Game crushes...

vadIL

Hi, I have LOCON FC 1.12 ..

And somtimes it crush on mission loader...

Or its freez in the game...

I dont know whats the problem please help me..

The game works smooth on my pc...

Thats the comp:

Pentium D 2.8 Ghz

1 G ram

ATI Radeon 9600 XT 256mb

Windows xp.

Thank you!

It's not the place to contact offical technical support. Instead of screaming out loud, why didn't you bother to check the http://www.lockon.co.uk webpage under CONTACT,

that's where email to support is - and that's where you should go and look for help from officials.

Also you described pretty much nothing about your system.

Any error log ?

Dxdiag.txt log? from dxdiag.exe

Noone pays us - forum members to help you - so keep it down.

Why two threads?

Are you going to create a third one anytime soon because you just can't wait a bit for people to respond?

Provide more information so we can help.

You'll be asked exactly the same things if you contact official technical support.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Im sorry for being rude.. I just dont know who's responsibable for the game.. I bought it here so i though the game developers in this forum..

About second thread, Was confused if that technical problem or a bug :()

Anyway.. I dont get some kind of errors.. It just freez in the game and quit.. Thats happens rendomly..I play a mission without problems I try it again lets say and that crash..

How do i get log from dxdiag ??

And about the driver I use: NGO ATI Optimized Driver v1.6.6

Thas wat I get in the error log:

01/10/2006 01:21 V512091930

Dispatcher: track version = 211031310

Dispatcher: initial random seed = 8515000

Dispatcher: apply random seed = 8515000

Cosmos: Mission date assigned - Year:2004, Month:6, Day:22

DXDefTexture: failed to load samara-red.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load samara-blue.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load samara-cherry.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

Warning: (texture class Graphics::DXFontTexture) must be loaded to step 1, step 0 reported.

Whats that all about?

• 10 months later...

I have the same prob now,

DXDefTexture: failed to load TRAVA-2.TGA, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

Warning: (texture class Graphics:: DXFontTexture) must be loaded to step 1, step 0 reported.

Warning: (effect class Graphics: : DXProjLight) must be loaded to step 1, step 0 reported.

Warning: (effect class Graphics:: DXProjLight) must be loaded to step 2, step 1 reported.

what to do with that?

Now it is 2 months or so I have to reinstal LockOn because of missing some files, but why they are lost? I never use any mods or skins...

Thanx for any help

The Tunnel at the End of the Light

If you use ATI card best to install ATI Catalyst driver set... surrently latest is Catalyst 7.8

Make sure you have all updates for your Windows XP and do a fresh istall of LockOn. Do not use Water settings on High/Very High if the mission has weather set with Overcast.

It could also be some other hardware is making a conflict/crashes making the game crash. I had trouble with Touchscreen causing random reboots.

I've never personally experienced such problems (missing textures) so I don't have any experience myself on this particular issue... but if you really like the game maybe its worth bit trouble shooting.

Disconnect all devices you don't need/use check for updates for windows and update any drivers for all your hardware if updated version is available. I'd especially pay attention on any changes you've made to the system (if you have installed some new software etc). Maybe even directx files are corrupted?

Also make sure you update the game with latest patches which you can find on lockon web.

No longer active in DCS...

• 2 weeks later...

I an having the same odd crashes- Excuse me for my other post but I had not read tis one fully. This is what I an getting on my system:

9/8/2007 20:28 V512091930

Dispatcher: track version = 502031740

Dispatcher: initial random seed = 991765

Dispatcher: read track random seed = 5812578

Dispatcher: apply random seed = 5812578

Cosmos: Mission date assigned - Year:2004, Month:6, Day:22

Dispatcher: read track view settings

DXDefTexture: failed to load TRAVA-2.TGA, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

This is on a brand new install that was updated from Gold to the latest version.

Thanks in advance!

Zilla

hm... does it crash on every game or just some particular ones? If its on some partcular mission(s) check if mission is build with overcast weather (clouds set to 9 or 10) and if so.. don't use water settings to High or Very High.

hm... if it's crashing even while just editing a mission I'd say you ossobly have some system stability issues... I don't think that would be caused by LockOn since the game is not even running in 3D if you're just editing the mission. Do you hany crashes while not running any games at all? But anyway just out of curiosity, did you try reinstalling the game?

I will try to reinstall game when I return from business trip. I think that has to be the issue since I have absolutely no system problems when running all my other apps/games in the highest modes. I just find it odd that others are getting the same error.

Thanks for all the help!!!