KIF utility

Johnny Dioxin

You're welcome - this video should help - it will be low res for a while (takes an hour or two before they get it up to HD standard).

https://youtu.be/N0os5f4oomc

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Update 1 link added to the first post.

Before installing, please delete any previous KIF kneeboard folder for the Hawk.

Unarchive the Kneeboard folder into a temporary folder, then copy it and paste it inside your

User/Saved Games/DCS or DCS.openalpha folder.

Click "Yes" when asked if you want to merge the folders.

This update contains pictorial start-up images for the A-10C and an updated start-up guide for the Hawk.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

:thumbup::thumbup:

:joystick::pilotfly:

• Like 1

Grupo Aeronaval Embarcado Virtual

http://www.gaev.com.ar

Mis compras.

-A-10C Warthog -UH-1H Huey -P-51D Mustang -Combined Arms -Black Shark 2-Mi-8MTV2-Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3-F-86F Sabre-MiG-15bis-Spitfire LF Mk. IX-MiG-21bis by Magnitude 3 LLC-Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst-Fw 190 D–9-Black Shark (1ºv) -LockOn: Modern Air Combat -LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2. DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Pre-Pruchase

Thanks.

For start-up all will get pictorial guides, except the two WWII Luftwaffe aircraft, which will only get text checklists, as I don't own them.

I also have a little correcting to do , as I seem to keep finding small errors - these lists were originally made quite a few updates ago and it's possible some things have changed.

Not all of the other procedures will get pictures, as some are simple enough without them and I don't want to clog up the kneeboard with too many pages if it isn't necessary.

Like the Ka-50 ABRIS, I'm planning to have a picture of each mode page and which functions are on it, but list the actual procedures in text. Otherwise it will get pretty big.

Kneeboard Guides

I'm very pleased to say that this weeks' update will include the pictorial and text start-up checklists for the 3 Gazelle types.

I also have some good info pages for the Su-25T, but as I didn't make them, I have to find out who did and ask them if it's ok to include them first. I hope so, because they have really good info (munition descriptions, SPO info, anti-air threat info etc). EDIT - found the author now, just awaiting response

I'm also hoping to have combat engagement procedure lists (text) for several other FC3 aircraft ready for the next update, too.

Edited by Brixmis
edit

Kneeboard Guides

Thanks - here's a preview of the main bits in this weeks' update:

https://youtu.be/0lZ5DM6b3Fo

Thanks to sdm1627 for allowing use of his pictures :thumbup:

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Stupid question perhaps, but if I bring up the kneeboard, it shows like a "static" pic in one corner. Moving my head moves the view from within the A/C, but the kneeboard remains static. In your YTvids the kneeboard is clearly "floating" in the pit. How do you bring that up? (excellent work, by the way!!)

really great and much appreciated. This is really gonna help me learn that long A-10c startup procedure. Small bug i think: some of the jpgs for tha A-10c (the first 2 and 5 last pictures) have a capitalized ending (JPG instead of jpg) which dcs 2.0 does not load correctly. These don't show up on the kneeboard until the ending is corrected to small letters like the rest is already.

Ah, thanks for that - it did show up ok in 1.5.4 but I'll have to change it for 2.0

It's a regular PITA problem with my image viewer and general tool, FastStone.

Why on Earth they chose to do the filetype suffix in capitals is a mystery. it screws up my website, too! Major Pain.

Kneeboard Guides

The update is awaiting approval - I'll add the link to the first post when it is available. Update: I've uploaded it to Google Drive for now - link in 1st post.

To install, just unarchive to a temporary folder (the downloads folder will do fine) then copy or cut the "Kneeboard" folder and paste it in:

"C:\Users\*username*\Saved Games\DCS

or

...\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha

folder. You can delete the SA342 folder that was included in the previous version, but it won't do any harm if you don't.

When you paste the folder, it will ask if you want to merge folders, just click on "Yes" - this is just asking if it's okay to put more stuff in a folder that already exists.

If you have the original KIF installed, you will also be asked if you want to replace some files - again, you should do so, as these contain corrections for previously released files.

