A-10C Operation Piercing Fury Campaign

OK, thanks!

EDIT: BREAK! I found the problem, I had an ancient AI GND targeting behaviour mod active, this prevented the F-16s from firing. Removed the mod, F-16's did as they supposed to. Sorry for whining.

Hey brother, no problem at all, glad you got it working! Thats what I am here for, to support users and the campaign.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question, just started with this campaign. I finish the first mission, then go to the second but if I fail that second mission I have to do the first one again? Shouldnt it just restart at the second mission again? Very annoying that I have to do everything twice? Any ideas? THanks in advance..

Quick question, just started with this campaign. I finish the first mission, then go to the second but if I fail that second mission I have to do the first one again? Shouldnt it just restart at the second mission again? Very annoying that I have to do everything twice? Any ideas? THanks in advance..

Every mission is set to restart if you fail, ensure you have the latest version of DCS World installed, try to force an update if required. I fixed this issue months ago regarding the user not having to go back to a previous mission. Let me know if that works.

• 3 weeks later...

Another Mission 14 question....are you guys refueling enroute or on the way home? I am having trouble finding the tanker without having my flight "fly to tanker"

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• 5 months later...
Another Mission 14 question....are you guys refueling enroute or on the way home? I am having trouble finding the tanker without having my flight "fly to tanker"

Sorry about my bad english.

I have tried this mission for 4 times now without making it. The last time all the enemies within the first objectives on the hill top where killed but nothing more happened after that. The radio where silent. No extraction team where sent and all my flight members had died. I had to air refule once (use F10 to see where the tanker are and heading that direction) and I also had to return to one of the bases near the coastline for rearming and refuling once more before I returned back for the last time just checking no enemies where left. What more shall I do?

Well, I tried it several times.

You only will have extraction team coming in if you really killed all enemy vehicles on the hilltop. It's a bit difficult sometimes to determine, cause vehicles are spreading out after every single attack on them, and some of them will not be destroyed by first hit totally, which keeps the extraction team trigger from happening. As far as I can remeber, I had an ancient AI ground attack parameter mod enabled, which prevented the F-16s from destroying AAA in the neighbouring village, so AAA in turn demolished my wingmen one by one overflying them during re-attacks on hilltop. So make sure first the F-16 really did their job, when they announce they did. Then I guess I stayed high from the beginning, let F-16s kill AAA. Then first you kill the incoming ZSU-23-4 Shilka to protect your flight, after arriving and going stationary, with precision weapon to make sure. Then I had the element expend their ordnance one at a time, to avoid quick successive bombs to miss their target due to vehicle changing position after each hit. With element going winchester, I sent them off to refuel, because for the AI, refueling takes REALLY forever (watch them in F2 literally inching in and out precontact position for up to 30 minutes). I lost them on several occasion due to flameout, if I haven't sent them to refuel right away after winchester. After refuel, you can call them back for their gun, if still necesary. In the meantime I had my wingman drop his bombs, and in between his attack runs I dropped mines too, onto targets in reverse order of threat level against your flight. So that for remaining gun runs there should be no remaining AA resistance.

Well, I tried it several times.

You only will have extraction team coming in if you really killed all enemy vehicles on the hilltop. It's a bit difficult sometimes to determine, cause vehicles are spreading out after every single attack on them, and some of them will not be destroyed by first hit totally, which keeps the extraction team trigger from happening. As far as I can remeber, I had an ancient AI ground attack parameter mod enabled, which prevented the F-16s from destroying AAA in the neighbouring village, so AAA in turn demolished my wingmen one by one overflying them during re-attacks on hilltop. So make sure first the F-16 really did their job, when they announce they did. Then I guess I stayed high from the beginning, let F-16s kill AAA. Then first you kill the incoming ZSU-23-4 Shilka to protect your flight, after arriving and going stationary, with precision weapon to make sure. Then I had the element expend their ordnance one at a time, to avoid quick successive bombs to miss their target due to vehicle changing position after each hit. With element going winchester, I sent them off to refuel, because for the AI, refueling takes REALLY forever (watch them in F2 literally inching in and out precontact position for up to 30 minutes). I lost them on several occasion due to flameout, if I haven't sent them to refuel right away after winchester. After refuel, you can call them back for their gun, if still necesary. In the meantime I had my wingman drop his bombs, and in between his attack runs I dropped mines too, onto targets in reverse order of threat level against your flight. So that for remaining gun runs there should be no remaining AA resistance.

Tested it once more right now and now it worked. I have no clue why it doesn’t worked before but I did the same thing this time and everything went fine.

Edited by Aqua_HeaD

• 2 years later...

Apologies if I'm not supposed to be posting in a thread this old, but I believe it to be relevant.

Ran into a problem on mission 8 that I don't think I can change on my end.

Upon mission start, Warrior 3-1 convoy begins moving towards the Objectives as if they are already taken out. I confirmed this with Tacview on a second go. First time around I saw destroyed vehicles which made me suspect this was the case. They are already dead by the time I'm airborne and en route to the IP.

• 2 months later...