourself.

hope it helps

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I don't think too many campaigns require you to land. Some do.

There are landing tutorials for every plane that are worth doing and doing again and again.

This is a study sim really, not a combat sim. The whole point is learning all the detail and operation of all the aircraft. That's the "game". Landing IS the game. So why ask for it to be automatic?

Otherwise you aren't getting your money's worth.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Everyone can play the game how they want to, but landing most aircraft in DCS is not that difficult with practice. I suggest just to keep practicing.

I wonder though, what is your setup? Do you have a joystick and what aircraft do you fly?

the biggest thing to remember is that once flaps and gear are out, you have much more drag, so you loose speed and have to add power. my biggest problem is while Im lining up with runway, I loose air speed then add power too late and the plane goes out of control because I'm too slow. practice, practice and practice some more ,and don't get discouraged because its a blast once you figure it out

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the closest you'll get is planes that have similar features,

ie, Path Hold and Auto Throttle....

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I agree with 'frodrigues2016' who wants automatic landing feature. I also sometimes struggle to land and it is very frustrating when you completed the mission and than crash right on the end. I'm also thinking about to open the new topic 'save games'. DSC never had this feature which is a biggest downside of the game for me. To do a save game during the mission will be a great. Than you don't have to repeat the whole mission just because you did stupid mistake. Sometimes when yo fly the long mission you could finish it next day. I think that is really no point to explain more the benefits of save games. Some players probably can say that with save game the game wont be a simulator any more. It's not true because in game we have already option to speed up the time or active pause. Players don't have to do 'save games' if they feel that it is not necessary for them. But we should have this option to be able customize the game to how we want to play. The game than become more enjoyable for less experienced players or for someone who don't have that much time to repeat 6 or more times one mission.

i use a analog joypad and keyboard for flying....so sometimes its dificult to land.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

• 1 month later...
Which aircraft you fly and with what kind of controls? It helps a lot to have at least a basic understanding of how to land in general and add to that a couple rule-of-thumb speeds to get most birds down safely.

Which part of the landind gives you most trouble? Final approach, flaring and touchdown or ground run and getting the aircraft to stop?

There are so many skilled people in the forums that can provide you with training aids in whichever kind of method suits you, that you can be sure you don't need a cheat to get an aircraft down safe.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Hi....I use keyboard and a Digital/Analog Joypad and mouse....i guess i have to buy improved controlers....because has it is doesnt work much.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

landing is the most enjoable part of fliying especially when you make a good landing. don't let ai spoil your enjoy

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5