Making a break (PC technical problems)

Pilotasso

For those who are expecting me this week for online matches, well... my PC craped all over itself this morning after making a major defrag all night long. It wouldnt boot up with a System file corruption error. So I had to reformat the thing.

Been all day trying to bring this thing back alive but I cant find my bootable XP service pack CD, and Im having hard drive compatibility issues with the vanilla XP install (137MB limit), so untill I sort this mess out Ill have to put a rest on my flying for the time being. I cant even reinstall LOMAC (among other programs), it wont even finish copying the files. BTW I also lost all MSN contacts.

See you soon.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

msn contacts

to bad about your problem but if you install Windows live Messenger over a three hr. time frame it will load all you contacts , just use your .net passport account that you previously used and password and you should get them back. New feature. I tried it and it worked for me. Hope it will work for you. cheers.

I have 160 GIG HD.

I had SP1 installed previously and that allowed me to format the rest of the drive that wasnt being recognized. However, todays install was made on that partition, all 152GB (not the box 160GB) are recognized but microsoft warns that there will be issues. Ideed, half my programs get stuck during installation.

I know I have the disk, I never needed to reformat in the last 2 years and I kinda lost track of it in the CD mountain I have. I think my borther might have taken it with him to the AF academy along with his CD collection, in that case Ill have to wait untill next weekend.

See ya then.

My PC specs below:

Fo those who are expecting me this week for online matches, well... my PC craped all over itself this morning after making a major defrag all night long. It wouldnt boot up with a System file corruption error. So I had to reformat the thing.

Been all day trying to bring this thing back alive but I cant find my bootable XP service pack CD, and Im having hard drive compatibility issues with the vanilla XP install (137MB limit), so untill I sort this mess out Ill have to put a rest on my flying for the time being. I cant even reinstall LOMAC (among other programs), it wont even finish copying the files. BTW I also lost all MSN contacts.

See you soon.

You probably didnt have to do that, as with a startup disk all you really have to do is repair bootlog, and thats about it. Least thats what I always had to do. If you can, just make a startup disk with a floppy and run boot commands in msdos mode.

For those who are expecting me this week for online matches, well... my PC craped all over itself this morning after making a major defrag all night long. It wouldnt boot up with a System file corruption error. So I had to reformat the thing.

See you soon.

Meanwhile, Ill beat yer score on 169th stats board. Only a little bit left.

Meanwhile, Ill beat yer score on 169th stats board. Only a little bit left.

Nice work Nomad. you got some good stats there.

Pilotasso better hurry up and get his jet fixed. :P

:)

Can you not windows update or download the service packs?

Are you partitioning?

I think as long as the windows partition is less than lets say 80GB, it should be stable. It just wont like the extra GB in 2nd partition.

I had this problem on a 250GB drive. It wiped a partition out of existence with data on it, after a windows install on the 20GB first partition.

I was dumbfounded, the other partition was gone! off the planet.

Ended up installing SP1, then windows disk management saw the full drive size in unallocated partition, formatted it and was fine.

From CD install, create partition; and size(this will be the 1st C:drive), then leave left over GB. format later in Windows.

GL.

dredd4hd0.jpg

---= 169th Panthers -Flt Lt.- =---

http://www.169thpanthers.com.au

tbdreddey7.png

AMD64 S939 3700 | 2GB Corsair DDR500 | 21" CRT

ATI Radeon X800Pro | 2x36GB WD Raptors | SB Audigy

TIR3 | TM-868 | X52 | CH Pedals | Creative 5.1 Spkrs

Np about the stats, as soon as I start flying again Ill just take the place out from NOMAD as quicly as I lost it :P

News about my progress, I found the CD yesterday and it had a scratch in the middle of the CD wich kept me from conlcuding the SP1 fresh install due to ramdom corrupted files, but after rather desperate attempt after atempt and a bold cleaning operation on the CD I managed to boot up the system and started to install the updates. It will be a painstaking task to bring all my machine to what it was. I lost 40 GIG's of aviation movies and 4 GIG's of MP3's. :( Itlll take forever to recover from this blow.

Anyway, no time to waste, I will spend the whole day installing drivers and programs and then coding up all my musics all over again. See ya.

My PC specs below:

Np about the stats, as soon as I start flying again Ill just take the place out from NOMAD as quicly as I lost it :P

News about my progress, I found the CD yesterday and it had a scratch in the middle of the CD wich kept me from conlcuding the SP1 fresh install due to ramdom corrupted files, but after rather desperate attempt after atempt and a bold cleaning operation on the CD I managed to boot up the system and started to install the updates. It will be a painstaking task to bring all my machine to what it was. I lost 40 GIG's of aviation movies and 4 GIG's of MP3's. :( Itlll take forever to recover from this blow.

Anyway, no time to waste, I will spend the whole day installing drivers and programs and then coding up all my musics all over again. See ya.

Well...if u ever need a shoulder for crying, I'll be there.

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

Would you guys point me to aviation video sites? I also lost all my favourites. And have 40 GIGs of material to recover. :)

My PC specs below:

may I suggest a few things :

1. Get Symantec Ghost or Acronis True Image.

This way you can restore your HD to the time of your images creation.

This has saved me time and time again.

2. Create a new XP CD, slipstreaming SP2 into it. Hence it will be SP2 at time of install.

Thanks,

Brett

Im taking care of Sp2 slipstream right now. :)

Anyway, this is a the very first time for me in the 15 years (I had one other incident with a macro virus years ago). I've always been carefull with what I do and never do install frenzy. I have yet to find the cause for system files corruption, never heard of a defrag program doing it.

Anyway, I have now decided that as soon as I get the engeneering job Ill start saving for a new PC with 2 HD drives. 1 For the OS and the other for the stuff I need to survive a holocaust inside my PC.

My PC specs below: