Grudge Match Series: Mig 21 Vs F-5 ROUND 2 DEBRIEF/AAR

Hook47

FINAL_SCORE.png

CONGRATS TO TEAM TIGER- OUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 2!!!

CONGRATS TO MANZANITA- COMMUNITY ELECTED MOST VALUABLE PILOT!!!

Thank you to Leatherneck Simulations, Maple Flag Missions, SA-Sim.com & Black Knights squadron for sponsorship & support!

Use this thread to discuss the match. Comments and constructive feedback welcome!

Raw Youtube Upload- Highlights from round 1 & 2 coming soon!

Event Tacview!!! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6_1ef8XwP2UZFl5TmJGcTFzS3c/view

Raw Broadcast Source Upload (Highlight Reel coming soon, we had some audio issue but they were resolved at the 5 minute mark)

Edited by Hook47

Fantastic event Hook and thanks to all the organisers and sponsors! Looking forward to the next one, whatever the aircraft featured.

Suggestions for next round:

> Remove the ability for players to see the other team taking off and landing in the chat log.

> Create a set of triggers that give time warnings/updates every 10 mins after match start.

> Devise a script that logs each team's score and posts updates to the chat, the current method of peering at the scoreboard isn't ideal.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome!!

Congrats team Tiger! :)

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Proud of Team Tiger - the hard week's work paid off! Every single pilot made a great contribution!!

Also happy to be fighting tough opponents on Team Fishbed, it was definitely not a piece of cake...

And thank you Hook for great organizing and commentary with great personality I watched some of the Twitch broadcast afterwards and you are a talent :)

I want to thank Hook and all the event organizers and sponsors for putting up such an amazing event. What a great match, proud to have been part of it. I also want to thank my team for being absolutely killer and on point. We were confident in our skills and showed up to the match with the right composure for the win. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

So now after reading the AAR and recieving the T-Shirt from Maple Flag Missions just in time for my birthday I feel obligated to praise everyone involved in that awesome event. It's a little bit late, but here we go.

The whole week of training leading to the event was clearly peak DCS for me, it can't get any better. So, thank to my team, you guys were absolutly awsome. Thanks Stuge for your guidance, training and analysis.

Thanks to the sponsors, Maple Flag Missions for the magnificent T-Shirt and Leatherneck Simulations, you guys did already an awesome job on the Mig21bis. I'm really looking forward to the Viggen.

Also thanks to the organizers. It's just incredible what the community can accomplish.

The biggest surprise for me was the casting. After the event I thought I should counter the energy drinks running through my veins with some beer and I watched the stream. I was just blown away how well everything was presented and how stunning the casting was.

I really hope the 3rd generation fighters catches more on in the (online) community. Both modules are really awesome and it's a real pleasure to fly them.

Big thanks to everyone beeing involved.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“The guy you don't see will kill you.”

- Robin Olds

• 1 month later...