Converting GamePort CH Pro Pedals to USB

snomhf

Thought some of you who, like me, have old Gameport stuff laying around might be interested in this. Here is a little mod I did that brings a CH Products Pro Pedals into the 21st century.

Enjoy!

USB conversion project

signature.jpg

---------- Click here for details ----------

Abit AV8 MB, AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1.5 GB DDR, GeForce 6600GT/256MB AGP,

CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pro Pedals/Throttle Quad/DT225 Trackball, TIR4

Hello there,

I have great respect for any person with soldering skills (for I usually burn one or two of my fingers when trying myself ;)).

But why would you change those gameport pedals to USB anyway? I own them and they run perfectly on my WinXP System...

egaRim,

The main reason I guess is that most computers these days do not have a GamePort interface on them. It used to be that most sound cards came with a GamePort but that is no longer the case. The other reason is many people have problems getting GamePort to work very well with XP. Also, USB is most definitely more precise and calibrates more accurately.

Nice to hear that you have a working solution. I was forced to switch to USB about six years ago and I had a major investment in GamePort CH equipment. That was very painful. GamePort simply cannot handle the sophistication of modern day HOTAS equipment.

signature.jpg

---------- Click here for details ----------

Abit AV8 MB, AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1.5 GB DDR, GeForce 6600GT/256MB AGP,

CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pro Pedals/Throttle Quad/DT225 Trackball, TIR4