[RESOLVED]Mission 2: Destruction Derby

Lt.Snake

In Mission 2 after I started to taxi behind the Follow Me Car (before the C-130 crash), my Wingman (dash 3) crashed in to his follow me car, resulting into him getting stuck on the wreckage. At this point wingman -2 had already merged into the taxiway right in front of my follow me car. After the Hercules crashes on final and the Mission Commander overrules the airport authorities, we are supposed to continue taxiing to the active runway. However, the wingman in front of me wouldn't move. Having nowhere to go, I had to try to squeeze past my follow me and my wingman. I got past the car just fine but got stuck on the Hawg, which promptly exploded ending the mission for me as well. Has anybody else had similar problems? Also, I realize that scoring is nessecary and motivating part of this campaign, but not beeing able to simply restart the flight without being bounced back to the previous mission is really frustrating given the circumstances.

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

\\\S.D. Plissken... American, Lieutenant: Special Forces Unit "Black Light". Two Purple Hearts, Leningrad and Siberia. Youngest man to be decorated by the President. Then you robbed the Federal Reserve Depository... life sentence, New York maximum security penitentary.

\\\My Specs

ASUS Maximus IX Code / i7 7700K / 32GB DDR4@3600MHz / MSI GeForce 1080Ti / Samsung M.2 960 EVO / ACER PREDATOR X34A / TM Warthog / MFG Crosswind Pedals / TIR 5

After the detainee flight had landed, I got clearance and the Follow-Me started to pull ahead. So I started to taxi. This is when -3 crashed into the car. After that the whole C-130 situation happens. Once this was finished ("open mic" message), we got ordered back to the parking spots, but the Baawwss (Whiplash-1) overruled the Base authorities, who promptly gave us clearance to continue to taxi, but the above described disaster ensued.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

\\\S.D. Plissken... American, Lieutenant: Special Forces Unit "Black Light". Two Purple Hearts, Leningrad and Siberia. Youngest man to be decorated by the President. Then you robbed the Federal Reserve Depository... life sentence, New York maximum security penitentary.

\\\My Specs

ASUS Maximus IX Code / i7 7700K / 32GB DDR4@3600MHz / MSI GeForce 1080Ti / Samsung M.2 960 EVO / ACER PREDATOR X34A / TM Warthog / MFG Crosswind Pedals / TIR 5

I had a lot of AI glitches in Mission 2 as well, just not the same ones.

I couldn't get the AI to engage anything for the life of me. Usually I have no problem getting them to engage targets at my SPI, but no such luck today. They respond but then just fly away. Luckily the heavy loadout allowed me to handle it all.

Dash 3 randomly crashed at some point early in the mission, no "ejecting" call or anything, just dead. Didn't even notice until a bit later when I didn't see him behind me.

Dash 2 went on a sabbatical, flying back to Kutaisi and orbiting there during the rescue of the pilot. Couldn't get him to rejoin or engage, no action whatsoever. He responded to all my commands, so my radios were set right - just didn't do anything.

And the same bug as mission 1 with dash 2 not leaving the runway. I had already shut down so I didn't try the change parking spots trick.

I think these are bugs in DCS, rather than the campaign. All this aside, fun mission!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Passed mission one and for some reasons mission 2 was not completed trigger did not work I guess...., but when trying to restart the mission..., the all campaign start from mission 1 again!!! Can you guys fix it? Same problem was with campaign from gazelle....., I mean it should not be so difficult especially if it is not the first time!.., next time I will wait before purchasing another campaigns! The all experience is frustrating and not worthy..., it is a shame...

I have footage of a bug with the follow me... since one of the A-10s taxied half way out the follow me car couldn't move, so I had to go around them. There was also a humvee that somehow blew up on the taxiway so when the A-10s returned home one got stuck on it.

- 1 hour 50 min in.

Hey Standing Cow, the issue is the ai wingman are suppose to start next to you on the NW apron at mission start, for some reason they are starting elsewhere and thus the major problems. I have reported the issue and hoping for a quick fix soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I had a lot of AI glitches in Mission 2 as well, just not the same ones.

I couldn't get the AI to engage anything for the life of me. Usually I have no problem getting them to engage targets at my SPI, but no such luck today. They respond but then just fly away. Luckily the heavy loadout allowed me to handle it all.

Dash 3 randomly crashed at some point early in the mission, no "ejecting" call or anything, just dead. Didn't even notice until a bit later when I didn't see him behind me.

Dash 2 went on a sabbatical, flying back to Kutaisi and orbiting there during the rescue of the pilot. Couldn't get him to rejoin or engage, no action whatsoever. He responded to all my commands, so my radios were set right - just didn't do anything.

And the same bug as mission 1 with dash 2 not leaving the runway. I had already shut down so I didn't try the change parking spots trick.

I think these are bugs in DCS, rather than the campaign. All this aside, fun mission!

Sandman,

I would recommend turning easy radio off in your options if you haven't already done so. Make sure you are transmitting on UHF and freq 251.000 to your flight and they should respond accordingly.

In Mission 2 after I started to taxi behind the Follow Me Car (before the C-130 crash), my Wingman (dash 3) crashed in to his follow me car, resulting into him getting stuck on the wreckage. At this point wingman -2 had already merged into the taxiway right in front of my follow me car. After the Hercules crashes on final and the Mission Commander overrules the airport authorities, we are supposed to continue taxiing to the active runway. However, the wingman in front of me wouldn't move. Having nowhere to go, I had to try to squeeze past my follow me and my wingman. I got past the car just fine but got stuck on the Hawg, which promptly exploded ending the mission for me as well. Has anybody else had similar problems? Also, I realize that scoring is nessecary and motivating part of this campaign, but not beeing able to simply restart the flight without being bounced back to the previous mission is really frustrating given the circumstances.

LT. Snake,

Thank you for the information. There is an issue with the starting position of the AI wingman causing the traffic jam, it has been reported and hopefully resolved soon.

On my first try of the mission one of the wingmen spawned at my supposed parking spot behind the follow me, so my plane got moved to spot 01 in a completely different area of the airfield. When moving they got stuck at the taxiway intersection so I aborted the mission.

On my next try (after redoing mission 1) everything went well - apart from 2 randomly CFITing later in the mission.

What does the I in AI stand for again? ^^

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

• ED Team

I have put a report in about the AI on mission 2, you can see in the editor the wingmen are in the wrong location. I am sure it will get put right.

It is strange because when I tested mission 2 I had no problems

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

work around

Do not move your A-10c at all until the follow me car moves to the end of the runway, this will ensure your flight will be behind you.

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It's good to know, that the issue is being looked into. Thanks for that. Also, thank you for the workaround, Big Newy. :thumbup:

Concerning being bumped back to the campaign start: I realize that it adds to the challenge. However, I like the "Maple Flag" approach better. You start every mission with a score of 50. For campaign progression a minimum score of 75 is required. Of course if you really mess up (you die, blue on blue, whatever), your score goes down and you go back to the previous mission. But if you just have to abort a mission i.e. for "domestic reasons" :music_whistling:or the situation that prompted me to open this thread, you still get to keep your score of 50 and can refly the mission. Much less frustrating. Just my 2 cents.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

\\\My Specs

It's good to know, that the issue is being looked into. Thanks for that. Also, thank you for the workaround, Big Newy. :thumbup:

Concerning being bumped back to the campaign start: I realize that it adds to the challenge. However, I like the "Maple Flag" approach better. You start every mission with a score of 50. For campaign progression a minimum score of 75 is required. Of course if you really mess up (you die, blue on blue, whatever), your score goes down and you go back to the previous mission. But if you just have to abort a mission i.e. for "domestic reasons" :music_whistling:or the situation that prompted me to open this thread, you still get to keep your score of 50 and can refly the mission. Much less frustrating. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah we're discussing about it here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=173852

• ED Team
Awesome mission and strange enough I encountered not a single taxi bug and my AI wingmen were very useful in taking out targets - DCS heaven!!!

Same for me the first time I tested this mission, no bug at all, I think I got lucky and waited before taxing, a fluke lol

• ED Team
1.5.4.56500.155 hotfix.

"Operation Piercing Fury" campaign: Second mission, player parking position changed, traffic jam at the spawn fixed.

fixed :)

Very nice! Thanks a lot!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

\\\My Specs

Thank you for being so responsive and openminded for suggestions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

\\\My Specs

Thank you for being so responsive and openminded for suggestions.

No problem, revamped scoring system for campaign submitted to ED, with a few other fixes (including Mission 5).