Virtual Windows desktop..?

Goblin

Anybody use a virtual desktop for their VR HMDs?

I only use my PC for games and sims. I'm thinking maybe I can ditch the 2D screen all together by using a virtual desktop app. I guess I would still need a 2D screen for making BIOS changes and when setting up a new PC and/or re-installing Windows.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/382110/

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/911715622255585/

Anybody got any experience with these apps?

LoL! Just realized they are the same app... Well then, anybody tried it or know of another and better one..?

Edited by Goblin

I use Big Screen often and quite like the concept but tends to take a fps hit in DCS if I launch from it. The resoultion can be a bit of a strain in this generation of headsets. But your experience may vary. And of course its free to use to try for your self.

There we were....two against a thousand.....so what'd we do....Shotem' both!!!!

Intel core I5-9600, GB RTX 2080TI@2050Mhz, Asus ROG Strix Z390, 32GB G.Skill ddr4 3000 Ram. 40" Philips 4K monitor, HP Reverb, Vive Pro, Rift CV1, TMWH and SimXperience Motion Sim, Lime green jocks, Jack Daniels 1770, 2 packs Marlborough, etc etc etc...:megalol:

Thanks for your replies!

I installed the Virtual Desktop, and with that on "start with windows" I could unplug my monitor, boot up the PC and start DCS from VR. There seem to be a slight performance degradation though. And when I exited DCS I was not returned to the virtual desktop, or Oculus home.

So I guess I will still use a regular 2D screen for booting and such.

Virtual Desktop seems like a very cool app though, well worth the $13. Lots of cool features like watching movies (2D or 3D, 360) and panoramic photos.