Looking for a flight instrutor

Sea_Gull

Hello,

I have been flying the a10c for about a month or so, working through Maple's Qualification Missions. I am looking to step up by flight skills, so I picked up the Albatros in the hopes of finding an instructor who is willing to help develop my flight skills.

I am located in the States, and fly mostly at nights, I have TrackIR, and TM Warthog Hotas.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Sea_Gull

You might want to join a squad that offers training. You'll learn a lot faster flying with some experienced pilots.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Thank you for the replies.

Apache600 - What I am looking for is stepping up my skills in any and all categories. I have been casually playing fight sims since the mid-1990's, however nothing as complex or formal as DCS.

I can startup, take off, and land the A-10C with some reliability, however I am still learning the nav, communication, and weapon systems.

I picked up the albatross, in the hopes of getting a better handle on threat avoidance, general flying skills, formation flying, maneuvers, navigation, combat theory, ect.

I also own these modules along with the Albatross and A10C :

Nevada

Huey

Mi-8

Mig-21

Bf-109

FW-190

I haven’t spent very much time in any of the other modules, because I have been focusing on learning the A10C before moving on to a different platform.

Thank you for the replies.

I picked up the albatross, in the hopes of getting a better handle on threat avoidance, general flying skills, formation flying, maneuvers, navigation, combat theory, ect.

To really get a grasp of how the modern battlefield works.. the missile dynamics, SAM systems, air to air weapons and so on, I believe the best way is to take up a 4th generation fighter. That means Flaming Cliffs 3 aircraft, and also the Mirage kindof qualifies for this purpose. This allows you to really find the limits of what the weapon systems are capable of.

Flying aircraft with poor kinematic performance(like helos and strikers) means you won't understand in depth how to kinematically defeat missiles.

Flying aircraft with poor or lacking radar warning receivers (like Mig-21 for example) means you will often have no idea where an incoming missile is coming from or its current location, meaning you cannot learn to defend against it.

Flying aircraft with primitive/old air to air armament means you will not get enough feel for how the newer, more modern missiles work in action, because you don't get to use them! (duh)

Edited by Stuge

Hey Stuge. I'd be happy to work with you if you haven't arranged anything so far. I do just about everything from general flight instruction all the way up to advanced ACM tactics. It's all up to you on what you want to learn. I'm also in the states and am available from 4pm to 10pm on weekdays and pretty much 24/7 on weekends. Just shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Thanks for your time,

Kip

To really get a grasp of how the modern battlefield works.. the missile dynamics, SAM systems, air to air weapons and so on, I believe the best way is to take up a 4th generation fighter. That means Flaming Cliffs 3 aircraft, and also the Mirage kindof qualifies for this purpose. This allows you to really find the limits of what the weapon systems are capable of.

Flying aircraft with poor kinematic performance(like helos and strikers) means you won't understand in depth how to kinematically defeat missiles.

Flying aircraft with poor or lacking radar warning receivers (like Mig-21 for example) means you will often have no idea where an incoming missile is coming from or its current location, meaning you cannot learn to defend against it.

Flying aircraft with primitive/old air to air armament means you will not get enough feel for how the newer, more modern missiles work in action, because you don't get to use them! (duh)

Serious question, have you flown the Mig21? That's so not true. I know plenty of people flying it that use it just fine against modern aircraft and you know when you're locked and fired on and where its coming from. It just requires more SA than the FC aircraft. It must've been a miracle that guys flying those planes back in the day ever survived because they couldn't learn anything. lol

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Check us out, we are mixed throughout the US timezones and do dedicated L-38 Training. We also train and focus on the MiG-21 and F-5. We focus on everything you are looking for. If you have any doubts, ask those we have trained. I highly disagree with the statement on 4th Gen aircraft. There is a reason a military pilot begins in a trainer and uses a building block approach to flying and fighting. If you are not good at the basics which a trainer allows you to do with someone siting behind you, you will never reach your full potential.

http://adversarypros.proboards.com/

Edited by viperdogsnake

on

If you are not good at the basics which a trainer allows you to do with someone siting behind you, you will never reach your full potential.

...never say never? :)

P.S. I'm under the impression that one of the main reasons for using trainer jets in real life is that it's cheaper than using a real fighter.

Don't get me wrong I'm not dissing any approach path to training.. but there are many ways to train ;)

...never say never? :)

P.S. I'm under the impression that one of the main reasons for using trainer jets in real life is that it's cheaper than using a real fighter.

Don't get me wrong I'm not dissing any approach path to training.. but there are many ways to train ;)

Cheaper, yes, but like I said building its a building block appch. Speed picks up as you move alone. Thats why many trainers have some similarity in avionics to the line fighter. It will ease them into what they will see but at half the speed.

Never say never in the sim,yes, but in RL youd kill yourself real quick.

on