Camera positions question.

NY3D

Im currently using FC 1.12a My question is,how do these guys (LOMAC users that make videos.)manage to change camera positions.For example I saw a video where a SU-27 is coming in on a final approach,but the way he had the camera set-up made it look really cool.By watching the video it seems that the camera is near the "touchdown point" and to the side,the result...you can see the aircraft approaching and landing from a new perspective.Does anyone know how they pulled it off,cause as far as i know one can not move cameras in LOMAC,unless of course you're a programmer,then anything is posible i guess.Anyway I just thought maybe one of you guys can share some knowledge....thanx in advance.:pilotfly:

You can use F11 to roam anywhere you want and everytime you press it, it will cycle through all air bases. While in the F2 view you can rotate the camera around the aircraft and if you hit ctrl ESC the camera will rotate on that postition. Thats a great way to get some cool angles. ctrl / and * create some cool angles too. Try em all out. You can also get a program that manipulates the default camera angles.

search for LOCFGSetup2-1a on google and read up about it. It may help as well.

Cheers

Pause the sim and enter F2 view. While in the F2 view, set up the angle you want. Press CTRL-F11. Zoom in or out with the NumPad / and * keys. Press KeyPad . (period) to lock the view to the aircraft. Or, if you prefer a more telephoto view, while in CTRL-F11 (and before pressing ".") use CTRL-* to zoom in the background. Then play around with the / and * keys for the look you want. Don't forget to press KeyPad . as the last thing you do, if you want the camera to follow the aircraft. Otherwise the a/c will simply fly through the frame and be gone.

You'll need to experiment to get just the look you want. But it's a heck of a lot of fun playing with those angles. :)

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

And be sure to check tke file "KeyCommands" in your LockOn/Doc/ folder. There are three pages of view switching and modification keys listed.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• ED Team
Pause the sim and enter F2 view. While in the F2 view, set up the angle you want. Press CTRL-F11. Zoom in or out with the NumPad / and * keys. Press KeyPad . (period) to lock the view to the aircraft. Or, if you prefer a more telephoto view, while in CTRL-F11 (and before pressing ".") use CTRL-* to zoom in the background. Then play around with the / and * keys for the look you want. Don't forget to press KeyPad . as the last thing you do, if you want the camera to follow the aircraft. Otherwise the a/c will simply fly through the frame and be gone.

You'll need to experiment to get just the look you want. But it's a heck of a lot of fun playing with those angles. :)

Rich

Yeah or you could pan after the plane using the mouse :thumbup: