Can I Bind a Joystick Button as a 'Use Key'?

Sorry if this question seems a bit noobish but I 'd like to find out the best way to use a button on my TMTFH-X jowstick to select items just like we do by pressing the 'left mouse button' on a mouse? I'd like to use my joystick to select items and not have to use a mouse at all when flying.

When I flying and sitting in the cockpit, I use the F-2 key to see the aircraft from the outside view. If I then touch or move the mouse the camera view moves the aircrafts viewpoint around. I does not move the aircraft at all but I lose the angle I'd set i.e, for an attack or just to land or chicking my hover. So I'd like to add the 'select' or 'use' option to a joystick button. What command do I bind to my TMTFH-X joystick?

In the controls setting, in the "UI" section, You should be able to map both left and right mouse button to any joystick button.

Regards

HoBBiS

Simpit: i7 8700k, 64GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, Oculus Rift-S, Grip: Virpil Constellation Alpha. Throttle: Virpil Mongoos T-50CM2 all mounted on a IKEA office chair with the Monstertech office chair kit.

Hello,

Select what items? How are you going to move the cursor around with the joystick and fly at the same time? You can map any button to any command in the UI. Go through the pull down menus and find what you want.

Myself, I just un-map the mouse from the camera views. It still works for selections, but it won't affect the camera when I LALT C to hide the cursor. I don't use externals very often as I am multi screen, if I do, I can use keyboard to move the camera.

Please note: using externals as you are doing is a form of a cheat and externals view can be shut off on a MP server to prevent this. I'm not judging, I'm just giving you a heads up. It is best to learn the right and realistic way. :)

I can't tell what command to bind to as it is unclear as to what you want to select with the joystick button.

Good luck to you,

Thank's All, I'd like to be able to fly and use all the aircraft weapons on a mission SP or MP without having to use the mouse at all. I use the F2 key (outside camera view) set directly behind the aircraft just to follow it. I'd just like the camera view to stay locked in that position. I'm still now use to using a joystick with a separate throttle controller. For many years I used the Logitech Extreme FF Pro (one piece) joystick so I had one hand free. However with my new TMTFH-X I'll have to get use to keeping my hands on both controls. So I figure it would be better to have everything mapped to the TMTFH-X.