[REPORTED] Aircraft sound stops

Reflected

it happened in my F-86 as i switched to external view and back... (F2 -> F1)

Sound in Cockpit disappeared but if i switched back to external view, the sound was still there.

After landing i choose another slot and sound was back.

Gruß / Greetings

Corsi

it happened in my F-86 as i switched to external view and back... (F2 -> F1)

Sound in Cockpit disappeared but if i switched back to external view, the sound was still there.

After landing i choose another slot and sound was back.

Similar to what I got. It's strange that we still get the sound in one view, but not in another one.

I got this problem today, trying the 2nd mission of 'Hunters over the Yalu'.

DCS/2.5.5.41962 (x86_64; Windows NT 6.1.7601)

Here is the sequence of operations:

- start-up, take-off => no problem

- external view on closest airplane to check wingmen => no problem

- back to internal view => no problem

- fly-by view => no problem

- back to internal view => NO SOUND

- external view => no problem

- fly-by view => no problem

- back to internal view => NO SOUND

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

This doesn't happen to me very often in single player. But is much more frequent in multiplayer. I find it hard to fly without hearing my engine. Similar to how I am now used to my vibrating seat pad. Without the seat pad or the sound, I can't "feel" my throttle setting. But as annoying as it is, it doesn't cripple performance. So, it could be worse. But I wish they could find and fix this longstanding bug.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This happens to me 2 out of 8 times in single player. Today I was in mission 4 of the hunters of yalu campaign. We were all formed up, the last radio call was for to orbit waiting for the supporting flight. But maybe a minute or so later, just cruising internal cockpit view the internal sounds just stopped. So it wasn't caused by switching the views. After the sound stopped I switched to the F2 view, the external sounds were still working fine, but switching back to internal F1 view the internal sounds still were not working. I have seen this same thing happen in a recent grim reapers video of the f86.

I am running the latest Stable version NOT open beta.

dcsF86_soundsstopped.log.zip

Edited by XAiracobraX

Intel i7-10700k, 32GB DDR4, GTX 1080 8GB, 1TB NVMe SSD, LG32GK850G 2560x1440 Monitor, Noctua u12a cooler

So I had this sound bug also. Happened when I was flying alone on the Channels Map. Was a VR performance test. No other aircraft on the map, no triggers in the mission, no scripts. It happened approx. 23 minutes after joining the aircraft.

The track replays the situation very good on current Open Beta, but the sound does not disappear when replaying the track. So not possible to replicate with the track.

When it happened the PC was heavily loaded. FPS dropped below 45 for motion reprojection. I have the indication for motion reprojection activated in the VR headset, so I know if I have less than 45 FPS, exactly 45 FPS, or 90 FPS.

In the track I shoot the guns just after losing the interior sound, to check the sound. But even the guns lost their sound. The only sound I could hear was the ADF-noise when I switched it on. Exterior sound was okay though.

Mission and log added. The zip contains the track.

Fox

F-86_nocockpit sound.zip

dcs.log

tmp.miz

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team

Sorry about this all, this really has been a difficult issue to pin down.

Can I ask you all to enable full debug logs by following this guide https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-world-2-5/bugs-and-problems-ai/game-crash-ad/267879-enable-full-debug-log-with-your-autoexec-cfg

as soon as you get the sound problem close dcs and attach the track replay and your dcs log.

I will be revisiting the report and speaking with our dev team.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Crickey, can't beleve this is still ongoing. I made a mission earlier and gave up after I took off. Lost cockpit sound but all others were OK. First time I'd flown the Sabre for years and wanted to check if this problem had been fixed. I mentioned this way back. Never mind, if it can be fixed that would be great. Got plenty of other modules to fly so I can wait.

• 4 weeks later...

Yep,

Same here. Latest stable version. Sound cut off after 20 min in Yalu mission.

But...

I could make it back by pressing F2 (outside view) then "jump command" RAlt + J... and sound comes back.

But... not sure if it was my original airplane (because in this mission we start with 12 sabres) and 7 Sabres desappear, but maybe they crashed in the moutains.

Well something to try anyway.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, XAiracobraX said:

Anyone know if this issue is fixed in 2.7?

First: hey there! been awhile since we flew together.

But the odds of 2.7 fixing a bug that has been unique to the F-86 code for years is unlikely. However, they did do some sound updates, so let's keep our fingers crossed!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

@BIGNEWY@NineLine

This issue has plagued multiplayer servers since day one. I still get this issue occasionally after 20 minutes or so of flight, once in a while. It's been a constant annoyance, and I think the Sabre players have waited long enough. It's been five years. 

Would it be possible to have the devs set something up to test the issue? Is there any way the community can help ED nail this bug down?  There must be something we can do. Many tracks were sent already, but we do not see any progress from our end.

I don't think we're being unreasonable. Flying with no sound is a complete immersion killer. 

Edited by Charly_Owl
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...