That's it - make sure your kneeboard controls are assigned (you don't need the shortcut controls if you don't have enough buttons/switches - the main ones are on/off, next page and previous page).

***please also note that the keyboard commands for the kneeboard are not the same in every module.***

The update contains:

SA342 Gazelle - pictorial and text start-up for all 3 models plus text checklist for Viviane

MiG-15bis - Pictorial start-up guide

Su-25T - Various data on available munitions, SPO and anti-air threats on both sides (red & blue) - thanks to Sandro di Matteo

Hawk T.1A - update to text start-up checklist to include anti-skid and parking brake

A-10C - Error correction for the last four pictorial start-up items, which was preventing them being seen (capital letter extension changed to lower case)

Mirage 2000C - error correction; same as in A-10C

All modules - Radio frequencies for aerodromes in the Caucasus (NTTR frequencies will be added once the new aerodromes are in).

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Hi Guys,

I have moved this to Dropbox, so I can upload and update it as I finish files:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6ik0ga9emhbli45/AADkGcqCEXD8R3CSw4Y0L4SZa?dl=0

This is the KIF folder - you can download and/or leave comments if you like. I will post here when I have added files and will update the whole package for download every few updates, so someone new to the utility can get it all up to date, in one go.

Kneeboard Guides

Thank you Brixmis for your work. Small suggestion for the future is to use version numbers with each new version. Instead of separate folders just release one new version 1.2 for example. Less confusing in my opinion. Love the munitions tables that are added with information.

g8PjVMw.png

Thanks for the comments and your input. The ordnance data was by Sandro di Matteo - I had planned doing something covering this, but he had already done a nice job, and let me use them.

Yes - I would prefer to upload the whole thing each time, but as some people have slow connections and others may want to just download the new files, I did the base and then update release route.

However, from now on I will be hosting on Dropbox and Google Drive - and I will have the whole, updated utility, going up by a point per release (i.e. v1 then 1.1 up to 1.9 then 2.0 etc), in addition to having individual folders available for single modules.

That way, people can download the whole thing, or just the bits they want. If there is an update to a particular module, then they only need to download that single folder or they can download the whole updated utility.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6ik0ga9emhbli45/AADkGcqCEXD8R3CSw4Y0L4SZa?dl=0

Will have it sorted that way by the end of the week. I also think this thread might need moving elsewhere, I just don't know where, as it isn't a mod and concerns all modules.

Anyway, the DCS website download link for update 2 is here:

http://www.lockon.ru/en/files/2125170/

EDIT: In fact, I've done that now. The complete, up to date utility is v2.

The individual module files in the "Modules" folder will always be kept up to date and update notifications will be posted here.

Please let me know if there are any issues with Dropbox, thanks.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Ooh very nice! Definitely going to use these, thanks very much for your efforts!

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

You're welcome - I enjoy doing and using them myself :)

Unfortunately no updates at the moment as I'm not well since last week (shoulder woes) - but hope to have some new material by the weekend.

Kneeboard Guides

Okey dokey, the next update will include pictorial start-up for the F-86F, MiG-15bis and F-5E.

After that will be pictorial start-up for the MiG-21bis and Mirage 2000C and text checklists for any modules that don't yet have one.

I'm trying to get something sorted for individual FC3 aircraft, but I can't promise too much at this stage, except for the Su-25T, which has its own kneeboard folder.

Then I'll look at doing checklists or kneeboard-sized guides for ordnance deployment in all of the remaining modules (the A-10C and Mi-8MTV already have them).

Kneeboard Guides

Okay, I've done the F-5E stuff, but have been unable to get into the kneeboard for the module, and also had zero response from the devs after asking about it.

So the F-5E start-up to climb out guide will go on my website and be uploaded to Dropbox, but I have to say my motivation is waning.

Page:

http://www.c9114110.myzen.co.uk/Guides/f5e.htm

Dropbox (for image files):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q71phjpic3qjb2y/F-5E_startup.zip?dl=0

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides