[RESOLVED]Campaign restart from mission 1 every Time!!

Bergamo

Every time you die or not complete the mission..., the next attempt will take right back to mission one...., the campaign does not save the completed missions...., same scenario was on the "gazelle campaign" I hope the guys in charge will fixed it asap!!:helpsmilie:

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

If something goes wrong don't go to the debriefing screen. Hit alt+ctrl+del then in Task Manager under Processes tab press End Process for DCS.exe. That way the campaign will not be overwritten. You'll be able to refly the failed mission...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

That is how campaigns work, if you die you get set back, that is the challenge, it is all part of the scoring process :)

If you do not wish to fly the missions as a campaign you can open them as a normal mission by using the mission option on the right of the main menu, then navigate to the mods/campaign/piercing fury folder and select the mission you wish to fly.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

That is how campaigns work, if you die you get set back, that is the challenge, it is all part of the scoring process :)

If you do not wish to fly the missions as a campaign you can open them as a normal mission by using the mission option on the right of the main menu, then navigate to the mods/campaign/piercing fury folder and select the mission you wish to fly.

This makes sense for event driven campaigns, but not for story driven campaigns. If you fail you should be reflying the failed mission, not the previous one, since it makes no logical sense. It's how Baltic Dragon tackled his campaigns for example.

What Mike86 said is correct, the workaround is to ALT-F4 every time the mission is not a success.

Edited by Gliptal

• ED Team

You may be correct, I was unaware there was another way of doing it

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

HI guys,

Thank you for reply, I must say that I agree with Gliptal..., all campaign I bought in dcs work the same way the progress is saved and when you die in a mission you start again the same mission and not from the beginning..., thank you for your tips I will try it even if I am not a pc pro..., I did encounter the same problem with the gazelle campaign and they fixed the bug...., I do expect the same here and I just wondering how is it possible that after all these campaign made it does still happen..., the campaign itself is nice and feel interactive with all these content...., it cost 10$ not a big investment but still before released it should be checked better!...., do you think they will update the bugs? and if yes when? is it possible to contact the guy who is responsible to explain the problems? thank you guys for your support:)

I don't want to write all that down again, so let me just quote a post I made yesterday in a neighboring thread. ;)

I think the whole campaign system was developed with the Georgian Oil War campaign for the Ka-50 in mind, which was an attempt to script an all-out war scenario where players start at a certain stage, and depending on success or failure, they'd get set back one stage, or have to refly the current stage, or advance one stage.

Story-driven campaigns would need to apply a few work-arounds. I think at mission start, the player should be awarded a score of exactly 50 so that when the mission is exited, the player would have to refly the current stage (aka mission, in this case). Any less than 50 and the player would be set back one stage (probably never a good idea in a story-driven campaign) and anything above 50 and the player would advance to the next stage (mission). So when a particular goal has been achieved by the player, the campaign should award one point, and unless the player later does something bad (blue-on-blue, crash/eject), the player would automatically advance to the next stage as soon as he quits the mission. Using some flags, the mission author could delay this until the player successfully lands at the destination airport, so that the player would always refly the mission until all mission critical goals have been achieved.

So, it's possible to get it working in a useful way, but authors have to be extra-aware of how the system works, and it's really easy to forget something here or there, and then players get reset to a previous stage when they quit too soon. Maybe it's something that Ranger could look at for an update at a later time (no clue how this campaign approaches the scoring, though, haven't had time to start it yet).

In short, advancing in a campaign depends on the score (or was it the "results"? I can never memorize it... ;)), and this score can only be applied by the mission designer (i.e., it is completely independent from how many units the player destroyed).

Here's how I understand it:

Score 0 to 49 points: Player gets set back one stage. If in first stage, campaign fails.

Score 50 points: Player has to refly current stage.

Score 51 to 100 points: Player advances one stage. If in final stage, campaign is won.

Edited by Yurgon

Here's how I understand it:

Score 0 to 49 points: Player gets set back one stage. If in first stage, campaign fails.

That's simply cruel

:cry:

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

That's simply cruel

:cry:

Nope, makes total sense - for the campaign it was first used in, which was the Georgian Oil War for the Ka-50. ;)

Like I said, story-driven campaigns should use the system in a slightly unintended way in order to prevent back-tracking, just like BD said. It's a bit of extra-work, but shouldn't be too difficult to implement once a campaign designer is aware of it.

Nope, makes total sense - for the campaign it was first used in, which was the Georgian Oil War for the Ka-50. ;)

Like I said, story-driven campaigns should use the system in a slightly unintended way in order to prevent back-tracking, just like BD said. It's a bit of extra-work, but shouldn't be too difficult to implement once a campaign designer is aware of it.

Ill look into a possible change to the scoring system in the near future. UPDATE: Entire campaign scoring systems revamped, no more going back a previous mission on mission fail. Thread here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=174124

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Edited by Ranger79
  • Like 1

I wouldn't say it's unintended. The Ka-50 shipped with Deployment campaign, which is a story driven campaign. That campaign uses exactly this method to prevent replaying old mission.

• Like 1