Confusions regarding JSGME

jermin

Do I need to generate a snapshot every time I update my game?

Does JSGME use files in the snapshots to restore original files when I disable a mod?

Or is it that JSGME automatically backs up the affected files before copying the mod files over when I enable a mod and use the backup files to restore the game when I disable it?

This question has plagued me for a long time.

Do I need to generate a snapshot every time I update my game?

Does JSGME use files in the snapshots to restore original files when I disable a mod?

Or is it that JSGME automatically backs up the affected files before copying the mod files over when I enable a mod and use the backup files to restore the game when I disable it?

This question has plagued me for a long time.

snapshot, you could, I just 'disable all mods' move to the left, update, then re-enable, lots quicker, no extra backup file.

bytheway, DCS makes its own very limited backup of the update in _backup.00x

particularly of changed default missions etc.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

snapshot, you could, I just 'disable all mods' move to the left, update, then re-enable, lots quicker, no extra backup file.

bytheway, DCS makes its own very limited backup of the update in _backup.00x

particularly of changed default missions etc.

Yes that's what I do also and it works very well.

If you don't need to regenerate a snapshot every time you update the game, then what's the purpose of this feature?

Sent from my L50t using Tapatalk

to be able to compare the 'new default' with your modded files,

as f.i. when DCS integrates mods DCS was made aware of through this forum

etc

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Also while on the subject of JSGME, OVGME is way easier to set up and use:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171956

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64