[REPORTED] Aircraft sound stops

Reflected

4 hours ago, btd said:

Finally, I managed to get this bug in 2.7.6.13436. And I find out that there are the errrors with calculating the oxygen system. And they broke the sounds in the cockpit.

I will report the bug to the proper developers. Many thanks to everybody! Please wait for the fixes.

My hero!

• Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 4:22 PM, btd said:

Finally, I managed to get this bug in 2.7.6.13436. And I find out that there are the errrors with calculating the oxygen system. And they broke the sounds in the cockpit.

I will report the bug to the proper developers. Many thanks to everybody! Please wait for the fixes.

Fantastic outcome......well done btd and everyone else that helped to finally nail this bug 👍

• Like 2

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Fantastic! Thanks very much. I can say that I got it again at least twice the past few days. Last time was under negative g with the ear ringing. Probably some throttle movement too. After that normal cockpit sound was gone except for radio and ear ringing. External was fine as usual. I made it back and landed OK.

I am still running 2.7.6 so that I can use my .luas. Can someone assure me that the new restricted f86.lua and shell_table.lua are more acceptable?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

1 hour ago, Squiffy said:

Fantastic! Thanks very much. I can say that I got it again at least twice the past few days. Last time was under negative g with the ear ringing. Probably some throttle movement too. After that normal cockpit sound was gone except for radio and ear ringing. External was fine as usual. I made it back and landed OK.

I am still running 2.7.6 so that I can use my .luas. Can someone assure me that the new restricted f86.lua and shell_table.lua are more acceptable?

If you're referring to the incorrect lead calculations for the gunsight/improper ammunition values, that has not been resolved.  The AIM-9B's performance has been corrected, however.

• Like 1

Early Cold War Servers

https://discord.gg/VGC7JxJWDS

Thanks 2alpha,

I have tried the AIM-9B, especially in those power climbs to no avail. I will stick with my edits for now.

And I just recently saw a MiG-15 two seat video on YouTube where the instructor gives the young new pilot a check ride and they do touch and goes. They also practice stalls and get the feel for the sloppy aileron authority at low speeds. They back down to between 130 and 150 kts and do some test rolling side to side. The authority is really low and gone at those speeds. Another point where the Sabre excelled in roll rate, which lent to the scissor tactics. Our problem is still the Sputnik climb defense the AI uses after the scissor works, rolling or flat. They just punch it and off they go into a vertical climb, while the Sabre is low energy and then can't follow close enough. More accurate fire and shell dynamics will help here so you can tag them a bit more and degrade their performance if there are no changes to AI. I will edit the MiG SFM again to reduce the roll Theta in the matrix at low mach numbers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

it'd just be so much easier if they actually fixed the bug that causes the issue...

On 4/12/2022 at 4:55 PM, Squiffy said:

Thanks 2alpha,

I have tried the AIM-9B, especially in those power climbs to no avail. I will stick with my edits for now.

And I just recently saw a MiG-15 two seat video on YouTube where the instructor gives the young new pilot a check ride and they do touch and goes. They also practice stalls and get the feel for the sloppy aileron authority at low speeds. They back down to between 130 and 150 kts and do some test rolling side to side. The authority is really low and gone at those speeds. Another point where the Sabre excelled in roll rate, which lent to the scissor tactics. Our problem is still the Sputnik climb defense the AI uses after the scissor works, rolling or flat. They just punch it and off they go into a vertical climb, while the Sabre is low energy and then can't follow close enough. More accurate fire and shell dynamics will help here so you can tag them a bit more and degrade their performance if there are no changes to AI. I will edit the MiG SFM again to reduce the roll Theta in the matrix at low mach numbers.